Windows 10: Is ESXi Free (including vSphere)?

Discus and support Is ESXi Free (including vSphere)? in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; There seems to be some debate about this, but I believe ESXi 6.0 is free, or at least there is a free version. Assuming I was going to download and use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by DeaconFrost, Jun 28, 2016.

1. Is ESXi Free (including vSphere)?

There seems to be some debate about this, but I believe ESXi 6.0 is free, or at least there is a free version. Assuming I was going to download and use ESXi 6.0 and use the free version, is vSphere free, as well? We use vSphere often at work, and I swear I saw something about a license expiring.

I'm going back and forth in my head if I want to run ESXi or Hyper-V.

:)

DeaconFrost, Jun 28, 2016
  2. Andre Da Costa, Jun 28, 2016
  3. Mark_Y_F Win User
    Windows 10 Pro activation (no internet)

Thanks Andre,

by reading some of the older posts, it sounded like MS took away the function of activation without being online. But to reply to your answer about hosts. VMware has a host called ESXI Vsphere, that is managing the 1 instance of Windows 10 pro, and
    we have RHEL and Suse Linux running as well. It was just within a month that this activation logo popped up and usually we don't see this with a purchased computer that came with a windows disk.

But thank you, will be calling in.

-Mark

Mark_Y_F, Jun 28, 2016
  4. jimbo45 Win User

Is ESXi Free (including vSphere)?

Hi there

Vsphere client - latest version scroll down the linked page - at bottom.

vSphere Client Download - VIclient Direct Download Links!

Esxi 6.0 (Free) - need to register

Download VMware vSphere

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jun 29, 2016
  5. I'm getting prompted that I don't have permission to download, and then given a link to download a trial, using your bottom link.

DeaconFrost, Jun 29, 2016
  6. DeaconFrost, Jun 29, 2016
  7. There is a free version of ESXi which is great although, it has many limitations like vMotion, Data Protection, also, many good backup solutions like Veeam are not working with it.

I would really recommend looking into Hyper-V Free + StarWind Virtual SAN Free. With those you could easily setup a cluster and enjoy your continuously available SMB 3.0 share *Smile

StorageBlaster, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Is ESXi Free (including vSphere)?

1. Is ESXi Free (including vSphere)? - Similar Threads - ESXi Free including

2. ESXi went to "Not Responding" state when adding IP address in ESXI firewall ports via PowerCLI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ESXi went to "Not Responding" state when adding IP address in ESXI firewall ports via PowerCLI: Hi Expert,ESXi went to "Not Responding" state when we are adding IP address in the firewall ports via PowersCLIExplanation of what the script does: The script is supposed to execute on the server which PowersCLI has been installed . The script will get the vCenter inputs and...
  3. ESXi went to "Not Responding" state when adding IP address in ESXI firewall ports via PowerCLI

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ESXi went to "Not Responding" state when adding IP address in ESXI firewall ports via PowerCLI: Hi Expert,ESXi went to "Not Responding" state when we are adding IP address in the firewall ports via PowersCLIExplanation of what the script does: The script is supposed to execute on the server which PowersCLI has been installed . The script will get the vCenter inputs and...
  4. How to install Esxi 6.5 in Azure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to install Esxi 6.5 in Azure: Hello Team,Kindly share the procedure to install esxi 6.5 in Azure .Thanks & Regards,K.Mahendran. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-install-esxi-65-in-azure/4ddc18c9-f295-4d25-a069-6b5526aa0dc1
  5. How to install Esxi 6.5 in Azure

How to install Esxi 6.5 in Azure: Hello Team,Kindly share the procedure to install esxi 6.5 in Azure .Thanks & Regards,K.Mahendran. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-install-esxi-65-in-azure/4ddc18c9-f295-4d25-a069-6b5526aa0dc1
  6. Does the free upgrade to Windows 11 include Pro?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does the free upgrade to Windows 11 include Pro?: I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed. My system keeps prompting me to upgrade to Windows 11 free. Will this upgrade be to Windows 11 Pro or will I lose Pro by upgrading?...
  7. Does the free upgrade to Windows 11 include Pro?

Does the free upgrade to Windows 11 include Pro?: I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed. My system keeps prompting me to upgrade to Windows 11 free. Will this upgrade be to Windows 11 Pro or will I lose Pro by upgrading?...
  8. Vsphere farm Microsoft Licensing

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Vsphere farm Microsoft Licensing: Hi, we have a Vsphere Farm 6.5 with 3 Host. Every Host has 16 core, so totally are 48 core. We have bought a Windows License for 48 core. If I install 5 VM on this farm, that need of 64 core totally, do I need to buy Licenses for these machines? My question is: if I buy...
  9. Any VMWare esxi users here

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Any VMWare esxi users here: Hi folks. Any ESXI users here -- interested particularly how Windows VM's performs on it. Would prefer people using either at home or in small tests rather than Enterprise shops at work say. Would also be interested if one can manage VM's decently with the Free ESXi version...
  10. Mouse issue in vSphere

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Mouse issue in vSphere: We're using the vSphere 6.0 installed "fat client" to connect to two vBlocks and some standalone hosts. Whenever we open the console of a VM, as long as it has a GUI, the mouse usage is very erratic. If you click somewhere, the cursor jumps. It's next-to-impossible to use the...