Windows 10: Is AHCI enabled?

Discus and support Is AHCI enabled? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello. I got my hp Z800 a Samsung 850 evo ssd 250gb installed. I also got the Samsung magician software (Current version). It's says that AHCI is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Uttiya Dutta, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Is AHCI enabled?

Hello.
    I got my hp Z800 a Samsung 850 evo ssd 250gb installed. I also got the Samsung magician software (Current version). It's says that AHCI is not enabled, but when I go to the bios it shows that AHCI is enabled. I attached some pictures for you.
    Windows Problems – Google Drive
    Thanks in advance,
    Shumitra

Is AHCI enabled? [​IMG]

Is AHCI enabled? [​IMG]

Is AHCI enabled? [​IMG]

:)

Uttiya Dutta, Apr 11, 2016
  2. Dennis117 Win User

AHCI

There are no driver or bios up dates as of late, so there has not been any improvements If there is no solution I guess I will resort to a reinstall or I should say new Install

Dennis117, Apr 11, 2016
  3. AHCI

Hi Dennis,

Let's use the answer of Kate Li from this

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Darian Tab, Apr 11, 2016
  4. dwarfer66 Win User

Is AHCI enabled?

Mine does exactly the same.

dwarfer66, Apr 11, 2016
  5. CountMike New Member
    What are the other options for SATA Emulation in BIOS ?
    It's also important to check for TRIM command if it's enabled.
    You can open the Admin Command prompt and type:
    fsutil behavior query DisableDeleteNotify

DisableDeleteNotify = 0 : TRIM is already enabled and working in Windows
    DisableDeleteNotify = 1 : TRIM is not enabled

CountMike, Apr 11, 2016
  6. dwarfer66 Win User
    Mine say "0", it just annoys me the Samsung magician says AHCI is not active.

dwarfer66, Apr 11, 2016
  7. CountMike New Member
    See if you can find AHCI drivers.

CountMike, Apr 11, 2016
  8. msny Win User

Is AHCI enabled?

I have the 500gb Samsung version and mine says enabled.
    I would go by what the BIOS reports.

If its really important to you, then I would look at 2 things.
    First, see if there is a BIOS upgrade available for your MB.
    Second look for a firmware upgrade for the drive itself, its on one of the Magician tabs.

I use this rule if it ain't broke don't fix it.

msny, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Is AHCI enabled?

1. Is AHCI enabled? - Similar Threads - AHCI enabled

2. How to reinstall windows 10 and have AHCI mode enabled with it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reinstall windows 10 and have AHCI mode enabled with it?: Hi everyone. I have been trying to install Linux which requires AHCI mode so that I can use both Windows and Linux in my system. I looked up on internet but none of the solutions worked. I changed my driver from Device Manager and rebooted my device, after which I saw endless...
  3. How to reinstall windows 10 and have AHCI mode enabled with it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to reinstall windows 10 and have AHCI mode enabled with it?: Hi everyone. I have been trying to install Linux which requires AHCI mode so that I can use both Windows and Linux in my system. I looked up on internet but none of the solutions worked. I changed my driver from Device Manager and rebooted my device, after which I saw endless...
  4. How to reinstall windows 10 and have AHCI mode enabled with it?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Installing Windows 10 on AHCI enabled SSD directly

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing Windows 10 on AHCI enabled SSD directly: Hi Microsoft Community. I'm having a hard time as to why I cannot install my Windows 10 directly when i have enabled AHCI on my BIOS. Is there anyway we can get through or around that? I've seen some posts regarding that issue but the fact that it goes through coding on...
  6. How to enable AHCI in Windows 10 after Installation

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable AHCI in Windows 10 after Installation: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Current MOBOs (motherboards) will have AHCI enabled in UEFI or BIOS by default. Some older motherboards may have IDE enabled by default instead. If you want to install Windows using AHCI instead of IDE, then you’ll need to have AHCI [...] This post How to...
  7. Cannot enable AHCI mode AFTER Windows 10 installation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot enable AHCI mode AFTER Windows 10 installation: I am running Windows 10, trying to get my SSD switched to AHCI from IDE after I have already installed windows on it. I currently have it connected to SATA port 6. I have several other regular hard drives on SATA0-4. [img] Picture of my BIOS options and motherboard info...
  8. Windows 10 refusing to work with AHCI mode Enabled on Samsung SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 refusing to work with AHCI mode Enabled on Samsung SSD: So I have windows 7 working with AHCI support, Samsung telling me T.R.I.M is enabled. I use that as my control. I want to dual boot. SSD is set, so I install windows 10 on a separate HDD and the only way to do that is to put the bios on IDE mode because im installing windows...
  9. Reboots much slower after enabling AHCI

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Reboots much slower after enabling AHCI: Hi. For some reason after enabling AHCI in my BIOS reboots are wayyyy slower than they used to be on IDE. On the windows loading screen before the login screen, It sits there and loads for almost a minute now. Before it used to be 20 seconds max. When doing a full shut down...
  10. Enable AHCI in Windows 8 and Windows 10 after Installation

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable AHCI in Windows 8 and Windows 10 after Installation: How to: Enable AHCI in Windows 8 and Windows 10 after Installation How to Enable AHCI in Windows 8 and Windows 10 after Installation AHCI (Advanced Host Controller Interface) makes NCQ (Native Command Queuing) along with hot-plugging or hot swapping through SATA...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is achi active

2. windows 10 is ahci enabled

3. samsung magician does not report ahci enabled