Windows 10: Is It Possible To Change Desktop Slideshow Folder With A Keybind?

Discus and support Is It Possible To Change Desktop Slideshow Folder With A Keybind? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am currently on Windows 10, and I have two folders with different types of pictures in them (One is for when I'm working, Professional looking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ciee, Nov 24, 2017.

1. Ciee Win User

Is It Possible To Change Desktop Slideshow Folder With A Keybind?

I am currently on Windows 10, and I have two folders with different types of pictures in them (One is for when I'm working, Professional looking photos, the other folder includes family photos). I currently have to go to the Desktop Background settings to change between the two folders, but I was wondering if it was possible to switch between the two with either a Keybind, or maybe even a .vbs file. If you know if it is or isn't possible to do, it would be very helpful if you were to let me know.

Thank you.

:)

2. Rotating photos on the screen

heck if Desktop slideshow is turned on

Well, the desktop slideshow feature will not work if it’s turned off. So it’s important to make sure that the feature is enabled under Settings.

To check the status of desktop slideshow feature:

Step 1: Right-click on the empty area of desktop, click Personalize, and then click Background.

Step 2: Under the Background section, make sure that Slideshow option is selected.

Allow slideshow when on battery

With default settings, Windows 10 doesn’t automatically change the desktop background picture when your PC is running on battery power to improve the backup time. In short, the desktop slideshow doesn’t work when the PC is using battery power.

However, you can configure Windows 10 to allow slideshow feature when on battery by following given below steps.

Step 1: Right-click on desktop, click Personalize, and then click Background.

Step 2: Turn on the option labelled Allow slideshow when on battery feature to force Windows 10 to automatically change the desktop background even if the PC is running on battery power.

Check the number of wallpapers in the selected folder

As you likely know, while enabling the desktop slideshow feature, Windows 10 asks you to select a folder containing pictures that you want to use for the slideshow feature.

If the slideshow is not working, make sure that the folder you selected has at least two pictures as Windows 10 can’t automatically change the desktop background if there is only one picture inside the selected folder.

Andre Da Costa, Nov 24, 2017
  3. Win10 - File Explorer "jumps" to top of folder

Also if running desktop slideshow, the folders will jump to top of page with each change of a photo. I stopped the slideshow and was able to complete my task in a folder without it jumping to the top. Microsoft........Listen up will you!

JohnBell_999, Nov 24, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

A solution that most immediately comes to mind- although it may not be one you like- is to use a 3rd party wallpaper changer with a command line option.

One such is
    BioniX Wallpaper Changer Lite Download
    The ultimate desktop background wallpaper changer-Feature list

Is It Possible To Change Desktop Slideshow Folder With A Keybind? [​IMG]

As you can see you can start it using a simple script- that could specify your playlist or source folder.
    Thus you could assign a shortcut and a hotkey to launch the appropriate script.

For interest:
    Change Desktop Background in Windows 10 Customization Tutorials

dalchina, Nov 25, 2017
Thema:

1. Is It Possible To Change Desktop Slideshow Folder With A Keybind? - Similar Threads - Possible Change Desktop

2. Desktop slideshow settings keep changing, help ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop slideshow settings keep changing, help ?: so my slideshow is set to change picture every 1minute. The problem is every time i turn on my pc i have to keep manually changing it back to every 1 minute because it changes itself to change picture every 1day.Any clues on how to stop this from happening ?...
  3. Is it possible to deploy desktop wallpaper SLIDESHOW via GPMC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to deploy desktop wallpaper SLIDESHOW via GPMC?: Dear buddiesI want to deploy desktop wallpaper slideshow every 10 min change all my client's background via GPMC. How can I do this work in my domain.best regards...
  4. Is it possible to deploy desktop wallpaper SLIDESHOW via GPMC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to deploy desktop wallpaper SLIDESHOW via GPMC?: Dear buddiesI want to deploy desktop wallpaper slideshow every 10 min change all my client's background via GPMC. How can I do this work in my domain.best regards...
  5. Is it possible to deploy desktop wallpaper SLIDESHOW via GPMC?

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. changing windows keybinds

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    changing windows keybinds: So I got an extra 2 key keyboard wired attachment thing that basically gives me 2 extra keys. Right now those two keys are set to left click and right click, but I wanna change their keybinds to Z and X, how can I change those keybinds for windows 10? submitted by...
  7. Possible Bug: Wallpaper Slideshow and Virtual desktops Task View

Possible Bug: Wallpaper Slideshow and Virtual desktops Task View: So I may have found a bug... not sure if this has been reported or not. I setup a slideshow background on Windows 11 everything works fine. Upon reboot, if I create a new Desktop from the "Task View" button, the desktop wallpaper reverts to the static image. If I then go into...
  8. Possible to change picture delay in lockscreen slideshow?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Possible to change picture delay in lockscreen slideshow?: My Problem I want to change picture delay in slideshow on lock screen. There is 10-15 second in default delay time for change picture, but i want to change it to 5-10 minutes. I tried 1 I watched in personalization > lock screen > additional slideshow parameters, but not...
  9. Desktop slideshow... view previous wallpaper.. possible?

Desktop slideshow... view previous wallpaper.. possible?: Hey guys is it possible to add In the context menu “view previous background” Just wondering.... *Wink thanks 114044
  10. Is it possible to change this folder name ?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Is it possible to change this folder name ?: Is it possible to change this folder name ? Because I type the wrong name when I install windows 10 *Sad In this folder C:\Users [img] 16405