Windows 10: Is it possible sort the start menu tiles alphabetically?

Discus and support Is it possible sort the start menu tiles alphabetically? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This has been a long standing issue for me in Windows 10 so I am wondering if there is a trick or some 3rd party program that will allow you to sort a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Darkness Muta, Jul 1, 2017.

1. Is it possible sort the start menu tiles alphabetically?

This has been a long standing issue for me in Windows 10 so I am wondering if there is a trick or some 3rd party program that will allow you to sort a section of tiles alphabetically like you would do with a folder in explorer. For example, I have a tile folder called Games with a bunch of pinned tiles inside but every time I add a new one I then need to rearrange them all one by one to get them all back into alphabetical order. Any help or info would be appreciated.

:)

Darkness Muta, Jul 1, 2017
  2. BulldogXX Win User

windows 10 tiles

In Start (the right side) you can sort the tiles any way you like. In the Start menu (left side) everything is sorted alphabetically in All apps.

BulldogXX, Jul 1, 2017
  3. SteveBKJ Win User
    Is it Possible to sort MS edge bookmarks a-z instead of z-a?

MICROSOFT Development:

Fix this - Sort bookmarks in EDGE; without this feature an otherwise useful browser is a terrible product that really sucks.

SteveBKJ, Jul 1, 2017
  4. Edwin New Member

Is it possible sort the start menu tiles alphabetically?

Apparently not, the option is so freaking quirky!
    I have to set them in the preferred order manually as well.
    Suggest: create a List folder of your own as per screenshot (left side)

Is it possible sort the start menu tiles alphabetically? [​IMG]

Edwin, Jul 1, 2017
  5. Thanks as I was hoping maybe after 2 years there would be some way to make the pinned tile icons on the right be able to be alphabetized especially now that you can stack them onto each other and make folders of tiles so for something like Games you may have a lot of tiles there (or at least I do). It is so surprising that this is still beyond something Microsoft can figure out how to do.

Darkness Muta, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Is it possible sort the start menu tiles alphabetically?

1. Is it possible sort the start menu tiles alphabetically? - Similar Threads - possible sort start

2. Is it possible to add a folder to the start menu tiles?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to add a folder to the start menu tiles?: I want to add my Screenshots folder to the "productivity" section of the start menu. Like this: https://i.imgur.com/JOHh91y.jpg It doesn't let me add it anywhere in the start menu though. I've googled around and still don't know if windows allows you to do that. Does...
  3. New Alphabetic Sorting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New Alphabetic Sorting: Sorted by name my files in name sort are now coming up in groups such as:0-9 1A-H 10Is there any way of just showing them like they used to be, all in one continuous list?Many thanks for nay help....
  4. New Alphabetic Sorting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Alphabetic Sorting: Sorted by name my files in name sort are now coming up in groups such as:0-9 1A-H 10Is there any way of just showing them like they used to be, all in one continuous list?Many thanks for nay help....
  5. New Alphabetic Sorting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Sorting Start screen tiles

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sorting Start screen tiles: Is there no means to sort tiles alphabetically in a Start screen named group? It seems archaic to have to rearrange tiles by hand every time I add a new one, simply to maintain their alphabetic order. 49361
  7. Alphabets in my Start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Alphabets in my Start menu: Hi, Curious if anybody knows of a way to turn off the Alphabet letters in the start menu. I know if I click on them they bring up all of the letters and it lets' me get to the letter in question but I've got a hyperscroll mouse so it only takes one flick to get from one...
  8. How do you alphabetize the pinned tiles in the Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do you alphabetize the pinned tiles in the Start Menu?: Each time I pin a new program, it shows up at the bottom of the list. Is there a way to alphabetize this list automatically, instead of doing it manually? Thanks 49414
  9. windows 10 anniversery update - start menu alphabetical sorting!

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 anniversery update - start menu alphabetical sorting!: please can someone explain how i get rid of this crap please! i wish for my start menu to be organized, small, and clean and not cluttered! i wish i could take it back to before where i would just click all apps or hell even type the name in search but im honestly stumped!...
  10. Start menu not in alphabetical order

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu not in alphabetical order: Hello, I normally organize and rename the shortcuts in the start menu (in the folder ...\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu) to shorter or more memorable names. However, my start menu is not in alphabetical order anymore. For example: I've renamed "Adobe Photoshop...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can tiles in start menu be organized alphabetically ?