Windows 10: Irregular crashes since latest Windows 10 update

Discus and support Irregular crashes since latest Windows 10 update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Help, I actually repair and update other people's PCs and Laptops for a living, but this is doing my head in ! Ever since the latest Windows update,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by StellaMan, Jun 27, 2018.

1. StellaMan Win User

Irregular crashes since latest Windows 10 update

Help, I actually repair and update other people's PCs and Laptops for a living, but this is doing my head in !

Ever since the latest Windows update, 1803 I believe, I am having multiple problems with this PC. It crashes as a usual BSOD, completely unexpectedly and randomly, maybe after 3 days, maybe after 10 minutes ... it's not constantly doing it so I've left it a bit but now it's interfering with my work so I need to sort it out !

I've run diagnostic checks on my C drive (SSD) and that reports no problems, I've also run checks on my RAM and that returned no problems, though I did stop that after 5 of 15 passes as it had been running for 12 hours and I needed to file my tax returns !!!

I have no Windows Updates to install (apparently) and I have no Drivers to install (again apparently) thanks to IOBIT Driver Booster.

Event Viewer is throwing up a lot of errors but I am assuming (after Googling them) that a lot of them are irrelevant to me and unlikely to cause BSODs ... is this a Windows update problem or do I need to address something ? As I said, my head is frying ! The PC is not too old, 4 years, the Ram was doubled 2-3 years ago, the SSD was installed (at a guess) less than 18 months ago ... No checks with Ccleaner or Defraggler report any errors ...

I have run the tool that I am told to run and it says it has finished, but where is the report file for me to upload ?

:)

StellaMan, Jun 27, 2018
  2. heimdal Win User

Constant Crashing at irregular intervals

I have built a number of PC's and my latest PC crashes at irregular intervals. I have tested the memory and have a new power supply. This was occurring in Windows 7 and is still happening after upgrading to Windows 10.

It happens at irregular times and does seem to be heat based.

Windows 10 gives me a blue screen message about closing down and I have checked the event logs with out success. Any advice on how to track the issue would be greatly appreciated.

heimdal, Jun 27, 2018
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jun 27, 2018
  4. MrGenius Win User

Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Jun 27, 2018
Thema:

1. Irregular crashes since latest Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Irregular crashes since

2. Issues with searchapp crashing since latest update.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issues with searchapp crashing since latest update.: Hello. Since the latest update (for me was on 11/18/20) I’m getting this error for trying use windows search (the magnifying glass opens then closes and you can’t type anything to search) Faulting application name: SearchApp.exe, version: 10.0.19041.546, time stamp:...
  3. Windows Crashing since Update

Windows Crashing since Update: I bought a new PC about a month and a half ago and had no issues until this new update. My wife reported the OS crashing and the fans making a great deal of noise on October 16, so she shut it off an waited for me to get home. I couldn’t get the computer to move past a black...
  4. Microphone issues since latest windows update.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone issues since latest windows update.: Ever since the latest windows update when activated my microphone just outputs a bunch of static when ever it receives any sound. Microphone was tested with other devices and worked perfectly fine and worked perfectly fine pre update. Updating driver proved fruitless....
  5. Ghost Files Since Latest Windows Update

Ghost Files Since Latest Windows Update: Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.264). Ever since this update I notice I have random file remnants on my desktop. I usually gave no files on my desktop and put some on there temporarily before deleting them. I've noticed some of them remain there and when I try to delete them...
  6. Can't print since latest Windows 10 Update

Can't print since latest Windows 10 Update: When I try to print I'm forced to a login screen for something called One Note. I have no idea what this is. I even logged in then got dumped to what looks like a window where I can write things. This happens no matter what program I want to print from....
  7. Cannot print since latest Windows 10 update

Cannot print since latest Windows 10 update: Hi there, One of our users can no longer print since her laptop got the most recent Windows 10 updates (her laptop is up-to-date as of this morning). One of three things happens when she tries to print: -- The application shows all the installed printers in the...
  8. Since latest Windows 10 update computerwill not open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Since latest Windows 10 update computerwill not open: Following latest Windows 10 update on Dell Laptop following Sign in the following message is received -System 32 Config system profile Desktop is unavailable - this keeps repeating and computer does not respond to anything other than to shut down....
  9. No Mouse or Keyboard functionality since latest Windows 10 Update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No Mouse or Keyboard functionality since latest Windows 10 Update.: I have an Acer all in one 23" Desktop computer. After latest Windows 10 Update the Computer loads to Start Screen but the Bluetooth Mouse and Keyboard are not seen(recognized) so when I click/move Mouse as I normally would the Pop-up Sign in box does not appear. There is no...
  10. Constant Crashing at irregular intervals

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Constant Crashing at irregular intervals: I have built a number of PC's and my latest PC crashes at irregular intervals. I have tested the memory and have a new power supply. This was occurring in Windows 7 and is still happening after upgrading to Windows 10. It happens at irregular times and does seem to be heat...