Windows 10: Is it possible to change MS/Windows region and buy apps/music/movies?

Discus and support Is it possible to change MS/Windows region and buy apps/music/movies? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey, I would like to know if is it possible to change my Microsoft account region to USA and buy apps, music and movies from the store and also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ShakedBenratzon, Oct 29, 2016.

1. Is it possible to change MS/Windows region and buy apps/music/movies?

Hey,

I would like to know if is it possible to change my Microsoft account region to USA and buy apps, music and movies from the store and also office 365 and so on...

I also would like to know if is it will make any problem if my location is for example India and use USA Microsoft account

and of course how to do it.

Thanks

:)

ShakedBenratzon, Oct 29, 2016

2. Change registered hotmail account?

Yeah, of course, i'll stay in UK region. I really hope they enable region changing of marketplace registered accounts or i'll be forced to use sideloading. I've got money ready to buy apps and music, and they are so slow in bringing it.

Thanks again, i'll try and sort this out now.

PS: do you maybe know if there is a suggestion forum for hotmail, or an ms support email that actually gets read where i could suggest/vote for this region changing functionality?

davor.radman, Oct 29, 2016
  3. it is possible to buy apps from the market place using a credit card from ghana?

anytime i try to use my credit card......they ask for my state & postal code.but im in ghana.without the state & postal code i cannot purchase any apps.......what should i do?

josee-rinelle azanlekor, Oct 29, 2016
  4. RolandJS Win User

Is it possible to change MS/Windows region and buy apps/music/movies?

I thought most hardware devices allow up to five region changes; I don't know how the Windows would work.

RolandJS, Oct 31, 2016
  5. I want to change my account not devices so I will be able to pay with my paypal and buy groove music pass and get the full USA experience from bing rewards...

ShakedBenratzon, Nov 1, 2016
  6. Berton Win User
    I'd think it may not be possible due to the ability of a computer program to track all the servers a request for purchase or download has to go through to get data from point A to point Z. As far as I've seen, changing the regions up to 5 times applies mostly to playing of movie DVDs but the last change remains permanent for that installation of Windows. And then there's the Export and Import laws of countries that will get in the way, for example there are laws prohibiting Exporting some programs out of the USA.

Berton, Nov 1, 2016
  7. Hey I found this

How to change Microsoft Account Billing Country ? | Brave Learn

maybe you know if is safe and will work for me ?

ShakedBenratzon, Nov 2, 2016
  8. Is it possible to change MS/Windows region and buy apps/music/movies?

Hi:

It may or may not work.
    But it's probably not legal, as @Berton mentioned (because it's most likely illegal to attempt to bypass geographic restrictions on exporting software and other products).

Because of the forum's piracy policy, I don't think you'll find anyone here willing to endorse such an approach.

Cheers,

MM

MoxieMomma, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Is it possible to change MS/Windows region and buy apps/music/movies?

1. Is it possible to change MS/Windows region and buy apps/music/movies? - Similar Threads - possible change region

2. MS store region will not change.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS store region will not change.: Everything is set to US English. Everything is set to region: US. Windows is set to US English and region US. MS account in the web and in windows is set to English and US Region. MS Store still stuck on Japanese....
  3. MS store region will not change.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS store region will not change.: Everything is set to US English. Everything is set to region: US. Windows is set to US English and region US. MS account in the web and in windows is set to English and US Region. MS Store still stuck on Japanese....
  4. Movie & TV app isn't available in your country or region

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Movie & TV app isn't available in your country or region: I bought a new laptop recently with Windows 11 and the Movie & TV app is not working. Previously on my old PC which has Windows 10, the app itself is working perfectly find even after re-installation so I'm pretty sure it's not a country or region issue.Here are what i've...
  5. Movie & TV app isn't available in your country or region

Movie & TV app isn't available in your country or region: I bought a new laptop recently with Windows 11 and the Movie & TV app is not working. Previously on my old PC which has Windows 10, the app itself is working perfectly find even after re-installation so I'm pretty sure it's not a country or region issue.Here are what i've...
  6. Changing region

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Changing region: Hey, I'm having problems changing the country/region when filling the shipping category. It's on USA and it won't let to change it to anything else. I'd be very glad if somebody could help....
  7. MUSIC, MOVIES, TV

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MUSIC, MOVIES, TV: In Windows Media Player (Yeah, I'm old-school and I like it!), how does one paste new album art on an album file? Also, is there any useful online source for WMP help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/music-movies-tv/b85a7b7b-005d-48ec-ad83-df444940fa3e"
  8. buying music

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    buying music: Hi. Newly moved to windows 10 from Apple. how do I search and purchase music to put into my music file? iTunes has a very simple way ie: find / buy / store Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/buying-music/f66e3be9-62aa-4780-9287-da3eceed7b80"
  9. Movies & TV app for Windows 7 - is it possible?

Movies & TV app for Windows 7 - is it possible?: I'm currently using Windows 7 Home Edition 64-bit w/SP1 but after trying out the Movies & TV app on another computer would like to have it on my computer because of the 30 sec skip feature but can't download it. Is there any way I can download and install it on a Windows 7...
  10. is bookmarking possible with groove music app?

is bookmarking possible with groove music app?: Some of my playlists are 100's of songs, is there a way to have groove music app bookmark the last point it was stopped at so when I start it up again I won't be playing songs on the playlist I have all ready heard? 22989