Windows 10: Is graphics card GF 8800 GTX OK for Windows 10 ?

Discus and support Is graphics card GF 8800 GTX OK for Windows 10 ? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; My old computer built several years ago is using an GF 8800 GTX card . I am wondering whether this card will have drivers for Windows 10 upgrade?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by sportflyer, Nov 30, 2015.

1. Is graphics card GF 8800 GTX OK for Windows 10 ?

My old computer built several years ago is using an GF 8800 GTX card . I am wondering whether this card will have drivers for Windows 10 upgrade? Current OS is Win 7 Pro.

I ask because when I upgraded my Sony Vaio AIO computer , Minecraft won't run for my grand kids. The integrated Graphics card was based on Intel G45 chipset and this does not have Win 10 drivers. In all other aspects the computer is fine with Win10

Tks

:)

sportflyer, Nov 30, 2015
  2. AlexAgape Win User

Video driver, FOG!

Hello,

I`m encountering an issue with the video driver, as you can see on my video: . So this is like an fog, and I`m encountering everywhere with a blank "page"
    , such as Word, Excell, and the list continues....

I have tried to reinstall the graphic card, but after 1-2 hours or an restart the problem reapears. So I was thinking that windows updates my driver, so I disabled automatic updates from System>Hardware>Device Installation Settings, and reinstalled the graphic
    card. After a couple of hours the problem reapears.... I have this problem on 6 computers, and all have different graphic cards (nVidia GF 210, GTX 560, HD 5550)

Can someone give me a hand?

AlexAgape, Nov 30, 2015
  3. Paffman4 Win User
    Stop Error

No MBR Error 1 as yet.

No other/unknown or yellow triangles.

Memory in OK, BIOS set to default.

Graphic card is a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760

Cooling is OK, Temps OK, Vents clear.

Memory test shows no issues

Paffman4, Nov 30, 2015
  4. Windows 9 Win User

Is graphics card GF 8800 GTX OK for Windows 10 ?

Drivers | GeForce

I managed to locate drivers for that card on Windows 10. So yes, it should be ok.

Windows 9, Nov 30, 2015
  5. Are the drivers available over at the Nvidia website ? Tks

BTW do you think its worth getting a newer graphics card like GTX 750 or 750 TI ?

sportflyer, Nov 30, 2015
  6. Windows 9 Win User
    geforce.com is part of nvidia's website, as it linked to by nvidia.com when locating drivers.
    If you have a PC old enough to have an 8800, you'll probably bottleneck those and would be better off getting a new build.

Windows 9, Dec 1, 2015
  7. bobkn Win User
    I'm not sure about that. The GTX 8800 was the high-end card when it was released, and a 750 ti was not. The 750 ti is supposed to be a DX12 card, and it consumes much less power than the 8800, so the system may run cooler.

Whether it's worth spending something over $100US on a system of that vintage, I can't say.

If your electricity cost was $0.20/kWh, and you ran the cards flat out all the time, your electricity savings would pay for the card in less than a year.*Wink

bobkn, Dec 2, 2015
  8. xeleron Win User

"vintage" is a relative in the It world.If it does what you need,it's good enough.I own an old q6600 with 4 gigs of ram and with a gtx 750ti I run pretty much every game at medium-high details at 1680x1050.If you don't do heavy gaming you can easily use an old 775 dual core and a mediocre GPU as a daily driver.

xeleron, Dec 5, 2015
  9. CountMike New Member
    Vintage ma not be the word indeed, manufacturers label them as " legacy" when it comes for drivers. So for anything not in production any more, one should look for Legacy Drivers,

CountMike, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Is graphics card GF 8800 GTX OK for Windows 10 ? - Similar Threads - graphics card 8800

2. Can a 1660 GTX graphic card work for "Optimizations for windowed games"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can a 1660 GTX graphic card work for "Optimizations for windowed games"?: I want to know if the option: display>Graphics> Default graphics settings, "Optimization for windowed games" work on a 1660 GTX graphic card...
  3. Can a 1660 GTX graphic card work for "Optimizations for windowed games"?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can a 1660 GTX graphic card work for "Optimizations for windowed games"?: I want to know if the option: display>Graphics> Default graphics settings, "Optimization for windowed games" work on a 1660 GTX graphic card...
  4. Graphics card GTX 980 possibly incompatible with current Windows version?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphics card GTX 980 possibly incompatible with current Windows version?: Hi,I've been getting lots of program crashes / BSODs lately surrounding corrupt files/drivers/etc, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, CACHE_MANAGER, SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, PAGE_FAULT_IN_NOPAGED_AREA, many othersI have run countless SFC scans and DISM image repairs, all of which have...
  5. Having a problem with Windows 10. GeForce GTX 1650 super Graphics Card

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Having a problem with Windows 10. GeForce GTX 1650 super Graphics Card: Hello everyone. I'm new here, but I'm joining in hopes to learn more about computers with my 14yr old son. We're already having a issue with Windows, and I was hoping someone could help us! New PC I built with my 14yr old son. So, just yesterday, when my son turned on his PC,...
  6. Windows not detecting NVIDIA GTX 960m graphics card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows not detecting NVIDIA GTX 960m graphics card: Hi community! I need some help concerning my 2nd driver for my laptop. For some reason my laptop isn't detecting my NVIDIA GPU anymore. Earlier today I noticed that whenever I right click on my desktop, the NVIDIA control panel no longer shows up in the drop-down menu. I go...
  7. Does NVIDIA Geforce 8800 GTX graphics card work with Motherboards: (in the text)

Does NVIDIA Geforce 8800 GTX graphics card work with Motherboards: (in the text): Does the NVIDIA Geforce 8800 GTX graphics card work with Motherboards: 1) ASUS B250 Mining Expert LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI B250 ATX Motherboard for Cryptocurrency Mining (BTC) with 19 PCIe Slots and USB 3.1 Gen1 2) ASRock H110 Pro BTC+ 13GPU Mining Motherboard Cryptocurrency 3)...
  8. Graphic card driver GeForce GTX 960

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Graphic card driver GeForce GTX 960: Hello MB: Gigabyte B85M-D3H BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. FD 12.08.2015. CPU: Intel Pentium CPU G3258 3,2GHz (2 cores) GPU: GeForce GTX 960 RAM: 8 GB ( 2x HyperX Fury 4GB DD3) OS: Windows 10 Home 1809 build 17763.348 I bought new SSD and after reinstallation OS...
  9. Low FPS with new GTX 980 graphics card

Low FPS with new GTX 980 graphics card: Hi, In October I bought the MSI GTX 980 graphics card as an upgrade for my Radeon R9 280x. I presumed that I would be getting a lot better performance in games since the 980 is a much more powerful card, this was the case in some games like GTA 5 where I can run the game...
  10. Possible Problem with Nvidia GTX 1050 Graphics Card

Possible Problem with Nvidia GTX 1050 Graphics Card: I am experiencing slight performance issues when my graphics card is turned on. Programs (most noticeably firefox) are slower to launch, windows file explore is slower when launched from the taskbar (start menu launch works fine), and some folders with a lot of files are...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 8800gtx windows 10

2. cant install drive for geforce 8800 gts in win 10

3. windows 10 gtx8800

4. nvidia 8800gtx wont work on windows 10,
  5. nvidia gtx 8800 not working on windows 10,
  6. sli 8800gts in windows 10,
  7. gtx 8800 windows 10,
  8. nvidia 8800 windows 10,
  9. 8800 gtx windows 10 support,
  10. nvidia geforce 8800 gts drivers,
  11. is my graphics card ok for windows 10