Windows 10: Is it possible to add FILES to Quick Access?

Discus and support Is it possible to add FILES to Quick Access? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Seems like only folders can be added to Quick Access but I'd like to pin a handful of files (Word docs) which I access frequently. Is there a way to do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by orlando1974, Mar 26, 2016.

1. Is it possible to add FILES to Quick Access?

Seems like only folders can be added to Quick Access but I'd like to pin a handful of files (Word docs) which I access frequently. Is there a way to do it?

:)

orlando1974, Mar 26, 2016
  2. jmhar0520 Win User

Is it possible to add a custom image to pop ups created with a batch file.

1.) I am referring to like a instruction file that you can create by saving a Notepad document as a .bat file they are very useful for carrying out multiple commands in CMD in turn.

2.) The pop ups I am referring to are like windows error messages that you receive when a driver doesn't work or When a program crashes. They look something like this,

Is it possible to add FILES to Quick Access? [​IMG]

but with a title, text and options in the boxes.

Lastly, if it is not possible to add an image to this, do you know of another way to create custom pop ups that can have images?

jmhar0520, Mar 26, 2016
  3. jmhar0520 Win User
    Is it possible to add a custom image to pop ups created with a batch file.

I have a question about custom pop ups created with a batch file. I want to know if it is possible to add a custom image to pop ups created with a batch file?

Original Title: batch files

jmhar0520, Mar 26, 2016
  4. WHS
    whs Win User

Is it possible to add FILES to Quick Access?

5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Mar 26, 2016
  6. Thanks Brink.... but because these 4 files live in different locations on my system and will continuously evolve, I prefer to keep them in their current location. I think I'll send shortcuts to them from the desktop....that is, until Microsoft gives us the ability to add files to Quick Access. I'm a bit surprised why that functionality is not currently available!

7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Mar 26, 2016
  8. Is it possible to add FILES to Quick Access?

Easily. Context Menu (right-click), add whatever to quick access

johnwerneken, Mar 26, 2016
  9. OK I think this is the best solution at the moment for FILES to have some sort of quick access. Otherwise I will create PDFs and put them in Evernote.

10. AndreTen Win User
    You could pin them to context menu of Word. First you have to pin Word to taskbar, then you can manage the pinned files..
    But have no idea about Quick Access - you can have a list of recent files there. So if you clean this list and after that start your files, they will be there.

AndreTen, Mar 26, 2016
  11. Thanks for this other option about pinning them to context menu of Word. I had not thought about this.

12. AndreTen Win User
    You're welcome! This is how I do it. After the project is done, start with the new one.

AndreTen, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Is it possible to add FILES to Quick Access?

1. Is it possible to add FILES to Quick Access? - Similar Threads - possible add FILES

2. How to add a shortcut file into windows 11 quick access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to add a shortcut file into windows 11 quick access: So I have a shortcut file, and i want to pin that on to my quick access, i dont want to add a folder, and right clicking does not show any pin to quick access. is this possible?...
  3. How to add a shortcut file into windows 11 quick access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to add a shortcut file into windows 11 quick access: So I have a shortcut file, and i want to pin that on to my quick access, i dont want to add a folder, and right clicking does not show any pin to quick access. is this possible?...
  4. File explorer will not add individual file to quick access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer will not add individual file to quick access: I have a individual Excel file that used to appear in quick access. For some unknown reason it no longer appears in Quick Access. I've tried pinning but that only works with file folders. I reset the defaults in Quick Access with no effect. I'm at a loss as to why this...
  5. File explorer will not add individual file to quick access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer will not add individual file to quick access: I have a individual Excel file that used to appear in quick access. For some unknown reason it no longer appears in Quick Access. I've tried pinning but that only works with file folders. I reset the defaults in Quick Access with no effect. I'm at a loss as to why this...
  6. Quick access - files and folders dropping from Quick access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick access - files and folders dropping from Quick access: I use Quick access a lot. I have a system on which I reloaded windows and the files and folders I pin to Quick Access drop off. I haven't been able to find a specific action I am taking that makes them drop off. Some time it takes a while a day and sometimes it is much...
  7. Is it possible to display more than 20 recent files in Quick Access?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to display more than 20 recent files in Quick Access?: Is there a way to increase the number of recent files that are shown in quick access? I'm going through all the different folder options but I'm not seeing it anywhere. submitted by /u/k1lluminat1 [link] [comments]...
  8. Quick Access cannot add files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick Access cannot add files: I cannot add files to quick access. Right-click, pin to quick access and nothing happens. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-access-cannot-add-files/1e1c5a7b-9fda-4c55-b877-c4262f701bd1"
  9. File Explorer - Full navigation from Quick Access not possible?

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer - Full navigation from Quick Access not possible?: I have been on Windows 10 for a few months, and whilst it is mostly fine, File Explorer is driving me up the wall. Can a program be any more broken? I've been using Quick Access for a while, but is useless in terms of navigating through the hierarchy of a folder, so I can...
  10. Add or Remove Recent Files from Quick Access in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Recent Files from Quick Access in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Recent Files from Quick Access in Windows 10 [img] Information Windows 10 replaced Favorites from previous Windows with Quick access. The Quick access page is the shortest route to files you've been working on and folders you often use. These are...