Windows 10: Is an unattended upgrade possible?

Discus and support Is an unattended upgrade possible? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, We've got hundreds of computers running Win 7 Pro that we'd like to upgrade to Windows 10. Is there a way of running the setup with an answer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jnik, Sep 20, 2015.

1. jnik Win User

Is an unattended upgrade possible?

Hi,

We've got hundreds of computers running Win 7 Pro that we'd like to upgrade to Windows 10.

Is there a way of running the setup with an answer file?

Anywhere I can get example answer files from?

I don't really care what the settings are as we'll be doing a clean install immediately after the upgrade.

TIA
    Julian.

PS I have searched this forum and others (have found plenty of details relating to installs, but not upgrades) ... references to related posts would be appreciated.

:)

2. Windows 10 will not completely upgrade

Just when I get to 40% upgraded and I get an error about unattend server. What does that mean.

The_Purple_Rose, Sep 20, 2015
  3. Admin$ not accessable by Hostname after Windows 1703 Feature Update

Hi,

we have the same Problem. Our Machines are in Domain and fresh installed to 1703 via unattended, without an upgrade from 1607 to 1703.

SteffenKleespies, Sep 20, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

Ztruker, Sep 21, 2015
Thema:

1. Is an unattended upgrade possible? - Similar Threads - unattended upgrade possible

2. OOBE Unattended install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    OOBE Unattended install: I am trying to be able to quickly provision machines with windows pre-installed. I created the below answer file and named it unattend.xml. I put this on the root of a blank flash drive and booted, it did not grab the file. Did i miss something? <?xml version="1.0"...
  3. Win7 to Win10 Upgrade, using Unattended/Script Method

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win7 to Win10 Upgrade, using Unattended/Script Method: Hi All, Looking to push out Win10 upgrades to 50+ machines (remotely using PDQ, or Ghost Solutions Suite) so an XML or script would help, I'm just simply trying to find out what is the best way to do this ? I have been using the Mediacreationtool APP, from Microsoft, for...
  4. Unattended install question

Unattended install question: Unattended install of custom install.wim working well except for a few things. In unattend.xml, I have <HideWirelessSetupInOOBE>true</HideWirelessSetupInOOBE> but I was still asked to connect to Wireless. I was also asked to choose Privacy settings for my device. Is there an...
  5. Possible to upgrade clean install

Possible to upgrade clean install: I have several dell computers with Windows 7 Pro on them and need to upgrade them to 10 before support for 7 falls off in January. Is it possible to do a clean fresh install using my original windows 7 Pro key code or must i do a upgrade which i rather not do? 131433
  6. Need Help - Upgrading Windows 10 1709 to 1809 SILENTLY/UNATTENDED

Need Help - Upgrading Windows 10 1709 to 1809 SILENTLY/UNATTENDED: Hey all, I work for an organization that has deployed Windows 10 (version 1709) across multiple locations and I am tasked with updating those machines to the later version 1809. We use a WSUS for our windows updates and I have deployed the update to 1809 to a test...
  7. unattended access history

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    unattended access history: I saw a blue icon with a cross in it and it says when opened Technical support unattended access history. does this mean someone hacked into my PC and has access?...
  8. Unattend File

Unattend File: Hi, I'm using WDS with Unattend File to deploy Win 10 to my VMs. It works fine, but the problem is, after the installation, the VM restarts and then boots from PXE again. (Basically, it's an infinite loop of Win 10 Installation because of the restart). What options do I have...
  9. is it possible to upgrade Ram

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    is it possible to upgrade Ram: This is a Genuine Question. is it at all possible to change the Ram on a mobile device for the better, say from 512mb to 1GB, 31933
  10. office 2016 unattend

in Microsoft Office and 365
    office 2016 unattend: Guys, I need to create an unattend file for office 2016. I dont want others too see the lcience key.I tried using Microsoft Office Customization Tool but somehow i dont know how to get the msp file running. Anyone with some advice? Thanks. 94128