Windows 10: Is everyone getting Windows 10 tomorrow?

Discus and support Is everyone getting Windows 10 tomorrow? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; He guys. I post a lot over at Neowin but they are doing a forum upgrade and I found these forums. I've been running Windows 10 as my main OS for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by patseguin, Jul 26, 2015.

1. patseguin Win User

Is everyone getting Windows 10 tomorrow?

He guys. I post a lot over at Neowin but they are doing a forum upgrade and I found these forums.

I've been running Windows 10 as my main OS for some time now. Now that release is just about here, I am trying to decide if I want to just leave my clean install as is and remain an insider or re-install Windows 8.1 and get my free upgrade. From my understanding, in order to get the upgrade, you have to have a qualifying OS installed and running. Are a lot of you who are running the RTM now going to erase and reinstall 8.1 in order to get the upgrade or are you going to stay insiders? I don't really want the hassle of having to do a clean install of Windows 8.1 if I don't have to but otherwise I will miss out on my free upgrade. Also, I have a Technet 8.1 key running on my PC and my HTPC so I am not sure how the upgrade will work on a Technet key anyways. Anyone planning on just leaving their install and remaining an insider?

:)

patseguin, Jul 26, 2015

2. I get the same error everyone else is getting during the 1709 update. W 10 could not configure one or more system compnents and First_boot phase

This is why there is so much confusion over this issue. It seems that the suggestions have nothing to do with the problem. Like, they want to get rid of you and give you anything to get you of their back. Being an IT person I have been down this road
    with many tech companies.

This is not a boot issue as far as I know.

I am using the Windows ISO W 10 disk to upgrade the Windows version from 1703 (which worked perfectly, to version 1709) that will not install because it could not configure one or more system components . (version 1703 had no problems why now?). This is
    not a booting issue. It is a Microsoft issue that puts out an error and does not describe it so it can be corrected. In fact it may be a false error also.

Extremely frustrating.

I am wasting a lot of time in my lab over this situation.

Again, Can we update one at a time instead of dong them all at once?? Then if there is an issue we will find it on the specific update.

Alan

Alandubuque, Jul 26, 2015
  3. I get the same error everyone else is getting during the 1709 update. W 10 could not configure one or more system compnents and First_boot phase

I have decided to abort installing the 1709 update and wait for MS to come with a fix.

My computer has been put back together under the 1703 revision and works perfectly.

Microsoft need to get their act together and separate updates so you can watch each one so you can see failure points.

Identifying failure points so they can be fixed is paramount.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Alan

Alandubuque, Jul 26, 2015
  4. swarfega Win User

If you keep Windows 10, then you'l continue to be on the Insider Program and keep getting the bleedin edge updates.

So you need to decide whether that's something you want to do or move to a general release. If you don't mind doing the extra work, I'd suggest installing Windows 8.1, filling out the reservation on the Get Windows 10 icon and then upgrade on the day (which by the way is not tomorrow but Wednesday). This however is a lot of work since you'l need every last update for 8.1 installed.

Once you have done that, I would not install any software or drivers so you keep the installation fairly clean and less prone to possible errors.

swarfega, Jul 26, 2015
  5. Ztruker Win User
  6. patseguin Win User
    Oops yeah I knew it was the 29th, had my date mixed up!

Yeah I am kind of leaning towards remaining an insider and just staying with my current install. Maybe on my HTPC I can use my free upgrade. Does anyone know how the upgrade will work with a Technet key?

Also, I read an article a few weeks back stating something about not everyone will be able to download the upgrade on the 29th because MS is rolling it out slowly. Is that true?

patseguin, Jul 26, 2015
  7. swarfega Win User
    Yes in some cases Windows 10 may not be available to all on the 29th.

swarfega, Jul 27, 2015
  8. Is everyone getting Windows 10 tomorrow?

I've read you can get the free W10 upgrade and then do a clean install. Does this mean someone can upgrade from W10 TP to W10 Final and then do a clean install and be on the general release cycle?

nosecureboot, Jul 27, 2015
  9. CountMike New Member
    Nope, W7 and W8.1 only. Insider version only if you stay as insider.

CountMike, Jul 27, 2015
  10. I'm on W10 TP Build 10162 and not a Windows Insider and have no M$ accounts attached to my W10 TP install.

How do I get my free upgrade to Windows 10? I won't have to downgrade will I?

If I do a free upgrade from W10 TP to W10 I will be on the insider release cycle?

I'm sorry, I don't understand...

nosecureboot, Jul 27, 2015
  11. CountMike New Member
    Insider release cycle is for insiders only, you don't have to be an insider to get W10 upgrade from qualified Windows versions, you'll just have to wait for insiders to receive and test future upgrades and new features. You don't get to be an insider just by upgrading to 10 or by installing without MS account. You'll have to sign in as insider with MS account for that (if they will admit more to that circle).

CountMike, Jul 27, 2015
  12. Ztruker Win User
    Yes, you will have to install a qualifying OS, WIn 7 + SP1 or Win 8.1 Update 1 since you are not a registered insider.

Ztruker, Jul 27, 2015
  13. Is everyone getting Windows 10 tomorrow?

I'm on a laptop with OEM Key in the BIOS, are you sure I have to downgrade?

nosecureboot, Jul 28, 2015
  14. Jackolado Win User
    If I could maybe! I've spent hours over the past few days installing a brand new copy of Windows 7 Professional on my old desktop. Service pack 1 is installed as well as every single update available but no Get Windows 10 icon *Sad
    I have now tried literally every fix I can get my hands on through Google and can't think what else to do. My pc meets every single requirement so I'm completely lost! Any helpful hints will be greatly appreciated but I doubt I'll be able to register in time for to now :/

Jackolado, Jul 28, 2015
  15. devilsmania, Jul 28, 2015
Thema:

1. Is everyone getting Windows 10 tomorrow? - Similar Threads - everyone getting tomorrow

2. I'm getting a "Tomorrow" folder from a few conversion websites.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I'm getting a "Tomorrow" folder from a few conversion websites.: My timezone is set correctly and my computer time too. I'm only getting a "Tomorrow" folder, no "Next week", "Next month", or "Later this year" folders.This happened once yesterday, and now a .CUR file appeared in my "Today" folder, even though I only downloaded Grammarly...
  3. I'm getting a "Tomorrow" folder from a few conversion websites.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm getting a "Tomorrow" folder from a few conversion websites.: My timezone is set correctly and my computer time too. I'm only getting a "Tomorrow" folder, no "Next week", "Next month", or "Later this year" folders.This happened once yesterday, and now a .CUR file appeared in my "Today" folder, even though I only downloaded Grammarly...
  4. I'm getting a "Tomorrow" folder from a few conversion websites.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Now Everyone Can Get Windows 10 Feature Updates with this Setting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Now Everyone Can Get Windows 10 Feature Updates with this Setting: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/harshsharma9619 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jgjii9/now_everyone_can_get_windows_10_feature_updates/
  6. Camera installed... Tomorrow?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Camera installed... Tomorrow?: [img] Was looking through and uninstalling programs today (7/28) Saw that Camera was installed 7/29. Why did this happen? I did not install camera. 137462
  7. Patch Tuesday tomorrow?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Patch Tuesday tomorrow?: Does anyone know if the usual slew of patch Tuesday updates are due tomorrow ? I wonder if last Tuesday being a non working day for new year whether MS would class the 2nd Tuesday release for the 15th (if they follow a 2nd working Tuesday schedule) 124841
  8. Who else is getting the windows 10 preview tomorrow?

in Windows 10 Support
    Who else is getting the windows 10 preview tomorrow?: I know I am. I am going to throw it into a VM as soon as tomorrow comes around. This is the link where you can get it tomorow:Windows Technical Preview is coming soon - Microsoft Windows 1919
  9. Some Windows 10 Builds Set to Expire Tomorrow

in Windows 10 News
    Some Windows 10 Builds Set to Expire Tomorrow: Insiders need to update to RTM or get the latest build Microsoft has recently rolled out Windows 10 build 10565, but it's no secret that some insiders are still running older versions of the operating system, which isn't quite the purpose of the testing program because...
  10. Windows 10 Preview: download goes live tomorrow

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Preview: download goes live tomorrow: Microsoft held its technical preview press event today in San Francisco where they showed off the first bits of the upcoming OS. As previously said, Microsoft will be releasing a technical preview for the public to try out ahead of the retail launch. The download will be...