Windows 10: Is anyone getting an expiration date?

Discus and support Is anyone getting an expiration date? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Basically, I did a clean install of the Technical Preview months ago and eventually upgraded to 10240. I'm not seeing any expiration date of any kind... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Omega, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Omega Win User

Is anyone getting an expiration date?

Basically, I did a clean install of the Technical Preview months ago and eventually upgraded to 10240. I'm not seeing any expiration date of any kind in this build.

Did Insiders just get a free copy of Windows 10 after all?

:)

Omega, Jul 29, 2015

2. Is anyone else getting the 'There Is No Available Connection Type' message?

Hi,

Try this:

1. Go to Conrol Panel and open "Add or Remove Programs"

2. Select "PC Connectivity Solution", click "Change" and then "Repair".

3. After Repair, restart PC.

-> Does it help?

If not, could you answer some questions:

1. What is your windows and service pack version?

2. What was your previus PC Suite version?

miksu---01, Jul 29, 2015
  3. djgrh Win User
    Is anyone else getting the 'There Is No Available Connection Type' message?

I have just upgraded to 6.82.22.0 and keep getting this?

I get "There is no available connection type and therefore connection to the phone cannot be established. The wizard will exit".

After cliking OK, I then get "Failed to detect connection types. Please reinstall PC Suite".

So I did.

Same messages coming up even after completely uninstalling and reinstalling!

Gutted - didnt have this problem with the previous version.

Any help greatly appreciated Is anyone getting an expiration date? :)

Gary

djgrh, Jul 29, 2015
  4. Mystere Win User

As long as you stay an insider, your copy will remain activated. This release has no expiration date, but when the next beta build comes along it will have a new expiration.

If you leave the program, you will be asked for a new key or you will have to re-install an older version of windows and upgrade over it.

Mystere, Jul 29, 2015
  5. Omega Win User
    That makes sense. As soon as I press the leave Insider builds button, my copy will become invalidated, but if I stay I will have forced updates that will have expiration dates.

I still haven't decided to stay as an Insider or not, but I do have a year to decide to reinstall Windows 7 in order to upgrade to 10 and leave the program.

Omega, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Is anyone getting an expiration date? - Similar Threads - anyone getting expiration

2. Get a list of AD users account expire date

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Get a list of AD users account expire date: I know there is a way to get a list of AD Accounts expire date using powershell. Which script should be use for this purpose? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/get-a-list-of-ad-users-account-expire-date/442c8e29-ccb8-4acd-b306-0d90bd6214a6
  3. Get a list of AD users account expire date

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Get a list of AD users account expire date: I know there is a way to get a list of AD Accounts expire date using powershell. Which script should be use for this purpose? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/get-a-list-of-ad-users-account-expire-date/442c8e29-ccb8-4acd-b306-0d90bd6214a6
  4. Repeated messages of "Your Windows license will expire soon" with no expiration date

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Repeated messages of "Your Windows license will expire soon" with no expiration date: I was having messages like "Your Windows license will expire soon" every day since last week. I don't why this happened, and when I try to go to settings, it looks like this:I don't know when it will expire. The expiration date never showed up. The product ID was installed at...
  5. Set a Password Expiration Date for Microsoft Account and Local Account

in Windows 10 News
    Set a Password Expiration Date for Microsoft Account and Local Account: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Most of us have a habit of keeping using the same password for a long time. It’s dangerous, mainly if the password is in use at multiple places. It is possible that in a security breach, the password was open [...] This post Set a Password Expiration Date...
  6. Windows 10 expiration date has changed

Windows 10 expiration date has changed: Welcome I bought a brand new HP laptop and I was the first one to use it, the information as below: licensed Windows 10 professional. Configured activation type: KMS. Volume activation expiration: 180 days. I don`t know whether they`re the cause or not, but I think it`s...
  7. Expiration Date

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Expiration Date: Hey since last few days my laptop's windows has been showing this message that your license will be expired so soon. My license was activated by an organization and when I am checking the setting status of the activation there is no alarm there for this trouble. Now what...
  8. Expiring date after upgrading to Windows 10

Expiring date after upgrading to Windows 10: So today I decided to do the free upgrade to Windows 10. But before that I was running on a Windows 10 Insider Preview (clean installation). So everything went normal, it shows that my Windows is activated but when I type in the command menu "slmgr /xpr" it shows me that my...
  9. Anyone able to get free upgrade after deadlline expired?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Anyone able to get free upgrade after deadlline expired?: If you did, please post your local time and your timezone. Upgrade or fresh install? Note that we are talking here only about systems that have not been previously upgraded to Win 10 and then rolled back to Win 7 or 8. 57992
  10. Windows 10TP builds expiration dates

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10TP builds expiration dates: Useful info about Windows 10TP Official builds expiration dates and what will happen when a build expires. The expiration dates for Windows 10 Technical Preview vary by build number. The table below summarizes the expiration dates for each of the builds we’ve released...