Windows 10: Is It Possible To Convert GPT to MBR Than Legacy Boot Windows

Discus and support Is It Possible To Convert GPT to MBR Than Legacy Boot Windows in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; First off, I apologize if this may be posted int the wrong section, I could not find another section that would suit this content. And also, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AntiMalware, Jul 25, 2017.

1. Is It Possible To Convert GPT to MBR Than Legacy Boot Windows

First off, I apologize if this may be posted int the wrong section, I could not find another section that would suit this content. And also, I apologize if this sounds stupid, I don't like staring at the Acer logo when I turn on the computer, and cannot find a way to turn it off in the BIOS.

Anyways, my computer can legacy boot, and I was wondering if I could convert my GPT drive to MBR than simply Legacy boot off of the same drive? Is this easy to do, or is it hard? Thanks in advance for your time *Smile

:)

AntiMalware, Jul 25, 2017

2. Need to install windows 7 professional after a month

You can go to bios to check boot mode. if it is Legacy mode, then convert
    disk to MBR partition table. if it is EFI or UEFI mode, then convert the disk to GPT disk. you can also change the boot mode to fix this.

The conversion with Windows built in tool will delete everything on your disk including recovery partition.You can use diskpart.exe or disk management to convert GPT to MBR, but you need to delete this disk to make it shown
    as unallocated space. therefore, you'd better backup the needed information before doing it.

If you want to convert between GPT and MBR without affecting the OS, you need to use third party software, such as AOMEI Partition Assistant. Convert Disk between MBR and GPT in Windows 10 without Data Loss

Youngwarlord, Jul 25, 2017
  3. slance310 Win User
    error code: 0xc000000e & bootrec /fixboot, Access is denied / element not found

Hi,

According to that screenshot, your HDD must have been originally Initialized\formatted for Legacy Bios...

There is a tool to convert MBR > GPT from within Windows, after which you would then change the Bios on Restart... But that is not of much use if you can not boot..

The GPT type drive for UEFI Bios is normally created before windows is installed, as it boots differently than Legacy Bios with a MBR type of drive..

Depending on what you are trying to accomplish, you may just want to try switching your Bios to Legacy.. At least to get it to hopefully boot, and then go from there as to anything else you may want to do...

slance310, Jul 25, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Is It Possible To Convert GPT to MBR Than Legacy Boot Windows

The easiest way to do that involves two hard drives. Do you have a second hard drive large enough to contain the contents of the in-use hard drive?

NavyLCDR, Jul 25, 2017
  5. Yes I would need a SATA to HDD converter, but I found another thread on this forum that had me download HackBGRT and I changed the logo, so I don't need to convert anymore, thanks for your help tho *Smile

AntiMalware, Jul 25, 2017
  6. Winuser Win User
    Winuser, Jul 26, 2017
  7. AddRAM Win User
    It`s very simple to do, but risky.

You`re still gonna see the logo, so why are you attempting this ?

There is an option to turn it off in the Bios, you are just not finding it. It should be under boot options.

It should say "Boot Logo display" enable/disable, if not look for a boot logo or diagnostic screen timeout setting and set it to 1 second, if possible.

AddRAM, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Is It Possible To Convert GPT to MBR Than Legacy Boot Windows

1. Is It Possible To Convert GPT to MBR Than Legacy Boot Windows - Similar Threads - Possible Convert GPT

2. what will happen to legacy bios if I convert mbr to gpt?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what will happen to legacy bios if I convert mbr to gpt?: Hi, i am Raghav i had a query in my mind that if i converted my mbr partition to gpt partition then what will happen to:1.OS Windows 102.My apps3.My files4.BIOS legacy...
  3. what will happen to legacy bios if I convert mbr to gpt?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what will happen to legacy bios if I convert mbr to gpt?: Hi, i am Raghav i had a query in my mind that if i converted my mbr partition to gpt partition then what will happen to:1.OS Windows 102.My apps3.My files4.BIOS legacy...
  4. Convert MBR to GPT!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Convert MBR to GPT!: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,Which is the best way to convert MBR to GPT without data loss and without being Windows boot logo stretched. If you don't know what I am talking about, see this thread:...
  5. Convert MBR to GPT!

Convert MBR to GPT!: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,Which is the best way to convert MBR to GPT without data loss and without being Windows boot logo stretched. If you don't know what I am talking about, see this thread:...
  6. Convert MBR to GPT!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Convert GPT to MBR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Convert GPT to MBR: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,I want to convert GPT to MBR without data loss. Should I do using AOMEI partition assistant? Is it safe? Will it loss data? Will it damage HDD? Please give answer in detail....
  8. Convert GPT to MBR

Convert GPT to MBR: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,I want to convert GPT to MBR without data loss. Should I do using AOMEI partition assistant? Is it safe? Will it loss data? Will it damage HDD? Please give answer in detail....
  9. Convert GPT to MBR

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Converting MBR to GPT for EFI boot?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Converting MBR to GPT for EFI boot?: I've just recently re-installed Windows on my laptop. I had the hard drive set to a GPT format disk since my system supports and previously used UEFI boot, but this install wouldn't allow it so I just went to MBR again.. Is there a way to convert the currently MBR type...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is it possible to have 2 gpt disk in one laptop