Windows 10: Is it possible to change this folder name ?

Discus and support Is it possible to change this folder name ? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Is it possible to change this folder name ? Because I type the wrong name when I install windows 10 *Sad In this folder C:\Users [img]... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Akane, Aug 14, 2015.

1. Akane Win User

Is it possible to change this folder name ?

Because I type the wrong name when I install windows 10 *Sad

In this folder

C:\Users

Is it possible to change this folder name ? [​IMG]

:)

Akane, Aug 14, 2015
  2. fommil Win User

Is it possible to change the "Sent Mail" folder?

Hi all,

I am using my Windows Mobile 6.1 device to access an IMAP account. I would like my device to save all sent messages into a folder named "Sent". I have enabled saving sent messages, but I cannot change the folder name.

I want to use the folder that is named "Sent", but my device insists on creating and using a folder named "Sent Mail". Given that the web interface to my mail insists on using the folder named "Sent", you can see that this leads to much irritation.
    Is it possible to change which folder is used as the "Sent Mail" folder?

fommil, Aug 14, 2015
  3. Is it possible to change the "Sent Mail" folder?

Sorry but I don't belive this is possible.

Eric Hicks, Aug 14, 2015
  4. sn00ker Win User

Nope, sorry you can't . What you can do is create another users account, afterwards delete the account you don't want

sn00ker, Aug 14, 2015
  5. swarfega Win User
    Found this on another website and it may work for you, read through it all before starting.

----------------

I had the same problem and I have solved it as follows (using information that I found on a few other websites):

1. Just to be safe, create a restore point. Open the Control Center, type in System Restore and click on Create System Restore Point. Select the C: Drive and click on Create.
    2. Click on the Windows Button (at the bottom left), type regedit and click on Execute command.
    3. Confirm the UAC dialog by clicking Yes.
    4. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows NT/CurrentVersion/ProfileList. There you can find a few subfolders (starting with 'S-1-5-'). Search for the folder that contains the path (that you want to change) in the registry key namedProfileImagePath. (Example from the question: search for the value 'C:\Users\jerem').
    5. If you have found it, double-click on it and change the path. (Following the original question, you would now change the value to 'C:\Users\Jeremy').
    6. Close the Registry Editor window.
    7. Click on the Windows Button (at the bottom left) again and type netplwiz and click on Execute command.
    8. Make sure that the checkbox 'Users have to enter username and password' is checked. Selectthe user (for whom you want to change the path) from the list and click on Properties.
    9. Change the user name in the new window. (Following the original question, you would now change the user name to 'Jeremy'). You can also change the full name here, if you wish (but in my case the correct name has already been entered). I suppose that you can not leave the full name field empty. Close the window by clicking OK.
    10. Close the other remaining opened windows also by clicking OK.
    11. Restart the system.

Now you basically have 2 options to finally change the folder name:
    · Start Windows 10 again and try to login. This will fail (because of the changed path) and you will automatically be logged in with a temporary user account (which will take a bit of time). However, you can now change the name of the folder using the Windows Explorer (following the example above, you would now rename the folder jerem to Jeremy).
    · Alternatively, you can boot into a second operating system (if you have one installed) or use a Live CD operating system to change the folder name.

Finally, restart the system again and start Windows 10. The first login could take quite a while, but everything should now work fine again and the path of the user directory should now be changed! If everything works fine, you can now delete the original folder (the folder named jerem, using the example of the question).
    INFO: I am working on a German system. I tried to translate the bullet points correctly, but it is very likely that they might be named a bit different!

DISCLAIMER: This solution is working on my laptop after upgrading from Windows 8.1 (64-bit) to Windows 10 (64-bit). However, I cannot guarantee that this solution might also work for others with other configurations. If you follow the solution provided above, you are doing everything at your own risk!

----------------

Source

swarfega, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Is it possible to change this folder name ? - Similar Threads - possible change folder

2. How to change this folder name?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to change this folder name?: I know how to rename the folder but this one wont let me do so. So when the person who set up this laptop for me, misspell my name and now i want to change it. Please help...
  3. Change the name of account and folder name.

Change the name of account and folder name.: I am in the process of setting up a Windows PC. I noticed that after I went through the prompts to begin using windows and signing on to my Microsoft account that I have a user in my local folders called c:\users\kenp1. I do not want to use that name, but I can't find...
  4. Is it possible change the name of the user folder?

Is it possible change the name of the user folder?: Hi all, I recently installed Windows 10 and in the process created a user. A few days later I noticed that anoyingly the folder name of the user folder is spelt wrong or rather the two last letters are simply missing. It seems there is an actual user name and then one or...
  5. Is it possible to change user name?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to change user name?: I named my pc Pikachu when I first built it. But now I am no longer gaming and want to give my pc to my little nephew. Can I reformat it and give it to him and let him set up his own name? Will I need to do anything else? I remember when I first built it I had to download a...
  6. Changing User folder name ??

Changing User folder name ??: I recently clean installed Win 10 and i came to found out that the name of the user folder is first 5 letters of my email address. I wanted to know if there is a simple solution to this. I also tried renaming and changing path in regedit using Administrator account but it was...
  7. Change the users name in folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change the users name in folder: I want remove the space in folder's name: C:\Users\Arbnor Gashi\Desktop\Master_Thesis\Write\Thesis. The space between name and last name should be removed because it doesn't work for a statistical program. I changed my account name but this name doesn't change in...
  8. Changing file name changes the folder name AND cannot find the folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing file name changes the folder name AND cannot find the folder: Two odd things are happen to my files: 1. Changing only the file name in explorer changes the folder name 2. I cannot locate the directory (possibly a library) Here's what is happening in explorer: I search for the text OLD, the results come up: file=IMG_3654.JPG folder...
  9. change a user name folder

change a user name folder: how do I change a user name folder in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-a-user-name-folder/7413f37f-1efb-44a8-9a97-24132b3ad0f8
  10. User's Name Desktop Folder changed it's name to "Folders"

User's Name Desktop Folder changed it's name to "Folders": I have a problem with my User Folder. Actually the User Folder name is fine, but when you add the Folder on the desktop (with the option on Personalize + Themes) it changed it's name to "Folders" I've tried creating new users, but every new user I create, no matter how...