Windows 10: Is Dell Wireless Driver install needed

Discus and support Is Dell Wireless Driver install needed in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Noticed in control panel that Dell wireless driver progam is installed on my Dell 660. I use wired connections for the pc to my modem and don't know if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by gabbydgar, Jan 14, 2017.

1. gabbydgar Win User

Is Dell Wireless Driver install needed

Noticed in control panel that Dell wireless driver progam is installed on my Dell 660. I use wired connections for the pc to my modem and don't know if it is necessary as I do not have any wireless items connected. A wifi finder program shows three items being on when I only have two up, so I wonder if this is the third. Did not want to uninstall till I checked it out.

:)

gabbydgar, Jan 14, 2017

2. Dell Wireless 365 Bluetooth Module FIX

If you must get it to work on Windows 10, I have the best solution following, here:

Uninstall all Bluetooth software and drivers to start fresh:

Install DELL (drivers only) using Device Manager, (not packaged software).

If undetected you can add legacy devices in Device Manager.

You can also, add DELL Driver information to the system by right clicking the DELL (*.INF) files and click install.

Install Broadcom Bluetooth Win-10 driver (Software), here: Bluetooth Software

Update all Bluetooth drivers using Device Manager (show hidden drivers) and choose the correct ones.

You will see 2 compatible drivers for each one and may need to change to the other optional one, if it is more elaborate. Reboot and check Device Manager.

Everything works perfectly now.

Note: DELL Wireless 365 Bluetooth Module.

Not to be confused with DELL Wireless 365 (Secure Bluetooth) Module.

Normal user name 452, Jan 14, 2017
  3. After Win 10 upgrade my Dell 1703 Wireless adapter has LIMITED function..using usb wifi adapter to access DSL

Hi Rita,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.
    I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

This issue occurs due to the outdated or incompatible or corrupted Dell 1703 Wireless adapter driver.

I suggest you to uninstall the Dell 1703 Wireless adapter driver and reinstall the latest Dell 1703 Wireless adapter driver in compatibility mode and check, if it works.

Follow these steps to install the Dell 1703 Wireless adapter driver in compatibility mode.

1. Download the latest Dell 1703 Wireless adapter driver from the manufacturer’s website.

2. Right-click on the setup file and click on "Properties".

3. Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode” and select previous Operating System from the drop down.

4. Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.

Let's try to download the Dell 1703 Wireless adapter driver from the link below:
    Dell Wireless 1703/1705 WiFi + Bluetooth Driver | Dell Deutschland

Please feel free to contact us with more information, if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Jan 14, 2017
  4. Is Dell Wireless Driver install needed

If you don't need wireless access, I'd leave the driver installed (so there should if ever needed/handy to have) but disable the wifi device in Device Manager

ComputerGeek, Jan 14, 2017
Thema:

Is Dell Wireless Driver install needed

1. Is Dell Wireless Driver install needed - Similar Threads - Dell Wireless Driver

2. Need drivers for installation.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need drivers for installation.: Split from this thread.Hello, i have Lenovo Ideapad 1 14 Laptop. Doing installation process i need its drivers. Please guide where i can download them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-drivers-for-installation/e856c9a2-8c61-4236-9b38-1ac7aaeef039
  3. Need drivers for installation.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need drivers for installation.: Split from this thread.Hello, i have Lenovo Ideapad 1 14 Laptop. Doing installation process i need its drivers. Please guide where i can download them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-drivers-for-installation/e856c9a2-8c61-4236-9b38-1ac7aaeef039
  4. Dell Wireless driver didn't work after install windows 10 for some daysDell wireless 1705...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dell Wireless driver didn't work after install windows 10 for some daysDell wireless 1705...: I was using Windows 10 as my main OS. the first time of using windows 10, I was unable to connect wifi with my laptop, then I have to re-install the OS, after that, I was just able to use wifi for a week and the old problem happens again, then I have also reset the OS at the...
  5. Wireless adapter drivers will not install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wireless adapter drivers will not install: Currently using an Asus PCE-AC68 Wireless adapter which works fine. Just upgraded to PCE-AC88 which I installed into the same PCI-e socket I had the AC68 in. Computer does not recognize the AC88 in Device Manager and the driver install .exe will not execute so no install...
  6. Wireless Network Adapter Driver is not Installed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wireless Network Adapter Driver is not Installed: My windows 10 smartab (model: STW1050) will not recognize the network adapter. I have already ran the troubleshooter a million times it said "Windows did not detect a properly installed network adapter. If you have a network adapter, you will need to re-install the driver"...
  7. Installing wireless driver

Installing wireless driver: I just reinstall my laptop with windows 10 Pro 64 bit, and i've done installing graphic and audio driver. But do i need wireless, bluetooth and LAN driver ? because my wi-fi already work without driver, but for bluetooth and lan 'ive not try it yet. 74524
  8. Suspected problem with Dell 1550W wireless driver

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Suspected problem with Dell 1550W wireless driver: I attach the zip file as requested. The driver is the latest on that Dell have released. There are three minidumps here, all of which occurred while I was working using the wireless ethernet, never any problems when using wired. Cheers Dave 73400
  9. dell wireless keyboard

dell wireless keyboard: changed batteries, pulled usb, turned off keyboard, all is good, thanks
  10. Need Wireless Network Adapter DRIVER

in Windows 10 Support
    Need Wireless Network Adapter DRIVER: There's a red x on my wifi icon in the tray and i cant connect to the internet. Im told i need to redownload a driver but I cant find any Windows 10 driver for it. My model name is: ar9485wb-eg I have an asus netbook. The one with no capslock light. So please tell me...