Windows 10: Is 10 clean install with ISO just like a clean 7 install with ISO.

Discus and support Is 10 clean install with ISO just like a clean 7 install with ISO. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I already upgraded to 10 but would like to do a clean install , it successfully activated . Thank you 16092 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by fredc, Aug 13, 2015.

1. fredc Win User

Is 10 clean install with ISO just like a clean 7 install with ISO.

I already upgraded to 10 but would like to do a clean install , it successfully activated .

Thank you

:)

fredc, Aug 13, 2015

2. Clean install with ISO.

Even I had the same issue and its not accepting the Windows 8 genuine Product Key for activation.

I am stuck Is 10 clean install with ISO just like a clean 7 install with ISO. :(

Please help me fix the issue

VishantKapoor, Aug 13, 2015
  3. Crad54 Win User
    Clean install with ISO.

I am an Insider with build 10244 installed. I have downloaded and burned an ISO to DVD. My question- Can I now do a CLEAN install of Windows 10 or must I first install the "upgrade" and then do a clean install so Windows will recognize a valid Windows
    10 key?

Crad54, Aug 13, 2015
  4. fredc Win User

Thank you Sir.

fredc, Aug 13, 2015
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    Oops... one difference though...."skip" or "do this later" when it asks for a product key!

NavyLCDR, Aug 13, 2015
  6. I had a clean install on a machine separate from where the first upgrade took place that wouldn't activate on it's own set up in a dual boot with the previous version. Once I upgraded the previous and saw that was activated instantly when skipping past the enter product key screen I rebooted into the clean install and found that was activated as soon as I booted into it! One news reported stated that after the initial surges the activation servers were no longer loaded up and activation should be instantansous for you there once you arrive at the desktop and look in the "Start>Settings>Update & security>Activation" section.

Night Hawk, Aug 13, 2015
  7. NavyLCDR New Member
    Just finished a clean install on my laptop that activated instantly.

NavyLCDR, Aug 13, 2015
  8. fredc Win User

I scanned through "Brinks" tutorial and i checked whether my machine was permanently activated by his "command prompt" script , luckily it was or what a big waste of time that would have been .

Still attempting to download the ISO without corruption now.

fredc, Aug 13, 2015
  9. First you would have had to have seen an upgrade over the pre-existing OEM version however! Once that upgrade was activated the activation servers kept a record of your laptop. Here I went from one machine to another only to confirm that after the first activation you can't simply run around installing 10 on various machines and expect them to activate as well. That falls into volume licensing there.

The clean install on the second machine did activate however when deciding to upgrade over the first of two primary partition's 7 install there which then saw that machine activated and when rebooting into the first clean install found that too had suddenly activated since MS now has a hardware record of the second machine as well as the first! *Biggrin

I initially downloaded the combo Pro 32/64bit iso image I saved to a storage I later found I had to unplug! to be followed by the separate 32bit and 64bit ISOs for the Pro edition as well. That's in case I run into an older 32bit 7 machine. I also downloaded the two flavors of the Home as well as since I may have to tend to a few 8 laptops as well as a 3rd 7 Home Premium desktop I put together. From there used UtraISO to see the usb installation keys made up with the combo going onto a 16gb not a 4gb or 8gb flash drive! Didn't have an 8gb handy at the time and now have to plan those for Recovery Drives! which is also something to consider.

Those will not work on a 4gb flash drive however and I ended up seeing two 16gb made up before getting some new 8gb. One of the 16gb drives however is USB 3.0 and you know what it still takes the same amount of time as the equivalent 2.0 flash drive to arrive at the recovery tools! They have these mini plug type 8gb drives you can almost put on a key chain to have with you!

And Brink's as well as the other guides you should look over as you go along are generally well written! It was when I looked over the clean install I found out why the initial upgrade attempts were failing! I had left two storage drives plugged that weren't a problem for 7 or the 8 Customer Preview but for 10? saw temp install folders and boot files end up on the wrong drive(s)!

Night Hawk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Is 10 clean install with ISO just like a clean 7 install with ISO. - Similar Threads - clean install ISO

2. Clean Install with ISO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clean Install with ISO: A quick question. When I download the ISO File to clean install Windows 11, do I just mount it on the C: drive, which drive will be wiped clean and the fresh install of Windows 11 installed?I see some vides suggesting to create a partition but if I do not have to, then I will...
  3. Clean Install with ISO

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clean Install with ISO: A quick question. When I download the ISO File to clean install Windows 11, do I just mount it on the C: drive, which drive will be wiped clean and the fresh install of Windows 11 installed?I see some vides suggesting to create a partition but if I do not have to, then I will...
  4. clean install 2004 iso and update 20h2 current

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    clean install 2004 iso and update 20h2 current: I have 2004 iso. I want to clean install it and update it to 20H2 current edition. As I am in metered connection, I would like to know what will be the size of download for installation and update. 174037
  5. Clean install on HP Probook - Which ISO?

Clean install on HP Probook - Which ISO?: Hi @ all and big ups for the forum. I have a HP Probook 450 G7 notebook which definetely needs a clean install, although it is currently running latest version 20H2. I have checked with the HP cloud recovery service, the provided "recovery' media is just an bootable .ISO...
  6. Windows 10 UPG iso - clean install

Windows 10 UPG iso - clean install: Where download from ? Any link ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-upg-iso-clean-install/d66b0366-0302-4d95-9c96-e83d4246da73
  7. clean installation window 10 by iso file

clean installation window 10 by iso file: steps for clean installation by iso file of windows 10 home single https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/clean-installation-window-10-by-iso-file/cadf2f20-bffa-43e1-8b44-b231a7a8070f
  8. Is it possible to use an old ISO to clean install Windows 10?

Is it possible to use an old ISO to clean install Windows 10?: Lets say that instead of downloading the latest 1803 ISO someone wanted to use a previously downloaded old Windows 10 ISO..1609, 1703 etc to clean install Windows 10. Would it successfully install you right up to date to version 1803. Or are you not supposed to do that. Could...
  9. Can a clean install USB be made without an ISO?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Can a clean install USB be made without an ISO?: Two days ago, without any previous problems, I suddenly found myself basically locked out of my laptop. (I'm leaving out further explanation, because it's probably not relevant to my question.) I called tech support. They said it sounded like something had gone wrong...
  10. Reverting to 1607 with clean iso install

Reverting to 1607 with clean iso install: .Since creators update is buggy mess atm and I am done dealing with it, I am planing to clean install 1607 tommorow but I I am not sure if it won't get updated to Creators in process: You know, when you boot and saying checkin for updates? Also, if I manage to install it,...