Windows 10: Is being locked out of your own computer an act of harassment?

Discus and support Is being locked out of your own computer an act of harassment? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; PLEASE accept my apologies for the size of this note! My Father has been locked out of his laptop and now his microsoft account as well. Every time he... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jacob De Lellis, Feb 27, 2024.

1. Is being locked out of your own computer an act of harassment?

PLEASE accept my apologies for the size of this note! My Father has been locked out of his laptop and now his microsoft account as well. Every time he tried logging into it MS would ask for the password and then say it was the wrong one. I and several others have witnessed this and even tried to type the same and correct one for him. But MS will not accept it or any other possible passwords They will however conveniently allow him to reset it. So, he has ...and just like he always does, writes it down. Well now he has been locked out of his own laptop for trying to reset his password to his o

:)

Jacob De Lellis, Feb 27, 2024
  2. pepanee Win User

Random Auto-Locking of Computer Screen

Nobody suggested checking out Event Viewer? When your computer randomly locks, search for, and open: Event Viewer Under Windows Logs, Check out: • Application • Security, and • System See if you can find something that states anything that could be related to your computer locking. The newest events are listed at the top of each section, so finding an event log would be pretty easy to find. Hopefully we can find what is causing the computer to lock.

pepanee, Feb 27, 2024
  3. ACT Pro 2013 will not open in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

The most likely causes on a standalone are a damaged or invalid .pad file or SQL is not running, or is damaged.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Click your Windows Start button, choose Run and type in actdiag.

• When ACT! Diagnostics comes up, click Databases, the Database List.

• Locate your database in the list, right-click on it and select Detach. Make sure you know the filepath to your database before detaching it.

• When the database has been detached, open My Computer (or Windows Explorer) and browse to the location of your database.

• Locate the .PAD file for your database [database name].pad and delete it.

• Reopen ACT!...you will get a message that the last database opened cannot found, then will be taken to the Open Database dialog box.

• At the bottom of this box, change the Files of Type to .adf, browse to the location of your database and double-click on the .adf file for your database.

• You will get a message that ACT! will verify your database, click OK and ACT will reattach your database to SQL and create a new .pad file.

• Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Feb 27, 2024
  4. Is being locked out of your own computer an act of harassment?

computer keeps locking up...

him your computer locks up.... check what your running and see if it affects it cause this shouldn't happen it could be your ram or your mouse but i'm just giving a suggestion

k0rn_h0li0, Feb 27, 2024
Thema:

Is being locked out of your own computer an act of harassment?

1. Is being locked out of your own computer an act of harassment? - Similar Threads - being locked own

2. Is being locked out of your own computer an act of harassment?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is being locked out of your own computer an act of harassment?: PLEASE accept my apologies for the size of this note! My Father has been locked out of his laptop and now his microsoft account as well. Every time he tried logging into it MS would ask for the password and then say it was the wrong one. I and several others have witnessed...
  3. Completely locked out in your own system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Completely locked out in your own system: Yesterday I had a GPU driver update from nvidia, and my screen messed up, glitched as a very ugly resolution and there was no easy solution, once I applied safe boot. Windows locked me out and locked all admin rights out. Even removed the PIN login option where my only...
  4. Completely locked out in your own system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Completely locked out in your own system: Yesterday I had a GPU driver update from nvidia, and my screen messed up, glitched as a very ugly resolution and there was no easy solution, once I applied safe boot. Windows locked me out and locked all admin rights out. Even removed the PIN login option where my only...
  5. Completely locked out in your own system

6. Locked out of my own computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out of my own computer: Over the weekend I upgraded the CPU in my computer Dell Aurora R10 AMD 5800X3D Little did I know that my login PIN was ties to keys in the CPUs TPM module.When I started up the computer it asked me if I wanted to reset the fTPM, I said yes. When it booted up and on login...
  7. Locked out of my own computer

Locked out of my own computer: Over the weekend I upgraded the CPU in my computer Dell Aurora R10 AMD 5800X3D Little did I know that my login PIN was ties to keys in the CPUs TPM module.When I started up the computer it asked me if I wanted to reset the fTPM, I said yes. When it booted up and on login...
  8. Locked out of my own computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Locked out of my own computer: This is a very bad situation. 3 days ago I changed my four digit PIN that Windows requires for me to log in to my user account. But then yesterday I had to reset the computer to a restore point two days before I changed my login pin.When the restore process was finished I was...
  9. Locked out of my own computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out of my own computer: This is a very bad situation. 3 days ago I changed my four digit PIN that Windows requires for me to log in to my user account. But then yesterday I had to reset the computer to a restore point two days before I changed my login pin.When the restore process was finished I was...
  10. Locked out of my own computer