Windows 10: Is Avast responsible for Critical Error in Start Menu and Cortana

Discus and support Is Avast responsible for Critical Error in Start Menu and Cortana in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Recently I've been getting the critical error with my start menu and cortana. Of course after a few restarts and prays eveything works normal. But... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by XxLevyxX, Nov 25, 2015.

1. XxLevyxX Win User

Is Avast responsible for Critical Error in Start Menu and Cortana

Recently I've been getting the critical error with my start menu and cortana.
    Of course after a few restarts and prays eveything works normal.

But after seeing a posts in d general discussion area I saw many individuals say avast is responsible for the error.

Can anyone give strong evidence that this is true?

:)

XxLevyxX, Nov 25, 2015
  2. Linney Win User

Windows 10 Critical Error - Your Start Menu is not working

Anti Virus software Avast has been mentioned in other posts.

Have a look at some of the user comments at the end of this next article.

Windows 10 Issues: Cortana And Start Menu Show Critical Error

Windows 10 Issues: Cortana And Start Menu Show Critical Error

Linney, Nov 25, 2015
  3. Start Menu and Cortana Aren't Working - Critical Error (Windows 10)

Realized, problem started when avast Av update applied 2 days ago. On Surface Pro 2

was not able to uninstall Avast Av, luckily had restore point at Av update. Will monitor for a few days to confirm if Av update roll back fixed issue.

KamberDalal, Nov 25, 2015
Thema:

Is Avast responsible for Critical Error in Start Menu and Cortana

1. Is Avast responsible for Critical Error in Start Menu and Cortana - Similar Threads - Avast responsible Critical

2. Critical Error - Start Menu isn't working, Cortana not installed

in Cortana
    Critical Error - Start Menu isn't working, Cortana not installed: Recently a few domain joined PCs updated from 1909 to the May 2020 Update 2004, and now two users with roaming profiles have an issue, that after signing in and trying to open the Start Menu, they get an error message about a "Critical Error. Your Start menu isn't working....
  3. Critical Error Start Menu Cortana Not Working

in Cortana
    Critical Error Start Menu Cortana Not Working: Good Day all. I have a very big problem with my pc and I really need a very good solution to solve it if there's any. This error may be common to few but mine is like an evolved version of it. Yes, few people get this error due to some regrettable actions they performed,...
  4. Critical Error. Start menu and Cortana aren't Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Critical Error. Start menu and Cortana aren't Working: I get a bsod with "Critical error. Start menu and Cortana aren't working. We'll try fix it the next time you sign in." Now I'm no pc tech head or anything so I have no clue Wtf is going on. I can't access anything on my laptop. Help me get rid of issue and allow me to use my...
  5. Critical error "Start menu and Cortana aren't working".

in Windows 10 Support
    Critical error "Start menu and Cortana aren't working".: Hello to all on this forum, I am a new member so this is my first post. Hopefully someone will be able to assist On start up I am getting a Critical error "Start menu and Cortana aren't working". I have read and tried many of the possible solutions on this forum with no...
  6. Critical Error - ''Start Menu & Cortana aren't working''

in Windows 10 Support
    Critical Error - ''Start Menu & Cortana aren't working'': Hi Downloaded Windows 10 over a month ago and it has been working fine since Today I installed the latest version of iTunes and since then I get the following:- Critical Error - Start Menu and Cortana aren't working - We'll try to fix it the next time you sign in...
  7. critical error start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    critical error start menu: Hi, hoping this is correct section, (moved from BSOD,crashes) I wish to reopen thread on this subject as the last time I looked it was closed in June 2016. Lately I keep getting a critical error when I try to access start menu. I have followed Brinks tutorial on subject, but...
  8. Critical error start menu and cortana aren't working

in Windows 10 Support
    Critical error start menu and cortana aren't working: Hello people, Hope you can help me to solve this problem! Since I upgraded my computer to Win 10, I'm trying to deal with this problem. When my computer starts it shows the message: "Critical error start menu and Cortana aren't working. We'll try to fix it the next...
  9. "Critical error: Start menu and Cortana aren't working"

in Windows 10 Support
    "Critical error: Start menu and Cortana aren't working": Hey, I upgraded to Windows 10 on my laptop last night from 8.1 and it had been working fine this morning. However in the afternoon I got a notification that there had been a driver failure and I should restart to repair it. Ever since I have though I've been having...
  10. Critical Error with Start Menu and Cortana

in Windows 10 Support
    Critical Error with Start Menu and Cortana: Ok so when I clicked the start menu I usually saw a 'Start Menu' tile. I never really took it on but I believe it was sometime last week out of curiosity I clicked the tile and a message came up. I don't remember what it wrote but it was basically saying that something wasn't...