Windows 10: Irritating Issue with Airplane Mode

Discus and support Irritating Issue with Airplane Mode in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; A while back, our internet went down for a few days. We had to buy a wifi router and I connected wifi through a USB stick to my desktop. When the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JJinaus, Jun 20, 2017.

1. JJinaus Win User

Irritating Issue with Airplane Mode

A while back, our internet went down for a few days. We had to buy a wifi router and I connected wifi through a USB stick to my desktop. When the internet came back, I disconnected the wifi and reverted to LAN.

Now the airplane icon is stuck there even though there is no wifi attached, the only internet connection in the Network and Connections screen is the LAN connection, so there is no way I can get rid of it. When I windows A, there is no option for wifi or disabling airplane mode.

Can anyone please make any suggestions?

:)

JJinaus, Jun 20, 2017

2. airplane mode - Windows 10

I have an Acer X3900 desktop. Just upgraded to 10 from 8.1

I have internet access but airplane mode in settings shows as ON. Won't turn off.

Not a problem - just an irritation

MichaelGoslingUK, Jun 20, 2017
  3. Sumit Dhiman2, Jun 20, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

Remove the devices and drivers from device manager.

bro67, Jun 20, 2017
  5. JJinaus Win User
    Thanks for the suggestion, I just looked in device manager. There is nothing in the Network adaptors or USB controllers that suggests a wifi device.

JJinaus, Jun 20, 2017
  6. Eagle51 Win User
    Did you check for Hidden Devices in Device Manager (View / Show Hidden Devices)

Eagle51, Jun 20, 2017
  7. bro67 Win User
    There is also a fix in tutorials regarding the ongoing issue with Airplane mode that Microsoft still does not fix. You may also address the Insider program even if you are not in it. That may help to bump that fix out of Hotfix status or having to use a tutorial that not many know is out there, unless they happen to find this website.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Irritating Issue with Airplane Mode - Similar Threads - Irritating Issue Airplane

2. AIRPLANE MODE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AIRPLANE MODE: Hi I am having problems with the airplane mode, I am unable to turn it on, I tried also as administrator but is still turn it off and I cant enable it. Any suggestions?As administrator I tried with this command: reg add...
  3. airplane mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    airplane mode: my laptop dell e 5500 stuck in airplane modegreyed out.wifi and bluetooth also not working? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/airplane-mode/8279347e-ccc8-4b4f-92f8-12655238ce1b
  4. Airplane Mode

Airplane Mode: my airplane mode will not cut off...greyed ot. i cant use wifi......help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/airplane-mode/b6430fc4-e859-4b5d-b3df-2723d59384be
  5. Airplane Mode

Airplane Mode: Hi, I am not able to turn off Airplane Mode for my laptop Lenovo Yoga 520. Can someone help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/airplane-mode/4c349a97-f2dc-4484-96a8-4efbc542ada1
  6. Airplane mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Airplane mode: *Banghead Please help, my laptop is stuck in airplane mode and cannot move it to connect to the web i do not know how it happened but i cannot do anything i have tried all the fixes in you tube and the net but nothing is working , the radio buttons are greyed out nothing...
  7. airplane mode

airplane mode: airplane mode keeps turning on randomly shutting off my network connection, even when I shut it off. How do I get rid of airplane mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/airplane-mode/674d8079-485a-4ed2-87a4-d304a593745b
  8. Airplane mode

Airplane mode: My airplane mode is stuck and it always stays on i cant switch it off even in settings or using Fn and prt screen. what d i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/airplane-mode/21bcb088-4237-4403-8799-d35389976b1c
  9. Airplane Mode & Wifi & Location issue

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Airplane Mode & Wifi & Location issue: Greetings, After updating two recently purchased Asus laptops and doing the fall update -- 1. Both bootup with Airplane Mode on... half-compromising wifi. This means you can surf but maybe mail won't work properly. 2. With location services OFF -- the location...
  10. Airplane Mode Issue

Airplane Mode Issue: my airplane will not turn off and my Wi-Fi will not turn in Settings Windows 10 36979