Windows 10: Irregular display

Discus and support Irregular display in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My laptop is not displaying correctly. When you boot the laptop, you hardly can see the programs on the window. I clicked device manager it gives me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Sylvester Asuenimen, Aug 13, 2018.

1. Irregular display

My laptop is not displaying correctly. When you boot the laptop, you hardly can see the programs on the window. I clicked device manager it gives me the installed display adapter as mobile intel (R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family- Microsoft corporation WDDM1.1. I then checked update online and I was told thus; THIS OPERATING SYSTEM IS NOT SUPPORTED, SORRY NO SOFTWARE UPDATES ARE AVAILABLE...... THE PRODUCT IS DISCONTINUED. What do I do next to be able to use my laptop again.

Thank you.

:)

Sylvester Asuenimen, Aug 13, 2018

2. Display driver not supporting and device manager not showing Display adapter option

Hi Maheen,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect settings.
    • Corrupt or outdated display driver.
    Try the steps listed here and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to download and install all the available Windows Updates including Optional Updates. Check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, i suggest you to uninstall and re-install latest display driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall display driver.

• Right-click on the Start Button and click on
      Device manager.
    • Double-click on Display Adapters to expand.
    • Right-click on the display adapter driver that is listed and select properties.
    • In the window opened, click on drivers tab.
    • In the drivers tab, Click on Uninstall option.
    Now restart your computer and check, if the problem persists try step 2.

Step 2:

Re-install display driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Aug 13, 2018
  3. alone Win User
    Display langage reverted back

I followed the suggested actions: everything OK from step 1. and I attach as requested the output for step 2.

Irregular display [​IMG]

for convenience I attach the google translation

Irregular display [​IMG]

I'm ready to act following suggestions (if any) before...going through the restore (please don't misunderstand, I'm not looking forward doing it).

I appreciate in any case your help

alone, Aug 13, 2018
  4. damtachoa Win User

Irregular display

4870x2 won't display at 1680x1050 at all!

OK. Now I know what ur problem is. Step by step:
    1. Go to Catalyst Control Center
    2. Click on the word "Graphic" right on top left corner. It will display drop down menu
    3. Click on Display monitor and will see the list of monitor at near bottom
    4. Right Click the monitor and select "Configure". It will show up the window
    5. There will be 3 option to select. Select the middle one and then click on the tab which show the bar with 15%.
    6. Drag the bar to max, and the screen will stretch to the native resolution 1680x1050.
    7. Also click the tab with showing RGB drop down list and select the last one (it will change to image quality for pc).
    That's it. Good Luck.

damtachoa, Aug 13, 2018
Thema:

Irregular display

1. Irregular display - Similar Threads - Irregular display

2. I get BSOD while in irregular time intervalls

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I get BSOD while in irregular time intervalls: Hello since a couple of weeks i get random BSOD up to the point that i RMAed my RAM and Mainboard already since the error dumps seemed to be related to the board and the access to memora IRQ_LESS_OR_EQUAL Error f.e. and the windows RAM diagnosis check came back positive for...
  3. I get BSOD while in irregular time intervalls

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I get BSOD while in irregular time intervalls: Hello since a couple of weeks i get random BSOD up to the point that i RMAed my RAM and Mainboard already since the error dumps seemed to be related to the board and the access to memora IRQ_LESS_OR_EQUAL Error f.e. and the windows RAM diagnosis check came back positive for...
  4. I'm having a problem with the irregular behaviour of the cursor on my laptop while charging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm having a problem with the irregular behaviour of the cursor on my laptop while charging: My laptop's cursor acts weird when its charging and external mouse doesn't work. it works totally fine when my laptop isn't plugged in. Drivers are updated as well.I usually use my laptop on a cooling pad, Should the trackpad be used while the laptop is on a flat surface? my...
  5. I'm having a problem with the irregular behaviour of the cursor on my laptop while charging

I'm having a problem with the irregular behaviour of the cursor on my laptop while charging: My laptop's cursor acts weird when its charging and external mouse doesn't work. it works totally fine when my laptop isn't plugged in. Drivers are updated as well.I usually use my laptop on a cooling pad, Should the trackpad be used while the laptop is on a flat surface? my...
  6. Pc stuttering irregularly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc stuttering irregularly: Hi guys in september 2022 i bought a new pc with these specs:I7 12700K32GB RAM 3200mhznvidia geforce 3070 1tb ssd nvmecorsair rm750 psuand since day 1 i'm having a problem with the pc, it casually start stuttering for like milliseconds and sometimes all the usbs get...
  7. Pc stuttering irregularly

Pc stuttering irregularly: Hi guys in september 2022 i bought a new pc with these specs:I7 12700K32GB RAM 3200mhznvidia geforce 3070 1tb ssd nvmecorsair rm750 psuand since day 1 i'm having a problem with the pc, it casually start stuttering for like milliseconds and sometimes all the usbs get...
  8. Please help troubleshoot my Windows 11 PC - frequent, irregular crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please help troubleshoot my Windows 11 PC - frequent, irregular crashes: Hi all,I've had a recurring issue with my Windows 11 PC when running certain apps. All of a sudden, the screens will go black, and after anywhere from 1-3 minutes, the PC will restart. It is very irregular, but some programs cause it more frequently than others. Frequent...
  9. Please help troubleshoot my Windows 11 PC - frequent, irregular crashes

Please help troubleshoot my Windows 11 PC - frequent, irregular crashes: Hi all,I've had a recurring issue with my Windows 11 PC when running certain apps. All of a sudden, the screens will go black, and after anywhere from 1-3 minutes, the PC will restart. It is very irregular, but some programs cause it more frequently than others. Frequent...
  10. Really irregular Temps and Usage.

Really irregular Temps and Usage.: Ok I'll cut it short it's been acting strange lately mostly with the CPU if I'm just watching YouTube or browsing the internet, suddenly my CPU usage spikes up and my AIO fans start ramping up which can get annoying at times, But for some stupid reason after I open task...