Windows 10: Is it possible to add apps to "Most Used" in the Start menu?

Discus and support Is it possible to add apps to "Most Used" in the Start menu? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; If so, could someone please show me how to do it? I removed a couple of apps from there and they either get replaced by a random program or disappear.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Chips237, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Chips237 Win User

Is it possible to add apps to "Most Used" in the Start menu?

If so, could someone please show me how to do it? I removed a couple of apps from there and they either get replaced by a random program or disappear.

:)

Chips237, Aug 9, 2015

2. How to add apps to the most used apps list on the startup menu in Windows 10?

There are 6 apps listed as most used. How do I add more? I'd like to have about 10 or 12.

JessieHerr, Aug 9, 2015
  3. How to add apps to the most used apps list on the startup menu in Windows 10?

Hi Jessie,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you would like to increase the number of apps listed under Most used app in the start menu in Windows 10. I will be glad to assist you.

I would like to inform you that you cannot increase the number of apps situated under the Most used apps. The maximum number of apps which it can show at a time is 6. The number of apps you go on using recently, it will be shown
    rotation by rotation in the most used apps but at a time it can show you only 6 most recent apps that you have used.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further assistance, please do let us know and we would be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Aug 9, 2015
  4. Is it possible to add apps to "Most Used" in the Start menu?

It's not possible, sorry.
    Even on a third party start menu replacement, there won't be an option to add to the 'Most Used' folder.
    The task bar really is the best place for your most popular/used programs.

teachermark, Aug 9, 2015
Thema:

Is it possible to add apps to "Most Used" in the Start menu?

1. Is it possible to add apps to "Most Used" in the Start menu? - Similar Threads - possible add apps

2. Is it possible to add a folder to the start menu tiles?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to add a folder to the start menu tiles?: I want to add my Screenshots folder to the "productivity" section of the start menu. Like this: https://i.imgur.com/JOHh91y.jpg It doesn't let me add it anywhere in the start menu though. I've googled around and still don't know if windows allows you to do that. Does...
  3. Most used apps disappeared from Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Most used apps disappeared from Start Menu: Today I noticed that "most used apps" no longer appeared in my Start Menu. I toggled the three bars in the upper right corner, but they did not appear. Then I checked Settings-Personalization-Start to make sure that "most used apps" were still enabled. They are. My Win 10 is...
  4. Windows 10 - Start Menu - Most used Apps listing

Windows 10 - Start Menu - Most used Apps listing: I have enabled the ALL my Settings > Personalisation > Start options. My Settings > Privacy >General options are also ALL enabled. I do not have most used listing or recently added listing displayed. Please help me fix this problem...
  5. Reset Start Menu Most Used Apps In Windows 10

Reset Start Menu Most Used Apps In Windows 10: Hi, I have finally found a simple way to reset Start menu Most Used Apps in Windows 10. To reset it please follow these steps: Open Start menu > Launch Settings app >Privacy >General >Disable (Allow Windows to track app launches to improve Start and search results)>...
  6. "Most used" list (in Start Menu) is problematic

"Most used" list (in Start Menu) is problematic: 1) I use Word much more often than others in the list. Why is it not displaying? 2) Can I add to the number of apps which are displayed? 39357
  7. Start Menu Most Used - App Stuck & Won't Remove :/

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Most Used - App Stuck & Won't Remove :/: Hello all, Using Windows 10 v1511. I have recently uninstalled an app by right-clicking on the start menu and selecting Uninstall. However, the tile (albeit a blank one) is stuck in the Most Used list in the Start Menu. No matter how many times I right-click on it and...
  8. Start Menu "Most Used" stopped functioning in every possible way.

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu "Most Used" stopped functioning in every possible way.: Not only do new most used apps not update on the start menu, but I am not able to right-click/more/don't show in this list anymore either...it simply does nothing. If I go into settings and try to disable the feature all together, it does nothing...the most used apps remain....
  9. Add or Remove Most Used Apps from Start Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Most Used Apps from Start Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Most Used Apps from Start Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Most Used apps on Start Menu in Windows 10 The Most used group on your Start menu All apps list will show up to 6 of your frequently opened apps to make it easier to open them from...
  10. How to Add Items to "Most Used" menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Add Items to "Most Used" menu?: Dear experts One of the benefits of Windows10 that returned back from Windows7 is the Recent Menus. Unfortunately, this feature is associated with the "Most Used" section in the Start Menu. As most users, I used Office application frequently, Word, Excel, PowerPoint,...