Windows 10: Is "file explorer not responding" connected to Event viewer errors?

Discus and support Is "file explorer not responding" connected to Event viewer errors? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; TLDR: The "Microsoft Windows, the application is not responding. The program may respond again if you wait" causes the critical event viewer logs. How... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by C0zzie, Mar 12, 2018.

1. C0zzie Win User

Is "file explorer not responding" connected to Event viewer errors?

TLDR: The "Microsoft Windows, the application is not responding. The program may respond again if you wait" causes the critical event viewer logs. How does one fix this issue and what is the cause?

I was playing BF1 and tabbed out, like I always do and it recieved the message.
    I do have a low(ish) spec PC for this game, but this is starting all of a sudden.

Long Post:

Sunday evening I turned on my PC and tried to open google. I did this as soon as PC booted, as I usually always do. Nothing was loading and then I recieved the "file explorer not responding".
    I opened "ctrl+alt+del" but it took a while to open and tried to open task manager...nothing.
    So I just powered off my PC via the power button and it started up again and was back to normal...this time, just waiting 10 seconds when it booted up.

I used the PC fine yesterday

This morning when the issue happened I did the above steps, ctrl+alt+del and this time tried to sign out and it just said "signing out...". Only solution was to power off and on via the power button.

I checked Event Viewer and recieved a number of critical and error. Are these errors related to "file explorer not responding"?

Side node: Last summer I recieved black screen on startup, with the "file explorer not responding". I decided to flash my BIOS and reinstall windows on the new SSD I bought. This fixed the issue I believe so not sure if this is just a random occurrence of the file explorer issue?

Is "file explorer not responding" connected to Event viewer errors? [​IMG]

:)

C0zzie, Mar 12, 2018

2. Lumia " The Future is Here "

This is a support forum, not a complaints department.

I suggest you directly submit your complaints about hardware to Nokia and software to Microsoft.

Also it often helps to read reviews when switching platforms to make sure it suits your needs. From what you've said the Lumia 820 clearly doesn't suit you.

psychomania---01, Mar 12, 2018
  3. fonero Win User
    Lumia " The Future is Here "

psychomania: This is a support forum, not a complaints department.

psychomania: Also it often helps to read reviews when switching platforms to make sure it suits your needs. From what you've said the Lumia 820 clearly doesn't suit you.

What RSXforever wrote was a kind of review, that can help other people to judge, if Lumia is the right phone for them.

fonero, Mar 12, 2018
Thema:

Is "file explorer not responding" connected to Event viewer errors?

1. Is "file explorer not responding" connected to Event viewer errors? - Similar Threads - file explorer responding

2. Event Viewer Errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event Viewer Errors: Hi,Since about 3 days I have been getting a number of issues popping up on Event Viewer. It keeps pinging on my speakers and I'm not sure how to diagnose or fix it.Today its been at the worst and was pinging as the laptop was turning on.I've made a copy of the event viewer...
  3. Event Viewer Errors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Event Viewer Errors: Hi,Since about 3 days I have been getting a number of issues popping up on Event Viewer. It keeps pinging on my speakers and I'm not sure how to diagnose or fix it.Today its been at the worst and was pinging as the laptop was turning on.I've made a copy of the event viewer...
  4. Event viewer error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Event viewer error: [ATTACH] Anyone know what this service is? I can't find any information on it anywhere. https://preview.redd.it/12qtclzd4as61.jpg?width=1862&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=5c14b4f6f0374d398aee0d73da20c3a242f32360 submitted by /u/OhSoCute [link] [comments]...
  5. event viewer error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    event viewer error: Faulting application name: DipAwayMode.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000 Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.18362.1049, time stamp: 0xc4675baa Exception code: 0xc0000409 Fault offset: 0x001144c2 Faulting process id: 0x1554 Faulting application...
  6. Event Viewer Errors

Event Viewer Errors: Does anyone have a workable solution for Event error 1000 or event error13? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/event-viewer-errors/79c29b4a-e783-4b8b-b552-c46b3e00e2f9
  7. Error in Event Viewer

Error in Event Viewer: ESENT Event ID 508,510 and 533 warnings in Event Viewer also poor shut down times start up and have nothing running at start up critical errors multi time daily system restore error event id 8193 vss error windows 10 i did a repair install so far so good as far as vvs goes...
  8. Event Viewer Errors

Event Viewer Errors: Win10 pro Hi, Thanks for checking this out I have 3 errors I used Reset this PC to remove files but I use a external drive for games and some directory's like desktop, Pictures, docs, and games ect… fyi I didn't use a fresh install of windows I used Reset my PC. If anyone...
  9. Event Viewer Error

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Event Viewer Error: Hi All, I updated Win8.1 to Win10, so Event Viewer will suddenly appear two windows every 10 minutes*Sad*Sad. Please see the attached figure. Would someone help me solve this problem? How can I block it? Thanks. [img] 88395
  10. Event Viewer error

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Event Viewer error: I have 599 errors of this. I have run SFC /Scannow and Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth. It didn't find any errors. I have Googled and searched here and can not find a fix. Is this something to worry about? [img] 47494

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows program not responsing event viewer