Windows 10: IRST driver for Lenovo HM76 Windows 10

Discus and support IRST driver for Lenovo HM76 Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello I am running a Lenovo Y580 with HM76 MOBO. I just did a clean install of WIN 10 Home and can't seem to figure out which IRST driver to install.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mgriffen, Aug 3, 2015.

1. mgriffen Win User

IRST driver for Lenovo HM76 Windows 10

Hello I am running a Lenovo Y580 with HM76 MOBO. I just did a clean install of WIN 10 Home and can't seem to figure out which IRST driver to install. Or the proper way to install it... I downloaded the 1 driver Intel has for WIN 10 on there download page but that did not work for me.

Help is always appreciated.
    Thank you.

:)

mgriffen, Aug 3, 2015

2. Windows 10 and Intel Rapid Storage Technology/Hibernation

Hi comunity:

My computer is a lenovo z40-70 with windows 10 x64, 8gb RAM, an SSD for boot and a HDD for files, and following the instalation of utilities and drivers for my computer from the Lenovo download page, I've installed the "intel RST driver" (compatible with
    windows 10 x64).

I'm on a fresh instalation of windows 10 Home x64 bits, on AHCI Bios mode.

All work normal, the computer restart in 6 seconds, boots in 4 with IRST and the SSD, but I can't hibernate. When I do, the pc shuts down as normal and when i want to restore the hibernated session, it fails and get stuck in the loading spinning wheel.

I've tested lots of drivers for the SATA AHCI SSD, the generic windows one, and the one that comes with IRST. The problem is that the driver for the SATA AHCI Intel 8 Series SATA AHCI Controller 9c03 from the IRST doesn't let me hibernate, and the driver
    from windows let me hibernate, but doesnt use RST.

the problem is that with the generic driver, rebooting from my SSD takes me 2 and a half minutes, but when I use the RST driver, it just do it in 6 aprox, but I cant hibernate it.

Help, I need to use RST and be able to hibernate the computer.

Iván E.Vega, Aug 3, 2015
  3. Help 100% disk usage

Its possible the IRST Driver is the likely culprit. IRST, which stands for Intel Rapid Storage Technology, is a storage driver developed by Intel for use with a variety of storage configurations; such as RAID (redundant array of inexpensive disks) and
    SATA drives. Modern operating systems such as Windows 10 no longer require IRST driver and can manage such configurations out of the box.

AHCI which stands for Advance Host Controller Interface has been supported out of the box since Windows Vista. If you happen to have Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver installed, you can uninstall it to see if it improves stability. If there is a specific
    reason you need to keep IRST, then you can try updating it using either the Intel Driver Update Utility or download the latest IRST driver manually and install it. You should check the manufacturers website for your computer model for the latest IRST.

How to uninstall IRST:

Press Windows key + X

Click Apps & Features

Scroll down then select Intel Rapid Storage Technology, right click it then click uninstall.

With Windows 10 providing built in support for AHCI, there is no need to install or keep IRST. So, if you happen to be experiencing freezes on the Windows 10 , this is the first place to check.

Andre Da Costa, Aug 3, 2015
Thema:

IRST driver for Lenovo HM76 Windows 10

1. IRST driver for Lenovo HM76 Windows 10 - Similar Threads - IRST driver Lenovo

2. Regarding IRST AND WINDOWS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Regarding IRST AND WINDOWS: I just enabled IRST and set my both the drives in RAIDbut i was not able to acess the software for my ssd SMASUNG MAGICIANfor Samsung 980 pro i turned it off and windows gave me bsod Boot drive not available not eactly but somewhat like thisso is there way to turn it off...
  3. Regarding IRST AND WINDOWS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Regarding IRST AND WINDOWS: I just enabled IRST and set my both the drives in RAIDbut i was not able to acess the software for my ssd SMASUNG MAGICIANfor Samsung 980 pro i turned it off and windows gave me bsod Boot drive not available not eactly but somewhat like thisso is there way to turn it off...
  4. IRST driver problem reinstalling win10 from USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IRST driver problem reinstalling win10 from USB: My laptop has a windows license written on the motherboard. I had switched to linux and now I'm switching back to Win10. When I boot from the win10 USB https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10ISO, it tells me I'm missing a driver. Previously I switched back...
  5. IRST driver problem reinstalling win10 from USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    IRST driver problem reinstalling win10 from USB: My laptop has a windows license written on the motherboard. I had switched to linux and now I'm switching back to Win10. When I boot from the win10 USB https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10ISO, it tells me I'm missing a driver. Previously I switched back...
  6. IRST driver problem reinstalling win10 from USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Intel IRST Drivers - Outdated? Windows update installed the wrong version?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel IRST Drivers - Outdated? Windows update installed the wrong version?: Hello! My computer is giving the famous blue screen of death, but not always, only when it is on suspension mode. Rare event - happens every 7-10 days or so... So in a hope to fix this problem, I'm trying to update all my drivers. I'm having some trouble with the IRST...
  8. Intel Rapid Storage Technology (IRST) drivers for Windows 10 Install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Intel Rapid Storage Technology (IRST) drivers for Windows 10 Install: It's been a little while but if I don't find a resolution for an Unknown Device error that is affecting a laptop, I may resort to a clean install. I know that if my BIOS is set to RAID, when I go to do a clean install of Windows, it will prompt me for RAID drivers during...
  9. IRST with new SSD

IRST with new SSD: I am getting ready to install a new SSD in my Dell XPS SE 8700. The current configuration of the OS drive is a 1TB. spinner with a 32 GB MSATA cache drive which is managed with Intel Rapid Store Technology, (IRST) I will be using Paragon "Migrate OS to SSD" to put my OS...
  10. Locating IRST Drivers

Locating IRST Drivers: Has anyone found IRST drivers that work in Windows 10? I attempted to install 14.5.0.1081 WHQL and 14.0.0.1143 WHQL but it said, "This platform is not supported." Recommendations? 9283

Users found this page by searching for:

1. irst driver lenovo

2. irst driver from lenovo