Windows 10: Is 2 Monitors with a slideshow using the same synced images possible?

Discus and support Is 2 Monitors with a slideshow using the same synced images possible? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I recently upgraded from W7 to W10 and overall am pretty happy. I have a twin monitor setup and as a professional photographer use a selection of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Chrisinhouston, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Is 2 Monitors with a slideshow using the same synced images possible?

I recently upgraded from W7 to W10 and overall am pretty happy. I have a twin monitor setup and as a professional photographer use a selection of my portfolio images as my screen background shots. With W7 I had the images change but they were the same image on both monitors. This was especially helpful as I could easily see that my monitors were calibrated the same.

It seems that with W10 you can choose images and do a slide show but for the life of me I can't see a way to sync the monitors to show the same image on both at the same time. I seem to have 2 slide shows going at once which I personally find visually distracting. My apologies if I am missing some simple setting.

I saw on one forum someone suggested a program called John’s Background Switcher (or JBS for short) but I was hoping not to add yet another program.

:)

Chrisinhouston, Aug 18, 2015
  2. hogu100 Win User

Windows 10 dual monitor setting different wallpaper for different monitor not working...

I am using AMD HD7970 with latest driver/

and using 2 monitors with identical model/

So I wanted these two monitors to have different wallpapers (mostly with slideshow)

and I couldn't find the solution online.

And I thought having same monitor might have affected this so I tried changing 2nd display name

and Now I see this. (I only saw 'set for all monitors' option before)

Is 2 Monitors with a slideshow using the same synced images possible? [​IMG]

I know I should see options 'set for monitor 1' but it is missing.

and all 3 options acts the same.(same wallpaper on the 2 monitors)

Also the slideshow shows same wallpaper on them.

hogu100, Aug 18, 2015
  3. Windows 10 - Dual Monitors Won't Duplicate Themed Background

Are you using a slideshow? Slideshow only duplicates the same image across both monitors if you're using Span or Tiled mode. Otherwise they thought it'd be cooler to show different images.

You can just set your wallpaper to one single image instead of a slideshow if you want to do this.

zachd [MSFT], Aug 18, 2015
Thema:

Is 2 Monitors with a slideshow using the same synced images possible?

1. Is 2 Monitors with a slideshow using the same synced images possible? - Similar Threads - Monitors slideshow using

2. 2 users use same PC in different monitors at the same time.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 users use same PC in different monitors at the same time.: Hello Microsoft Community members and users,I want to ask if there is a way to use the same PC for different users and different monitors so that user A use the PC in monitor 1 and user B use the same PC at the same time but in monitor 2? I tried to explain it in Graph 1. If...
  3. 2 users use same PC in different monitors at the same time.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2 users use same PC in different monitors at the same time.: Hello Microsoft Community members and users,I want to ask if there is a way to use the same PC for different users and different monitors so that user A use the PC in monitor 1 and user B use the same PC at the same time but in monitor 2? I tried to explain it in Graph 1. If...
  4. Background Slideshow 2 Monitors help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Background Slideshow 2 Monitors help!: Hello and thank you for taking the time to read my post and help me. I am using windows 10 and I have 2 monitors. I know how to set a static picture to each monitor that is either the same or different pics -- that is no issue. My problem is when I am using desktop...
  5. Lock screen slideshow always defaults to the same Microsoft image

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock screen slideshow always defaults to the same Microsoft image: On my computer locksreen, the same default image that came with the computer always displays first. It quickly moves on to the other images I have in the wallpaper slideshow folder I created, but this default image is basically always displayed first and on the password...
  6. Sync desktop background between 2 monitors using slideshow

Sync desktop background between 2 monitors using slideshow: Hey, I'm wondering if there is a way to make the desktop backgrounds sync when using dual monitors, I want to have both the background and colour theme automatically changed with my slideshow basically but I can't seem to find a option for that in my settings. Attached is my...
  7. Wanted to connect 2 monitors to Laptop and use it at the same time.

Wanted to connect 2 monitors to Laptop and use it at the same time.: I want to connect two monitors to my laptop and use it at a time. I have connected one monitor via VGA port and another via HDMI port. but I am not able to use both of the monitor at same time. either I am able to use VGA port monitor or HDMI port. not able to solve this...
  8. Setting up same slideshow backgrounds on dual monitors, but without same image on each monitors

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Setting up same slideshow backgrounds on dual monitors, but without same image on each monitors: Hi all. I'm currently trying to set up both of my monitors to use a slideshow background. I have a folder with 16 images set up, however when I set the preferences to change every minute, I've found that the images are split between each monitor i.e. each monitor has 8...
  9. slideshow background no longer different on 2 monitors

slideshow background no longer different on 2 monitors: Hello For years I've run the background slideshow feature Personalisation: Background with different photos on each of my 2 monitors by default. Since the most recent update Windows 10 bult 19041 the same photo is now on both monitors. Can't see how to change this in the...
  10. Resolution using multiple monitors (ie 2 ) for an extended image.

in Windows 10 Support
    Resolution using multiple monitors (ie 2 ) for an extended image.: Hi, I have attached 2 monitors to my laptop so I can extend the image. The two added monitors are identical model HP 24 inch. They work really well except that one screen image (which is attached through the USB inlet using an adapter) is a little more compressed than the...