Windows 10: Is it just me ?

Discus and support Is it just me ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; One thing i noticed about Windows 10 performance, Disk Cleanup runs much faster then in Windows 8.1. 16351 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jds63, Aug 14, 2015.

1. jds63 Win User

Is it just me ?

One thing i noticed about Windows 10 performance, Disk Cleanup runs much faster then in Windows 8.1.

:)

jds63, Aug 14, 2015
  2. Arul_D Win User

Is it just me?

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

We regret for the inconvenience. I suggest you to inform us which all commands have you tried so far which were unable to execute, providing a screenshot would be a good option.

Refer to the following link for help:

How to include a screenshot in your post

Also, I would suggest you to type help in command prompt and see the results and check.

Reply with the information and we'll be happy to assist.

Arul_D, Aug 14, 2015
  3. Is it just me....

I am just going to look for a new browser. This is waste of time! Please consider this "answered"

Heathergreeneyes, Aug 14, 2015
  4. Bazz Win User

Is it just me ?

I have only ran it once just to get rid of my windows old folder and yes it ran quick, I normally use CCleaner for cleaning up the disk as a regular tool.

5. Praxis Win User
    By golly you`re right!

Praxis, Aug 14, 2015
  6. Superfly Win User
    Yes there has been huge improvements in that - a lot has to do with the built in mechanism Compact.exe, which compresses files thus making cleanup a lot faster. It's an awesome utlity, but that's a different topic.

Superfly, Aug 14, 2015
  7. Dude Win User
    Agreed, one of many improvements

8. jds63 Win User

Is it just me ?

So do i, but like to use this also and even after windows updates.

jds63, Aug 14, 2015
  9. jds63 Win User
    Informative ! ty

jds63, Aug 14, 2015
  10. topgundcp Win User
    I normally run it in extended mode from Admin command prompt, gives more options:
    %SystemRoot%\System32\Cmd.exe /c Cleanmgr /sageset:35 & Cleanmgr /sagerun:35

topgundcp, Aug 14, 2015
  11. tcman50 Win User
    In general I find Windows 10 runs faster than Windows 8.1, very pleased so far.

TC *Smile

tcman50, Aug 14, 2015
  12. XweAponX Win User
    One thing I noticed, is that the 3rd party Disk Optimizers for Windows 10 no longer "defragment" a drive, instead they "reclaim space". I have Perfect Storage running on a schedule and it's reclaimed a lot of space so far.

XweAponX, Aug 14, 2015
  13. Bazz Win User

Is it just me ?

I wouldn't know as SSD drives are not allowed to be optimized.

14. jds63 Win User
    Interesting take note on this,save it to try.

jds63, Aug 14, 2015
  15. jds63 Win User
    Do call it optimize in Windows 10 & 8.1, even though it trims SSD, will defragment a HDD, as does not defrag an SSD.

Is it just me ? [​IMG]

jds63, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Is it just me ?