Windows 10: Is it possible to add legacy applications to Defaults list...

Discus and support Is it possible to add legacy applications to Defaults list... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have an old Photoshop app (v.5.5) I've always used as the default to open .bmp, .jpg, .png and .tiff pics. Of course Win10 insists that I use their... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Corona, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Corona Win User

Is it possible to add legacy applications to Defaults list...

I have an old Photoshop app (v.5.5) I've always used as the default to open .bmp, .jpg, .png and .tiff pics. Of course Win10 insists that I use their own 'Photos' app. Pshop isn't listed in any pic extension I look under. It sort of looks like in Settings/Apps/Apps and Features there might be a way to add Pshop to be a Default if I 'Modify' it? So I hit 'Modify' and up comes this warning.

Is it possible to add legacy applications to Defaults list... [​IMG]

I don't want to clutter up my C (boot) drive with apps. I have a much bigger D drive for that, where my Pshop is installed. What also confuses me is, "Why is it looking for Pshops' Setup.exe file"?

Any thoughts and help appreciated. Thanks.

:)

Corona, Jul 18, 2018
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jul 18, 2018
  3. kormath Win User
    Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done *Smile I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Jul 18, 2018
  4. ShonkaiDJ Win User

Legacy software not being listed

To explain: the all users Program data folder has teamviewer:

But the Alphabet-menu 'All Apps' does not:

ShonkaiDJ, Jul 18, 2018
Thema:

1. Is it possible to add legacy applications to Defaults list... - Similar Threads - possible add legacy

2. How to add programs to the Default Apps list?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to add programs to the Default Apps list?: I mean the list that shows up when you go to Settings > Apps > Default Apps. You can "Look for an app in the Microsoft Store", but I want to add a .exe. I know you can set default apps by file type or protocol, but this is much easier and I don't have to set them one by one...
  3. How to add programs to the Default Apps list?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to add programs to the Default Apps list?: I mean the list that shows up when you go to Settings > Apps > Default Apps. You can "Look for an app in the Microsoft Store", but I want to add a .exe. I know you can set default apps by file type or protocol, but this is much easier and I don't have to set them one by one...
  4. How to add applications to the Notification Senders list?!

How to add applications to the Notification Senders list?!: My question is: can you add programs manually to Notification Senders list in Windows 10? Under "Manage Notifications" theres a section called "Get notifications from these senders" with applications allowed/enabled for using the notification feature next to the clock in...
  5. Teredo adapter not listed in "add legacy hardware" menu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Teredo adapter not listed in "add legacy hardware" menu: I've been having a ton of trouble with the microsoft store today, which I have never had before, and have spent all day trying to fix it. My latest possible theory as to the cause is the Teredo adapter. It doesn't seem to be installed when i look through the device manager,...
  6. How do I add an app to the list of applications for setting file "open with" defaults

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I add an app to the list of applications for setting file "open with" defaults: I just installed DesignCad on my Windows 10 PC which creates a file with the extension .dcd. I have used this program on other Windows PCs and have never had a problem opening these files from the file explorer. Now, I'm getting the message that Windows doesn't know which...
  7. How do I add an app to the list of applications for setting file "open with" defaults

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I add an app to the list of applications for setting file "open with" defaults: I just installed DesignCad on my Windows 10 PC which creates a file with the extension .dcd. I have used this program on other Windows PCs and have never had a problem opening these files from the file explorer. Now, I'm getting the message that Windows doesn't know which...
  8. Any way to add programs to default list?

Any way to add programs to default list?: I use Eudora 7.1 for email in Windows 10. It's an old program that is no longer supported; however, it works perfectly. But it's not showing as my default email program and isn't listed among available choices. Is there any way to add it to the list so I can make it the...
  9. Programs (Applications) not in list to be chosen as "defaults"

Programs (Applications) not in list to be chosen as "defaults": I am trying to set Quicken as my default PFM application (so that it will automatically open QFX file types), but even though the program is loaded and working it is not presented in the list of "applications" to be selected and used as a "default" application?? When I search...
  10. Is it possible to add applications to Notification Center?

Is it possible to add applications to Notification Center?: I have Postbox as an email application, and I would like to know if there's a way to have it register alerts in Windows 10's Notification Center? (Other applications I have installed will give alerts in the Notification Center, but I cannot figure out if there's a way to add...