Windows 10: Is anyone having trouble with Windows 10 still?

Discus and support Is anyone having trouble with Windows 10 still? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am still having issues with Windows 10 on my Desktop PC. It is an Acer Aspire XC603G Desktop. It came with Windows 8.1 pre-installed. Ever since I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jesse Williams, Sep 27, 2016.

1. Is anyone having trouble with Windows 10 still?

I am still having issues with Windows 10 on my Desktop PC. It is an Acer Aspire XC603G Desktop. It came with Windows 8.1 pre-installed. Ever since I updated to the Windows 10 Anniversary Update, I have had nothing but trouble. If someone could please chime in and help me out, that would be greatly appreciated. The main problems are that it keeps freezing up. Yesterday, it got stuck on the Lock Screen for 30 minutes after I had an important antivirus update that required a restart. I finally had to manually shut it down to get it to come back up and respond. I am sick of the random freezes. Please help!

:)

Jesse Williams, Sep 27, 2016
  2. DaniRudd Win User

Is anyone having trouble with their keyboards today?

My keyboard would hardly work yesterday. I bought a new keyboard and did a restart on my Dell Inspiron 660. I noticed that when my PC restarted that updates were being installed.

With the updates installed my old keyboard worked perfectly. However, tried to use Microsoft Office and dialog boxes kept popping up blocking my mouse??

??

DaniRudd, Sep 27, 2016
  3. DaniRudd Win User
    Is anyone having trouble with their keyboards today?

Actually, I had an update waiting for me to download and when I installed the download it solved the problem. I have had this problem before at least twice, but didn't remember it when I posed the question for the community.

DaniRudd, Sep 27, 2016
  4. Is anyone having trouble with Windows 10 still?

It sounds like a random, hard to troubleshoot issue. However, given that this is an update on top of a previous install, it is likely due to old drivers or lingering junk from the previous OS. Anytime a computer is upgraded and then experiences issues like this, a clean install is your best bet.

DeaconFrost, Sep 27, 2016
  5. nijjhar Win User
    How do you do a clean re-install please? Do you uninstall the old version or what?

I am novice.

nijjhar, Sep 28, 2016
  6. Well, Norton is not exactly the lightest AV. Anyway, try to perform a cleanup. Download WC.bat and run it as admin.

TairikuOkami, Sep 28, 2016
  7. Check your Reliability History and look through each event which is red-flagged.Right click on "view tech details",not "check for a solution".If there was one then there would not be a problem.This will give you the cause of the freeze and almost always is a driver e.g.nvlddmkm.system.There is no one fix all solution,it is a matter of patiently trying different drivers.
    Best of luck.

joeandmarg0, Sep 28, 2016
  8. nijjhar Win User

Is anyone having trouble with Windows 10 still?

Thank you.

nijjhar, Sep 28, 2016
  9. dalchina New Member
    Hi, I tried to find your laptop on the list of those approved by Toshiba for upgrade to '10, but couldn't. You may wish to check that.
    Toshiba : Model List

[SOLVED] TOSHIBA Toshiba Windows 10 Upgrade information website - TOSHIBA FORUM
    as there are so many regions, it's easy to miss it.
    Toshiba : Select Region

What is your build version and last update (see Update History)?
    Windows key + R, type 'winver'

Note that the anniversary upgrade (1607) caused freezing problems for quite a few, enough to make the press, and this was addressed in a subsequent update a couple of months later.
    Microsoft Fixes the Windows 10 Freezing Issues - Windows 10 Forums

Latest build: 14393.222

dalchina, Sep 29, 2016
  10. TomBarry Win User
    I would agree with DeaconFrost the update version gave me too many problems
    Not saying its it's without any but more stable less freezing up
    Go to Microsoft & Download full version an just install *Biggrin

TomBarry, Sep 29, 2016
  11. Update: I did a Clean Install, and that seemed to resolve the issue. If the freezing appears again, I will let y'all know.

Jesse Williams, Sep 30, 2016
  12. nijjhar Win User
    Hi,
    P
    l;ease send me the link for a clean install.

Thanks.

Rajinder

nijjhar, Sep 30, 2016
  13. dalchina New Member

Windows 10 ISO Download - Windows 10 Forums
    Note the option at section 8 for a bootable flash drive.
    Windows 10 - Clean Install - Windows 10 Forums

Both from the Tutorial section - feel free to browse and search it.

- you will need to delete existing Win 10 partitions, making sure you have enough room on your system disk so Windows doesn't put partitions on another disk. (A clean EFI install creates Windows partition + 100Mb EFI partition + 16Mb System + 450Mb Recovery) + leave 500 Mb spare.

Feel free to search the web for further instructions.

dalchina, Oct 1, 2016
  14. Winuser Win User
    Winuser, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Is anyone having trouble with Windows 10 still? - Similar Threads - anyone having trouble

2. Anyone else having trouble loading Microsoft Store?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Anyone else having trouble loading Microsoft Store?: This is all I get when I try to load Store, no matter how many times I have tried it today and it searches forever and never loads. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/anyone-else-having-trouble-loading-microsoft-store/31eb0e0e-2a9d-4ece-97dc-566af56db76a
  3. Wonder if anyone here can help still having troubles with this trying to install windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wonder if anyone here can help still having troubles with this trying to install windows 10: submitted by /u/stegly [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kuex55/wonder_if_anyone_here_can_help_still_having/
  4. Is anyone having trouble switching out of S Mode?

Is anyone having trouble switching out of S Mode?: I’ve tried numerous times to switch out of S Mode but it just won’t let me it just keeps saying working on it and won’t do anything else. submitted by /u/Huckleberry386 [link] [comments]...
  5. Anyone suddenly having trouble with their Windows 10 laptops?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Anyone suddenly having trouble with their Windows 10 laptops?: Hi all! So I'm pretty frustrated right now as I've spent several days searching for a fix for my problem. In the last 3 days my HP laptop with Windows 10, v1909 8 gb RAM has suddenly slowed down VERY drastically. The problem literally started overnight. It was slow to the...
  6. Anyone having trouble installing Windows 10 on AMD Ryzen set up

Anyone having trouble installing Windows 10 on AMD Ryzen set up: I have just built a new PC with AMD Ryzen 2600, MSI Carbon gaming pro B450 MB, WD 500gb Sata HDD. Every time I try to install Windows 10 from a USB made from the windows creation tool I keep having a driver issue where Windows is saying I need a driver your computer needs is...
  7. Having trouble installing Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Having trouble installing Windows 10: I have been trying to install Windows 10 the inactivated version with a USB boot drive. Before it has presented an error message at 0%, but this time it let me get to about 80% took about 24 hours on the 2nd stage creating installation files and then I check and get the same...
  8. having trouble activating windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    having trouble activating windows 10: hey guys can anyone help me, im trying to activate my windows 10 enterprise edition but i keep getting the null error code 0x80004005 i have no idea what to do. thanks in advance...
  9. Having trouble Activating Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Having trouble Activating Windows 10: Hi i upgraded a few components of my PC, one them being the hard drive so i had to reinstall windows, i originally had windows 7 and got the free windows 10 upgraded however after installing the new components and windows 10 again it will not active my windows 10...
  10. Anyone still having the TDR Failure BSOD?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Anyone still having the TDR Failure BSOD?: Ive recently aquired a dell xps 720 and immidiately ran into this issue with wX. I have a seeping suspicion that this error sometimes orriginates from the ram not being up to par, anyone able to confirm?...