Windows 10: Is deleting huge files daily a problem for my HDD?

Discus and support Is deleting huge files daily a problem for my HDD? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey there, I download and delete a lot of huge movies and games daily. Can that slow down my HDD or possibly even increase it's failure chance?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by BicycleRow, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Is deleting huge files daily a problem for my HDD?

Hey there,

I download and delete a lot of huge movies and games daily. Can that slow down my HDD or possibly even increase it's failure chance? Currently, CrystalDiskInfo shows that my HDD's health is Good. I also checked it using command prompt and it's OK. I defragment it once in a week now, I used to do it like everyday but I found out that's actually bad. My HDD is - Hitachi HDP725050GLA360 - 7200 RPM 16 MB cache SATA 3.0 Gb/s

:)

BicycleRow, Feb 20, 2017
  2. CJ_2000 Win User

How do I set my save option for scanned documents as a daily file, rather than one single SCANNED folder?

Since Windows 10 update my scanned documents saves in a single huge SCANNED folder rather than the Daily folder it created prior.

HELP! How do I set this back to where I see my daily scanned folders?

CJ_2000, Feb 20, 2017
  3. Wifi and Bluetooth bricked after update

I recently updated to the current firmware and now my wifi nor my bluetooth will work. This is a HUGE problem with me. I use bluetooth headsets at work daily so I dont have wires in my way, im an electrician.

My wife has the same phone and hers still works after the update and this is frustrating.

Im a huge Msoft supporter( 2 xbox w/ Live, 2 WP7 phones and windows computers) Please help me with a solution. I use my phone for work so sending it off for weeks may cause huge problems with my boss.

BrandonLoyd, Feb 20, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Is deleting huge files daily a problem for my HDD?

That would be like saying driving a car is bad for the tires.

BTW, when you delete files from the HDD, unless you have special software installed only the entries in the Master File Table for those files are deleted. The HDD does not go and physically write anything to the sectors the file occupied until the normal course of writing a new file happens.

NavyLCDR, Feb 20, 2017
Thema:

Is deleting huge files daily a problem for my HDD?

1. Is deleting huge files daily a problem for my HDD? - Similar Threads - deleting huge files

2. Delete os file from my hdd

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Delete os file from my hdd: i have installed new ssd to my device so need to remove os and software file. Have to make space, which all things need to be deleted in hdd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-os-file-from-my-hdd/de1c1966-eec1-4e1f-9b65-b8dd2a7c2535
  3. HUGE PROBLEM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HUGE PROBLEM: Anyone who follows me knows my system is full of huge problems too numerous to address individually, except new issues. Suddenly, this system after going to the screensaver I presume is included in Windows, is not working. I get a black screen only and a message that an error...
  4. HUGE PROBLEM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HUGE PROBLEM: Anyone who follows me knows my system is full of huge problems too numerous to address individually, except new issues. Suddenly, this system after going to the screensaver I presume is included in Windows, is not working. I get a black screen only and a message that an error...
  5. Can't delete huge file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't delete huge file: I have a game file that is 118gb that I need to delete, however when I try to uninstall it the error "Windows cannot find 'filename'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again." comes up. I've tried looking in file explorer for the file but it doesnt show up...
  6. Can't delete huge file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't delete huge file: I have a game file that is 118gb that I need to delete, however when I try to uninstall it the error "Windows cannot find 'filename'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again." comes up. I've tried looking in file explorer for the file but it doesnt show up...
  7. Delete WIndowsApps Folder Huge Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delete WIndowsApps Folder Huge Files: Hello there I have some old data in other drives of windows where I had installed xbox games and I think that's what has created that folder. Even though the games are no longer there I can't see to detete those files. I have assigned all permissions but some big files are...
  8. Delete WIndowsApps Folder Huge Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delete WIndowsApps Folder Huge Files: Hello there I have some old data in other drives of windows where I had installed xbox games and I think that's what has created that folder. Even though the games are no longer there I can't see to detete those files. I have assigned all permissions but some big files are...
  9. Huge "cache" file, is it safe to delete?

Huge "cache" file, is it safe to delete?: I ran a CCleaner scan this morning and there is a 30 gig file that I sure am not using. Heres a snip of it: [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/huge-cache-file-is-it-safe-to-delete/13bde00b-43ed-44cb-972e-80ff3e1eb449
  10. Cannot delete 2 huge files.

Cannot delete 2 huge files.: My storage on SSD had suddenly reduced o I tried disk clean up and checked every option but it did not work. I came across an application named TreeSize and it shows that 2 files. one is 8gb and the other has 3.2gb. pagefile.sys and hiberfil are the names of the files. plus,...