Windows 10: Is it possible to choose Home over Pro?

Discus and support Is it possible to choose Home over Pro? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have already 10 Pro activated on multiple computers, I just want 10 Home, lets not get offtopic. Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by TairikuOkami, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Is it possible to choose Home over Pro?

I have already 10 Pro activated on multiple computers, I just want 10 Home, lets not get offtopic.

TairikuOkami, Aug 4, 2015
  2. sn00ker Win User

I don't think she asking us for illegal advise because its obvious she knows how to do that but rather I believe she asking can anything ( law wise ) bad happen to her, yes TairikuOkami ?

sn00ker, Aug 4, 2015
  3. NavyLCDR New Member
    You can only free upgrade to the same version you are coming from. Home to Home and Pro to Pro. Any other combination and Windows 10 won't activate. You'll have to purchase a Windows 10 Home license - or a Windows 7 Home or Windows 8 home license and then upgrade from the home version after installing it.

Well - law wise - it would have to be detected and prosecuted. In more practical terms, if you try to upgrade Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Home, the Windows 10 Home will not activate. She can enter a Windows 10 Home preview key - but that will only activate until Jan 2016. At least the was the activation expiration on my preview.

NavyLCDR, Aug 4, 2015
  4. sn00ker Win User

Is it possible to choose Home over Pro?

You have a windows 10 pro upgrade disk since you said you bought a upgrade version ( didn't say which so I'm assuming ) because it was cheaper and now you want to know whether its possible to use that and install Windows 10 home, yes ? I would say it wouldn't work since those key are for the pro version. Every different windows versions must match to the license key they were build for .

sn00ker, Aug 4, 2015
  5. Mystere Win User
    Ransomware does not use bitlocker. Ransomware will infect you just as easily on Home. You're fooling yourself if you think you're safe because you're using home.

Mystere, Aug 5, 2015
  6. For the record, it is not possible, I have just tried, did not work. *cry

TairikuOkami, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Is it possible to choose Home over Pro?

1. Is it possible to choose Home over Pro? - Similar Threads - possible choose Home

2. W11 home to pro upgrade is not possible in Japan?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W11 home to pro upgrade is not possible in Japan?: I have W11 home PC, and would like to upgrade it to pro. I followed the MS guide and reached the MS store. But I cannot change the country to Japan. Country selection column is glayed out and US seems to be the only option....
  3. W11 home to pro upgrade is not possible in Japan?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W11 home to pro upgrade is not possible in Japan?: I have W11 home PC, and would like to upgrade it to pro. I followed the MS guide and reached the MS store. But I cannot change the country to Japan. Country selection column is glayed out and US seems to be the only option....
  4. Is it possible to downgrade Windows 10 Pro to the Home edition?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Is it possible to downgrade Windows 10 Pro to the Home edition?: I have a computer that has Windows 10 Pro that I want to donate to a charitable foundation that houses and educates at-risk teenagers. The Director does not want the students to have access to the Pro version of Windows 10; all his existing computers have the Home version...
  5. Windows is not activating - How to install Home over Pro?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows is not activating - How to install Home over Pro?: I have a Lenovo Legion with Windows 10, recently installed to version 20H2. A few days ago it wouldn't load the operating system and I had to do a clean reinstall with the help of a local computer repair guy. Now it's running fine, no technical issues or anything. But in...
  6. Possible to upgrade this W10 Home laptop to Pro or Enterprise?

Possible to upgrade this W10 Home laptop to Pro or Enterprise?: I've been asked this by a friend, but I'm not familiar enough with 10 hardware to give him an answer. He's thinking of purchasing this laptop, but doesn't want 10 Home. It's an Acer Aspire 5 A515-54-749U Laptop 15.6". (The 749U may designate our NZ\AU market) The local...
  7. Possible to upgrade this W10 Home laptop to Pro or Enterprise?

in Windows 10 Support
    Possible to upgrade this W10 Home laptop to Pro or Enterprise?: I've been asked this by a friend, but I'm not familiar enough with 10 hardware to give him an answer. He's thinking of purchasing this laptop, but doesn't want 10 Home. It's an Acer Aspire 5 A515-54-749U Laptop 15.6". (The 749U may designate our NZ\AU market) The local...
  8. activate windows 10 home over pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    activate windows 10 home over pro: I have a new computer and it requesting activate windows. Troubleshooting states I have license for Home, but Pro is loaded. How do I activate Home version....
  9. Windows-10 home over Windows-10 pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows-10 home over Windows-10 pro: My hard drive crashed. It is a Dell computer that came with XP, and an automatic upgrade to Windows 10. I installed a new drive, and then from a different computer, I downloaded the Windows Media tool for a clean install. I thought I might have had pro, but once it was...
  10. Is it possible to repair Windows 10 Home with Pro?

Is it possible to repair Windows 10 Home with Pro?: I have a computer that won't start after an update, and I don't have a recovery drive. It was upgraded from Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10 Home for free. I would prefer to have Windows 10 Pro for greater control. If I buy a license for 10 Pro and download the...