Windows 10: Is Internet Connection Sharing else than in W7?

Discus and support Is Internet Connection Sharing else than in W7? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I used ICS to share my 3G connection to router in Windows Seven, everything was right, i plugged ethernet cable to WAN port and enabled ICS, my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by G910, Sep 15, 2015.

1. G910 Win User

Is Internet Connection Sharing else than in W7?

Hi, I used ICS to share my 3G connection to router in Windows Seven, everything was right, i plugged ethernet cable to WAN port and enabled ICS, my WiFi worked. But now, when I updated to W10, nothin is right ;-)
    Is something changed in ICS in this version of OS? Do I have to change some settings on router?

:)

2. Internet Connection sharing is still in starting status

Hi Team,

I have created a local network to share internet. I had to force end the task while sharing the Ethernet under Network connections --> Ethernet --> properties --> Sharing --> local area connection* 11 as it was taking time. Since then error messages are
    getting popped up whenever i try sharing the internet as below.

Is Internet Connection Sharing else than in W7? [​IMG]

After clicking OK and proceeding further another error message pops up stating as below.

Have checked the services and could see that the Internet Connection Sharing is in starting status.

Tried all sort of means mentioned in different threads over the forum but in vain. Request you to help me out. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Lawrence.

lawrencemarati, Sep 15, 2015
  3. lacrumb Win User
    Internet Connection sharing is still in starting status

Do you have a router? If so why share through the computer. Use the router for their Wi-Fi connection. Or if they are located close by use Ethernet cable from the router.

lacrumb, Sep 15, 2015
Thema:

Is Internet Connection Sharing else than in W7?

1. Is Internet Connection Sharing else than in W7? - Similar Threads - Internet Connection Sharing

2. Internet connection sharing explanation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet connection sharing explanation: I have 2 computers, both homebuilt, one is my HTPC running Win 10 Pro, the other is a Linux Mint 20 desktop. I travel when working and stay in AirBnB's. I have a Netgear Nighthawk dual-band wireless adapter which I connect USB to the HTPC. I then run a Cat 6 cable between the...
  3. Internet Connection Sharing, ICS, stops sharing the connection to internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Connection Sharing, ICS, stops sharing the connection to internet: Summary:We are experiencing intermittent issues with ICS Internet Connection Sharing and have a hard time figuring out the root cause. The setup is as follows: 1. The PC Host is connected to a RNDIS device Device via USB cable2. The RNDIS Device, when connected creates a...
  4. Internet Connection Sharing, ICS, stops sharing the connection to internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet Connection Sharing, ICS, stops sharing the connection to internet: Summary:We are experiencing intermittent issues with ICS Internet Connection Sharing and have a hard time figuring out the root cause. The setup is as follows: 1. The PC Host is connected to a RNDIS device Device via USB cable2. The RNDIS Device, when connected creates a...
  5. Internet Connection Sharing, ICS, stops sharing the connection to internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Share internet connection

Share internet connection: Hi,My internet connection is down for a couple of days. Not sure why but a technician is coming. In the mean time I was thinking that maybe my iphone can share its mobile data connection to my local network. The router is working with DHCP service, only Internet is down. I am...
  7. internet connect sharing

internet connect sharing: every time i start pc and try to run the internet on the ethernet device it doesnt work until i toggle internet connect sharing on and of again then it works but then next time i turn my computer on it wont work even thought it displays that internet connect sharing is on and...
  8. shared internet connection

in Windows 10 Customization
    shared internet connection: What setup is needed to share an internet connection with iPad Mini 2 usb connected with windows 10 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shared-internet-connection/99d78a1e-772e-4816-8051-efbc0180b9ca
  9. Internet Connection Sharing

Internet Connection Sharing: Im trying to internet connection sharing and once i apply it, it won't save or work after applying [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-connection-sharing/52064752-1d35-419a-904b-9960ee67b01e
  10. sharing internet connection

in Windows 10 Customization
    sharing internet connection: what is the importance of sharing internet connection with other pc's? Why do I want to allow my computer to upload to other pc's? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sharing-internet-connection/c660e274-6ce1-4cdf-a576-90f6a2d2d771