Windows 10: Is IncrediMail Safe?

Discus and support Is IncrediMail Safe? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Does anyone know anything about IncrediMail? I used to use it with WinME, but recently I downloaded it and NOD32 called it "A potentially unwanted... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by gregyurkon, Feb 25, 2016.

1. Is IncrediMail Safe?

Does anyone know anything about IncrediMail? I used to use it with WinME, but recently I downloaded it and NOD32 called it "A potentially unwanted application."

:)

gregyurkon, Feb 25, 2016

2. Incredimail crashes upon starting after a recent update

Original title: incredimail/windows 10

Upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10.

Incredimail worked on both versions until a recent update, when Incredimail crashes upon starting. Incredimails' fix just starts incredimail and it crashes again. Tried a new install of flash plAYER BUT both Edge and Chrome result in "flash is already activated,
    and I cannot download or reinstall flash player. Anyone have any ideas???

GordonCase, Feb 25, 2016
  3. StanbyYP Win User
    Error 1714 The older version of Incredimail cannot be removed

Hi Anthony

Trying to uninstall Incredimail 2.0

No response from Incredimail since I sent a screenshot of the 1714 error

Uninstall says there is nothing to remove! There is an Incredimail icon but no size details, ie there is nothing there.

But when trying to do a new install, 1714 comes up.

As the Incredimail is my wife's email of choice, am close to the doghouse!

StanbyYP, Feb 25, 2016
  4. WHS
    whs Win User

Is IncrediMail Safe?

It is malware - at least in my book.

5. davidhk Win User
    I used it when I had the Vista. That's about 5 years ago.
    Like most people, I used it because of the fascination of the Smileys etc. they were so , well, unbelievable.
    Unfortunately, that is where the danger lies, such as waywayworld or something like that hiding in the registry.
    It busted up my computer and I had to start everything from scratch....... factory settings and all that craps.

That said, it was 5 years ago.
    Since it is still alive and kicking, maybe it is safe now, but I won't try again.

davidhk, Feb 25, 2016
  6. LMiller7 Win User
    I first became aware of IncrediMail back in Windows 98 days. I never used it my self but my brother did. He wasn't much impressed and found it very difficult to fully remove, having created a large number of registry entries for some purpose or other. Apparently his experience wasn't unique. Apparently people still have such problems.

LMiller7, Feb 25, 2016
  7. I guess maybe it was the reason I had to reinstall WinME about once a month.

gregyurkon, Feb 25, 2016
  8. Is IncrediMail Safe?

I used to use incredimail until I found out that it was not as good as the Mail App,
    Also they keep pressing to upgrade and pay for the extra apps
    Also it did keep freezing if too many e-mails came through
    I had only just paid a years subscription when I dumped it.
    Also be warned once on your system it takes a lot to get rid of it
    I had to go right into Programs to get rid of it and use Revo Uninstaller to get all traces of it,
    They do not keep it up to date and there have been a lot of problems with it lately
    My Advise steer well clear of it.

hTconeM9user, Feb 25, 2016
  9. I didn't know it was even possible to write something which is not as good as the Mail App.

gregyurkon, Feb 25, 2016
  10. WHS
    whs Win User
    Absolutely. It can be a real pita once you allow it on your system.

11. Barman58 Win User
    PUPs or potentially unwanted programs are programs which the developers of the security, or browser software, in their opinion, either contain dangerous or potentially dangerous routines or components.

These can often not be the main program at all, but one of the many free little extras that developers, (or more often than not download sites), add into the installer in order to help pay their bills. You need to research what is included in the installer, (choose the advanced not the express install, so that all options are displayed), and decide if you want to exclude all or some of the program parts.

Some software can of course be considered as a PUP for possible dangerous or suspect within the actual software. the security software should have a what is this or more info option to check why they consider the item a pup - use this to decide yourself if you wish to continue with the install.

I have a few PUPs on my system, one of my security suits flag some of my professional software, Mostly security orientated, as pups but I continue to use them without issues

Personally I use Thunderbird for a local email client but actually spend more time using the Web Based mail app - if you decide you are not sure about Incredimail have a look at Thunderbird or one of the other clients available

Barman58, Feb 25, 2016
  12. I guess I'll test it in a VM and see what happens.

As far as Thunderbird is concerned, that's what I'm currently using, but I'm tired of spending up to a week at their "support" forum every time I have a problem.

gregyurkon, Feb 26, 2016
  13. BunnyJ New Member

Is IncrediMail Safe?

BunnyJ, Feb 26, 2016
  14. gregyurkon, Feb 26, 2016
  15. z3r010 Win User
    z3r010, Feb 26, 2016
Thema:

Is IncrediMail Safe?

1. Is IncrediMail Safe? - Similar Threads - IncrediMail Safe

2. syncing my gmail account with Incredimail account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    syncing my gmail account with Incredimail account: I am having trouble syncing my gmail account with my Incredimail account. I keep getting an error saying couldn't be signed in because my browser may be faulty Chrome and to try another browser. Also a pop up that says the script on the page is faulty and do I want to run...
  3. Syncing Gmail to Incredimail

in Browsers and Email
    Syncing Gmail to Incredimail: I have used Incredimail for many years using another provider. However, when I recently bundled with another provider I lost that privilege. I am having difficulty setting it up because I cannot find the correct input/output servers and ports. Nothing seems to work. Any...
  4. Peazip Attachments will not go to incredimail program.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Peazip Attachments will not go to incredimail program.: In Windows 8.1 I was able to peazip files for email using incredimail, I lost every thing through a faulty hard drive, since upgrading to Windows 10 pro fined I am unable to zip files for email via incredimail, fault info suggests a solution should be in the control Panel,...
  5. IncrediMail file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    IncrediMail file: Where did my IncrediMail desktop file go? I have been having a problem with IncrediMail since Feb. 13th as I have been unable to open my desktop file. However, for some reason, I believe I may have uninstalled IncrediMail and have been trying to restore or reinstall same....
  6. i want to install CSV incredimail contact list into outlook please advise

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i want to install CSV incredimail contact list into outlook please advise: I would like to install CSV contact list into outlook contacts how do I do it please.i have it on usb https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-install-csv-incredimail-contact-list/07f365f4-1409-4c86-83ba-1e570c0ca68d
  7. Gmail folders don't show after importing to Incredimail

in Browsers and Email
    Gmail folders don't show after importing to Incredimail: It's a bit confusing to explain, but I have my gmail coming into my mail program on my computer (livemail) and I have made folders in that mail program. When I go to the gmail website if I'm out and away from my computer, I can't see the folders. This is really inconvenient...
  8. .ima in incredimail

in Browsers and Email
    .ima in incredimail: Hello all, i use incredimail and since this official release of win 10 I keep getting an error message telling me "icredimail needs to be assoscsated with .ima file s do you want to assocciate it YES/NO" no matter what select I still get this error. I had this with some of...
  9. incredimail reinstall

in Browsers and Email
    incredimail reinstall: hello all, I am trying to reinstall incredimail but i keep getting the message " a later version already exits and it cannot continue" I uninstalled the old oneusing windows uninstall and tried using cclean and Iobit uninstaler. i have tried in safe mode and deleted it from...
  10. How do I get Incredimail to work with Yahoo Plus for Win 10 in 2018?

in Browsers and Email
    How do I get Incredimail to work with Yahoo Plus for Win 10 in 2018?: I don't like the updated smilies that Yahoo mail now offers. I did some searching and found this client, "Incredimail," which has over a thousand smilies and looks like a lot of fun to use. I can't get it to work with my Yahoo Plus account. All answers I have found date...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is incredimail safe

2. Is incredimail safe to use?