Windows 10: Irrational Keyboard Input Delay

Discus and support Irrational Keyboard Input Delay in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Lenovo Flex 5 1570 that runs Windows 10. I have a really odd issue with my keyboard, that's most noticeable when I play video games. It's not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BrazenBunnies, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Irrational Keyboard Input Delay

I have a Lenovo Flex 5 1570 that runs Windows 10. I have a really odd issue with my keyboard, that's most noticeable when I play video games. It's not "active" all of the time, and I can't figure out any specific triggers or applications that start it. Sometimes it's worse, sometimes it's less present, and sometimes it's completely nonexistent. It produces the following symptoms:

- Delayed keypresses

- Prolonged keypresses

- Negation of keypresses

- Double keypresses

It makes video games unplayable and typing extremely unsatisfying. For example, I'll see that I accidentally forgot to press a button, so I press the appropriate key and two of the same key show up. Any key-controlled character in a video game will be almost completely out of control.

I did some testing, and found that when it is present, it affects all keyboards, including the integrated one, a USB keyboard, and even the on-screen keyboard. I've done BIOS updates, virus scans, reinstalled my keyboards over and over, and even deleted windows updates to see if they would make a difference.

At one point, it did. I didn't have an issue for about 2 months. I decided then that it was some sort of glitch that got fixed. Later it came back. I asked for help from Microsoft and Lenovo and didn't get any solutions. This time I have included a video of me tapping keys as accurately as I could along with a metronome here. It's fine for the first 30 seconds, but after that there is very visible stuttering.

My computer features an i7-7500U CPU, 8 GB of RAM, and an nVidia GeForce 940MX graphics card, so I doubt that hardware is the issue here.

I would really appreciate any help.

[Moved from: Windows / Gaming on Windows 10]

:)

BrazenBunnies, Jul 31, 2018

2. Language keyboard input doesn't equal output

Hi,

Language input may vary depending on the Input method set on your keyboard settings. To sort your concern, we suggest that you check if the desired input is set correctly by following these steps:

• Type in Language and keyboard options on the search box.
    • Select the desired language that you're trying to set up.
    • Once you've selected the language, select Options.
    • Under Keyboards, select Microsoft IME and click
      Options.
    • Scroll down and select Open advanced settings.
    • A window will pop up. Under General tab, click the drop-down arrow for
      Input method and select the desired input.
    • Click OK.

Let us know if you encounter any challenges along the process.

Darwin Dim, Jul 31, 2018
  3. Keyboard input problem.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please follow the steps below and see if it helps:

• Type "language" in the search bar, choose Settings, and then tap or click
      Add a language.

• Choose the language that you want to add, click Options next to the language name, and then click
      Add an input method.

• Browse the input method list and look for the keyboard layout you want to use.

• double-click the keyboard layout, and click Save.
    For more information click on the link below and see if it helps. (also applicable for Windows 10)

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows-8/change-keyboard-layout

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Jul 31, 2018
  4. Mohan B P Win User

Irrational Keyboard Input Delay

Input language English, Keyboard German

Hi,

I realize that you are facing the issue with the Keyboard layout in Windows 10, let me assist you.

This issue might occur if the input method settings are not configured properly.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X key and select
      Control Panel from the menu.

• Click on Clock, Language, and Region option.

• Click on Language and click on
      Advanced settings
      in the left pane.

• Select the required input in the drop down menu under
      Override for default input method

• Click on Save.

If the required language is not listed, follow the steps below to add the required language and then perform the above mentioned changes.

• Press Windows key + I
      key and select Time & Language.

• Click on Region & language in the left pane, click on
      Add a language and select the required language from the list.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us with the updated status of the issue for further assistance on Windows. We will be glad to assist you.

Mohan B P, Jul 31, 2018
Thema:

Irrational Keyboard Input Delay

1. Irrational Keyboard Input Delay - Similar Threads - Irrational Keyboard Input

2. Huge input delay on keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Huge input delay on keyboard: This happens mostly when I'm playing games, but sometimes when I press the keys it would take a few seconds to actually respond and whenever I let go of them, them still continue the action after a couple seconds. I've tried reinstalling the keyboard, which worked once but...
  3. Huge input delay on keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Huge input delay on keyboard: This happens mostly when I'm playing games, but sometimes when I press the keys it would take a few seconds to actually respond and whenever I let go of them, them still continue the action after a couple seconds. I've tried reinstalling the keyboard, which worked once but...
  4. Keyboard Input Delay Problems in Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard Input Delay Problems in Games: Hello,I have had keyboard input delay on my PC ever since I got it, about 2 years ago. It causes keyboard button presses to register late, or for longer than they are supposed to. This is especially noticeable while playing games but can happen anywhere as I have had a few...
  5. Keyboard Input Delay Problems in Games

Keyboard Input Delay Problems in Games: Hello,I have had keyboard input delay on my PC ever since I got it, about 2 years ago. It causes keyboard button presses to register late, or for longer than they are supposed to. This is especially noticeable while playing games but can happen anywhere as I have had a few...
  6. Input delay

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Input delay: Hi, I'm told this is quite normal when contacting Windows but just want to be sure. When I start or restart windows 11, I get a 1-2 second delay till I can use my keyboard on the lock screen, this is because its still reconising all my drivers. If I enable fast start the...
  7. Input delay

Input delay: Hi, I'm told this is quite normal when contacting Windows but just want to be sure. When I start or restart windows 11, I get a 1-2 second delay till I can use my keyboard on the lock screen, this is because its still reconising all my drivers. If I enable fast start the...
  8. Input delay

in Windows 10 Customization
    Input delay: Hi Im sorry i didnt find the minecraft section anyway i have been getting terrible input delay in minecraft windows 10 after the new update anyway i could fix this its ruining the game for me...
  9. Keyboard input delay

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard input delay: Hi, I am having a problem where when I move, in for example a video game or type on apps like Discord etc. My keyboard seems to register the keys I click 2 seconds or more after I press them. Sometimes I am not even holding any keys down, and my video game character seems...
  10. Irrational Keyboard Input Delay

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Irrational Keyboard Input Delay: I have a Lenovo Flex 5 1570 that runs Windows 10. I have a really odd issue with my keyboard, that's most noticeable when I play video games. It's not "active" all of the time, and I can't figure out any specific triggers or applications that start it. Sometimes it's worse,...