Windows 10: Is it OK to upgrade to Windows 10 on Overclocked PC

Discus and support Is it OK to upgrade to Windows 10 on Overclocked PC in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I'm running Windows 7 on overclocked system...will there be any problem to upgrade to Windows 10 on overclocked system??? And how can I clean... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lleonidas004, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Is it OK to upgrade to Windows 10 on Overclocked PC

Hi,

I'm running Windows 7 on overclocked system...will there be any problem to upgrade to Windows 10 on overclocked system??? And how can I clean install Windows 10 instead of upgrade.

My mobo is ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE...still no new driver...sigh....

:)

lleonidas004, Jul 30, 2015

2. is it ok to upgrade to windows 10 using media creation tool?

I reserved my copy of windows 10 ,Reservation is confirmed now but i am unable to download it using windows update,getting code error 80004005 again and again.Now i downloaded media creation tool to upgrade to windows 10. I just want to confirm will it be
    a same error free upgrade?

sheikhmuzammil_89, Jul 30, 2015
  3. is it ok to upgrade to windows 10 using media creation tool?

Hi Sheikh,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

The media creation tool can be used to upgrade your current PC to Windows 10 or to create a USB or DVD and install Windows 10 on a different PC.

Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool: Windows 10 herunterladen

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Jul 30, 2015
  4. Is it OK to upgrade to Windows 10 on Overclocked PC

Overclocked should have no bearing on installing an OS. As for a "clean installing"... it's recommended that you do an upgrade first. If you opt to try and clean install without upgrading first... your product key might not be recognized and now your stuck reinstalling 7, upgrading to 10... then clean installing. So your better off doing the upgrade and then clean install.

MortTheBeast, Jul 30, 2015
  5. SgtSilock Win User
    None at all, go ahead and install it.

SgtSilock, Jul 30, 2015
  6. bobkn Win User
    The Windows installer won't know that you system is overclocked. If it's stable, it ought to be safe.

If you're a worrier, note all of your OC settings. (Some BIOSes permit saving them as a configuration.) Switch to the optimized defaults, upgrade, and re-OC it.

If you wish to use the free Win 10 upgrade, you have to upgrade a qualifying OS once, and activate. (Make sure to keep all files, settings, and applications, or it may not activate.) If you succeed in that once, you may clean install and activate Win 10 on the same hardware. No Win 10 license key is provided, or needed. This is something of an annoyance, but it's the price of free.

bobkn, Jul 30, 2015
  7. How about drivers...on get windows 10 message...it says that my broadcom virtual wireless adapter is not compatible...

Try to find windows 10 in asus website but not available...does anybody else have these problem??

lleonidas004, Aug 8, 2015
  8. NUS
    Nus Win User

Is it OK to upgrade to Windows 10 on Overclocked PC

You may not even use that virtual wireless adapter, it's used for things like connecting to multiple wifi networks or creating a wifi hotspot on your PC. If you don't use it then just disable it to avoid any issues during the upgrade. Chances are you can get it working in Win 10 if you need it.

As for the motherboard it depends how finicky it is. All the core functionality should be fine and any special Asus features like probe will probably still work with the 8.1 drivers anyway.

I've installed Win 10 on a board with no driver updates for 6 years and no 'support' for Win 8 and everything was fine.

9. Thanks a lot you guys....and thanks Nus..about the virtual wireless adapter...I will try to clean install windows 10 and come back later

lleonidas004, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Is it OK to upgrade to Windows 10 on Overclocked PC

1. Is it OK to upgrade to Windows 10 on Overclocked PC - Similar Threads - upgrade Overclocked

2. Windows 10 to Windows 11 upgrade stuck at 64%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 to Windows 11 upgrade stuck at 64%: Hi! I just did a fresh install of windows 10 yesterday to hopefully get a functional install to run with but after 24+ hrs of troubleshooting and fixing i finally got windows 10 ready and functional and decided to upgrade to windows 11, currently the update is stuck at 64%...
  3. Windows 10 to Windows 11 upgrade stuck at 64%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 to Windows 11 upgrade stuck at 64%: Hi! I just did a fresh install of windows 10 yesterday to hopefully get a functional install to run with but after 24+ hrs of troubleshooting and fixing i finally got windows 10 ready and functional and decided to upgrade to windows 11, currently the update is stuck at 64%...
  4. HDMI not working after upgrading to windows 10

HDMI not working after upgrading to windows 10: My laptop has a broken screen and i use HDMI to connect it to TV screen. i upgraded to windows 10 and now i cant switch screens again, tried Win + P and it doesnt work, i think im in middle of upgrade because i can barely see little blue window on top of my screen and it...
  5. HDMI not working after upgrading to windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    HDMI not working after upgrading to windows 10: My laptop has a broken screen and i use HDMI to connect it to TV screen. i upgraded to windows 10 and now i cant switch screens again, tried Win + P and it doesnt work, i think im in middle of upgrade because i can barely see little blue window on top of my screen and it...
  6. HDMI not working after upgrading to windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Upgrade Windows 8.1 desktop to Windows 10

Upgrade Windows 8.1 desktop to Windows 10: I have a ZT Systems i7 desktop running Windows 8.1 that performs beautifully - better than my i7 Windows 10 Dell laptop. However, I need to switch it to Windows 10. I missed the free upgrade opportunity, so I guess I need to buy a Windows 10 Key. I downloaded the ISO from...
  8. Upgrade Windows 8.1 desktop to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade Windows 8.1 desktop to Windows 10: I have a ZT Systems i7 desktop running Windows 8.1 that performs beautifully - better than my i7 Windows 10 Dell laptop. However, I need to switch it to Windows 10. I missed the free upgrade opportunity, so I guess I need to buy a Windows 10 Key. I downloaded the ISO from...
  9. Upgrading Ram - No beep - Overclocking needed?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading Ram - No beep - Overclocking needed?: Hey all! So basically I bought some new ram because I was having issues with my old ones. I bought 3 of the KVR16N11/4 and put them in the channels A1, B1 and C1. When I turned on my pc I got no beeps. I'm positive the ram is compatible, I did a lot of prior research, the...
  10. I did A GPU upgrade and I feel No Difference, should I Overclock CPU?

in Windows 10 Support
    I did A GPU upgrade and I feel No Difference, should I Overclock CPU?: I upgraded my Computer's gtx 730 2 GB straight to a gtx 1030 2 GB, (which is remarkable in allowing me now to play Doom 4 and things like that,) however, somehow I still have to enforce things like performance mode, and other forced performance modes and Razor cortex-esc...