Windows 10: Is it possible to create a Windows Defender Offline Scan boot disk for Windows 10?

Discus and support Is it possible to create a Windows Defender Offline Scan boot disk for Windows 10? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Since the late June, 2018, Windows 10 Pro update (KB4284848) I am not able to run the Offline Scan. The Version is 1803 and the build is 17134.137.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by thewamp, Jul 4, 2018.

1. thewamp Win User

Is it possible to create a Windows Defender Offline Scan boot disk for Windows 10?

Since the late June, 2018, Windows 10 Pro update (KB4284848) I am not able to run the Offline Scan. The Version is 1803 and the build is 17134.137.

:)

thewamp, Jul 4, 2018
  2. thewamp Win User

Is it possible to create a Windows Defender Offline Scan boot disk for Windows 10?

Thank you for your reply to my question. Please note, however, that I asked about a solution for Windows 10.

The following indicates that the solution that you directed me to, is not for Windows 10 (and did not work for Windows 10):

Using Windows Defender Offline on Windows 7 and Windows 8.1

If you're using Windows Defender Offline on Windows 7 or Windows 8.1, you need to follow four basic steps:

1. Download Windows Defender Offline and create a CD, DVD, or USB flash drive.

thewamp, Jan 29, 2020
  3. thewamp Win User

Are you saying that for Windows 10, 1803, Windows Defender Offline can be run from a bootable disk or a flash drive?

I tried it and found that is does not work. Also, I have found much information that tells me it will only work with Windows 8 and 7.

thewamp, Jan 29, 2020
  4. Steve C Win User

Defender Periodic Scanning or Offline Scanning?

That link does suggest it's useful to use Defender offline scanning in addition to periodic scanning and a third party real time anti virus (e.g. Kaspersky).

Steve C, Jan 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Is it possible to create a Windows Defender Offline Scan boot disk for Windows 10? - Similar Threads - possible create Defender

2. Windows Defender offline scan - possible malware?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender offline scan - possible malware?: The results of a recent Windows Defender offline scan indicate possible malware - what am I supposed to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-offline-scan-possible-malware/2796d872-dfd3-40b8-bc0f-e27a479322f0
  3. Windows Defender offline scan - possible malware?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender offline scan - possible malware?: The results of a recent Windows Defender offline scan indicate possible malware - what am I supposed to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-offline-scan-possible-malware/2796d872-dfd3-40b8-bc0f-e27a479322f0
  4. Windows Defender offline scan - possible malware?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Windows defender offline scan not scanning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender offline scan not scanning: The windows defender offline scan is not working. It just shows the blue screen after restarting and that box displaying windows defender offline and that's it. No scan progress is there everytime....
  6. Windows defender offline scan not scanning

Windows defender offline scan not scanning: The windows defender offline scan is not working. It just shows the blue screen after restarting and that box displaying windows defender offline and that's it. No scan progress is there everytime....
  7. Windows defender offline scan not scanning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender offline scan not scanning: Whenever I start the defender's offline scan, it will restart my computer then show the blue screen displaying windows offline scan but after this nothing will happen and it will restart again. It will not show any progress of scan. I tried to do it in safe mode but in that...
  8. Windows defender offline scan not scanning

Windows defender offline scan not scanning: Whenever I start the defender's offline scan, it will restart my computer then show the blue screen displaying windows offline scan but after this nothing will happen and it will restart again. It will not show any progress of scan. I tried to do it in safe mode but in that...
  9. Windows defender offline scan not scanning

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. Create Windows Defender Offline Scan shortcut in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Windows Defender Offline Scan shortcut in Windows 10: How to: Create Windows Defender Offline Scan shortcut in Windows 10 [img] Information On Windows 10, Windows Defender Offline is completely automated. This means Windows Defender when it identifies advanced malware will recommend that Windows Defender Offline be run and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows defender boot disk for windows 10