Windows 10: Is FBackup Reliable?

Discus and support Is FBackup Reliable? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I recently (about 10 hours ago) installed FBackup, and I'm wondering what anybody can tell me about its reliability or how I can test it without... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by gregyurkon, Nov 20, 2015.

1. Is FBackup Reliable?

I recently (about 10 hours ago) installed FBackup, and I'm wondering what anybody can tell me about its reliability or how I can test it without risking losing stuff.

<Edited to add>
    Just as I was posting this, I saw a link to z3r010's thread about the EaseUS Todo Backup 48 hour giveaway, so I'd like to add that to my information request.

:)

gregyurkon, Nov 20, 2015
  2. BulldogXX Win User

How can I do an incremental backup on Windows 10

I don't believe the free version of Backup4All, called FBackup, does incrementals. If you're looking for freeware, a web search will return dozens of candidates. Read the reviews and see which one you like.

Personally, I'm in favor of paying for backup software, because backing up is a big deal for me and a developer will only put in so much effort on a product which pays them little or nothing.

About Windows' own backup: You need to understand that Microsoft is not primarily in the backup business. It's also not in the scanning, PDF, image editing and antivirus businesses but it includes utilities for these and for many other purposes to provide
    a basic degree of functionality for people who don't know how or are too afraid to install third-party software.

BulldogXX, Nov 20, 2015
  3. Why do permanently deleted folders keep coming back after restart? PC settings are also reverted after restart.

I have OneDrive but the problem is not with the syncing. There is a folder "FBackup" in one of my drives that keeps coming back and is empty. I can deal with it. But the real problem is the softwares keep reverting to their default settings.

ex:- 1) the dell backup software keeps asking to create a backup every time after reboot even though I select the option "do not remind me".

ex :- 2) For an anti-virus software I downloaded a Patch. After reboot again I needed to download the same patch.

This would not happen before.

It seems my PC is loading some default configurations after reboot. Or some registry is causing it to load default settings and some people suggest to make changes to those registry. I am not a computer expert and don't want to mess with the registry files.

Any simple solution there? Do I need to format my PC? This will be too time consuming.

RohitParate, Nov 20, 2015
  4. dalchina New Member

Is FBackup Reliable?

Easeus Todo Backup is fine as a backup tool; however it does install a backup service which I dislike. I also dislike the way it sets a default backup location ON THE SAME DISK (my experience with multi-partition single disk) although you clearly would wish to create the backups on an external disk. There was some other reason which made me switch..

I've come to prefer Aomei Backupper.

dalchina, Nov 20, 2015
Thema:

Is FBackup Reliable?

1. Is FBackup Reliable? - Similar Threads - FBackup Reliable

2. Blue screen of death has been occurring lately and using view reliability history I see...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen of death has been occurring lately and using view reliability history I see...: I can send the problem history so we can figure out the failures.The snip wont render on this message platform. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-screen-of-death-has-been-occurring-lately-and/1876fb46-6f43-463e-97d1-f68586865ff5
  3. Blue screen of death has been occurring lately and using view reliability history I see...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue screen of death has been occurring lately and using view reliability history I see...: I can send the problem history so we can figure out the failures.The snip wont render on this message platform. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-screen-of-death-has-been-occurring-lately-and/1876fb46-6f43-463e-97d1-f68586865ff5
  4. Is W10's basic system image reliable to use today like in W7?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is W10's basic system image reliable to use today like in W7?: Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-w10s-basic-system-image-reliable-to-use-today/57d94d88-7646-460b-a9e3-db2df99c317d
  5. Is W10's basic system image reliable to use today like in W7?

Is W10's basic system image reliable to use today like in W7?: Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-w10s-basic-system-image-reliable-to-use-today/57d94d88-7646-460b-a9e3-db2df99c317d
  6. Is W10's basic system image reliable to use today like in W7?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Hi i just had this error code on my reliability history just wondering what might if caused...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi i just had this error code on my reliability history just wondering what might if caused...: DescriptionA problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 141Parameter 1: ffff880fe2d50010Parameter 2: fffff80245678680Parameter 3: 0Parameter 4: 680OS version: 10_0_22631Service Pack:...
  8. Hi i just had this error code on my reliability history just wondering what might if caused...

Hi i just had this error code on my reliability history just wondering what might if caused...: DescriptionA problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 141Parameter 1: ffff880fe2d50010Parameter 2: fffff80245678680Parameter 3: 0Parameter 4: 680OS version: 10_0_22631Service Pack:...
  9. Crash with the following reliability history error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Crash with the following reliability history error: I wasn't running anything particularly system-intensive, but my computer randomly froze, and after shutting down, I checked the reliability history and this is what it says.SourceWindowsSummaryHardware errorDate‎2/‎16/‎2024 7:24 PMStatusNot reportedDescriptionA problem with...
  10. Crash with the following reliability history error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Crash with the following reliability history error: SourceWindowsSummaryHardware errorDate‎2/‎16/‎2024 7:24 PMStatusNot reportedDescriptionA problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 117Parameter 1: ffffd6061106d050Parameter 2:...