Windows 10: Is it possible to add a old style coloured border on a window

Discus and support Is it possible to add a old style coloured border on a window in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Much as I like the new windows 10, I find if I have a few windows open and overlapped then it's far to easy to close the wrong window. And the reason... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by vexorg, Oct 26, 2015.

1. vexorg Win User

Is it possible to add a old style coloured border on a window

Much as I like the new windows 10, I find if I have a few windows open and overlapped then it's far to easy to close the wrong window. And the reason is that the whole washed out white and no window borders mean one window looks like it's another window when overlapped.

What would be great is if I could get a blue (or whatever) border back on the window so that it'a much easier to see which window is which. Is it possible without any third party stuff?

:)

vexorg, Oct 26, 2015
  2. Thanatica Win User

Consolidate context menu styles

The style for context menus need to be consolidated. There are current three different styles:

• Right-click on an empty region of the taskbar: you will get a black context menu with a light border and no icons, which fades in and out.
    • Right-click on a taskbar app button: you will get a black context menu without border but with monotone icons, which slides in and out from the bottom.
    • Right-click on the desktop and most other places: you will get a bright-grey context menu with coloured icons, which fades in and out.

Like I said, there is no need to maintain three different styles for a visual element that is the result of three identical user interactions, only in different places. These three styles come with a virgin installation of Windows 10, which can make it confusing
    to new and upgraded users why the colour and such is suddenly different for essentially the same 'thing'.

To reiterate, differences in:

• Background colour
    • Text colour
    • Border style
    • Hide- and show animation
    • Coloured icons, monotone icons, or no icons

Why not make these the same for every context menu? It's easier to maintain (for Microsoft devs) and easier on the user experience (for your valued customers).

Thanatica, Oct 26, 2015
  3. MD_Opt Win User
    How can I change the Border size of desktop windows in Windows 10

Add me to the list wanting to control border width and colour of windows AND hyper-V windows.

MD_Opt, Oct 26, 2015
  4. Cliff S New Member
  5. vexorg Win User
    Very retro, they aint pretty, kind of windows 3.0 kind of feel.

How hard can it be to leave a win7 or xp look theme in there for those that don't like the new looks.

vexorg, Oct 26, 2015
  6. spapakons Win User
    Use the Aerolite theme to have the menu bar colored. Then use the Aero Glass to get transparency and 3D look of the buttons. Only disadvantage is the watermark bottom right that goes away if you donate. This is a sample when you install Aero Glass:

Is it possible to add a old style coloured border on a window [​IMG]

Far better than the flat and all-black outline of the original... You can also tweak the size of the menu bar, the scroll bar and all the system fonts using Winaero Tweaker. You can even extract all icons from Windows 7 or 8.1 system files and then replace the flat ugly Windows 10 icons at the respective system files using Customizer God. *Cool

spapakons, Oct 28, 2015
  7. Edwin New Member
    Aerolite and AeroGlass works pretty nice.

Is it possible to add a old style coloured border on a window [​IMG]

Edwin, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Is it possible to add a old style coloured border on a window

1. Is it possible to add a old style coloured border on a window - Similar Threads - possible add old

2. Is it possible to convert old C drive to the modern style?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to convert old C drive to the modern style?: Is it possible to convert an old C drive, single boot partition, to the EFI, OS, recovery partitioning style? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-possible-to-convert-old-c-drive-to-the/d4865596-7fb8-41e4-a317-c8b7274b2090
  3. Is it possible to convert old C drive to the modern style?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to convert old C drive to the modern style?: Is it possible to convert an old C drive, single boot partition, to the EFI, OS, recovery partitioning style? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-possible-to-convert-old-c-drive-to-the/d4865596-7fb8-41e4-a317-c8b7274b2090
  4. Is it possible to convert old C drive to the modern style?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windowed Mode Frame/Border Colour

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windowed Mode Frame/Border Colour: Hi All,Quick question, hoping someone can help - I want to change the colour of the frame when in windowed mode. The frame/border I want to change is the example blue above.This is not controlled by colour selection in Personalise -> Colours -> Title bars and window borders....
  6. Old style start menu

Old style start menu: Is it possible to switch the current start menu back to the old style start menu ? If so, how can it be done ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/old-style-start-menu/80ed68cc-87ea-4c18-bb6f-5bdb226476ba
  7. Add borders to windows?

in Windows 10 Support
    Add borders to windows?: I have spent the longest time (if you add it all up over the past few weeks) trying to find out how to get borders to my application/Explorer windows in Windows 10, as I have in Windows 7. I have experimented with no end of settings as recommended by any number of posts I...
  8. OLd style desktop

OLd style desktop: Since last update, my old desktop with icons has disappeared leaving only the new multicoloured desktop. When restart computer, the old icons make a brief appearance and then the screen darkens and goes onto new desktop. Have tried going through themes and settings but has...
  9. Sub Menu Border and Colour Customisation

Sub Menu Border and Colour Customisation: Hi all, I'm wondering if you can help me with the issues I'm having with Windows 10. I recently did a reinstallation and since doing so, I'm unable to rectify 2 issues I'm having. The first is my system tray icons and sub menus for task bar icons having a 1px border...
  10. Independent taskbar and window border colours?

Independent taskbar and window border colours?: One of the things I find most annoying about Windows 7, being a long-time XP user, is the lack of independent colour settings for the various GUI elements, for example, the taskbar, active window title bar and active window border colours are not separately settable. I see no...