Windows 10: Is it possible to customize icon size in "details" view in explorer?

Discus and support Is it possible to customize icon size in "details" view in explorer? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I just upgraded from W8.1 to W10 and it looks like the icons got smaller by default in the "details" view in the File Explorer. Problem: My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by LindyCogito, Sep 2, 2015.

1. Is it possible to customize icon size in "details" view in explorer?

Hi, I just upgraded from W8.1 to W10 and it looks like the icons got smaller by default in the "details" view in the File Explorer.

Problem:
    • My problem is that now the overlay icons which are used by TortoiseSVN do not seem to show anymore in the "details" view (when they did use to show in all previous versions of Windows). By overlay icons, I mean things like a green arrow or a red exclamation mark which show up on the icon to indicate that the file is up to date in SVN or has been modified (see screenshots below).
    • not good alternative: the overlay icons do appear in the "Medium icons" or bigger view; (but not for "Small icons"), as well as in the "Content" view. But none of these is satisfactory to me as I much prefer the "details" view for the things I do -- I like to be able to see both the SVN status at the same time as the details of files, in a reasonable presentation (I don't like the "Content" view, it wastes too much space when you have a lot of files to go through).

Path to solution:

• I suspect that if there is a way to change the size of the icons in the "details" view, the overlay icons would show up again. The reason I believe this is that the overlay icons do appear in the "details" view when I use the 125% setting in the SYSTEM | Display "Customize your display" setting (which was used by default on my high resolution (1920 x 1080) but small (11.6") laptop screen). See screenshots below:
      • normal (100%) setting for "details" view in File explorer:

• Is it possible to customize icon size in "details" view in explorer? [​IMG]
      • vs. 125% setting -- notice that now we can see the green arrow overlay icon for the folder temp_SKH_code:

• Is it possible to customize icon size in "details" view in explorer? [​IMG]

Question:
    Is it possible to change the size of the icons appearing in the "details" view of the File Explorer (through a registry hack, or anything)? I am also open to any other alternative which would enable me to see the overlay icons of TortoiseSVN in the "details" view at 100% display setting.

Other information:

• As I use the 125% display setting on my laptop, I do not have any problem there. My problem is with the big external monitor (27" 2048 x 1152) that I use for which a 125% display setting would make everything way too big...
    • For more information about the TortoiseSVN overlay icons and potential issues with Windows, see here. I originally thought that this was my problem (see also this post), until I realized that the overlay icons show fine in some of the views of File Explorer, as well as when using the 125% display setting.

Thanks!

:)

LindyCogito, Sep 2, 2015

2. my phone " keys in " some numbers while talking

As I said in my first post you can either try to update it's software to see if it cures it.

If it doesn't then your phone is faulty and you will need to get it repaired.

psychomania---01, Sep 2, 2015
  3. " Nokia Simple " theme - where it this theme?

hi,

Some days ago on page
    http://ea.mobile.nokia.com/content/spin/ea/6120c/en/theme/index.xhtml
    or in phone (nokia 6120c) themes/general/download themes/ was very cool theme (light cream white, black fonts) " Nokia Simple ", now its dissapear from this site. Where i can get it?
    or maybe somebody has it and could send to me.

thx

szympek123, Sep 2, 2015
  4. Is it possible to customize icon size in "details" view in explorer?

Simply holds down Ctrl and scroll up with the mouse scroll wheel.

Edited: Never mind, that actually kicks you out of detailed view switching to list view.

fracking4oil, Sep 2, 2015
  5. Thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately, this does not solve my problem in the "details" view of File Explorer. When in "details" view, CTRL+scroll up once move to "List" view, then to "Small icons", then to bigger sizes for "Small icons", etc. then to "Medium icons", etc. Any CTRL+scroll up or down takes me out of the details view when starting from the details view -- so I cannot have both the bigger icon as well as the details as I said I wanted.

LindyCogito, Sep 2, 2015
  6. An alternative would be to use another view with the details pane expanded; although that gives you details on only the selected folder/file.

Is it possible to customize icon size in "details" view in explorer? [​IMG]

fracking4oil, Sep 2, 2015
  7. Unfortunately, it is important for my usage to see both the SVN status as well as the modification date of several files at the same time, so this is not satisfactory either.

LindyCogito, Sep 3, 2015
  8. Is it possible to customize icon size in "details" view in explorer?

I know there are third party file explorers out there, but don't know anything about them so maybe someone else will step in. Sorry I couldn't be of any help...

fracking4oil, Sep 3, 2015
  9. No worries, thanks for the attempt. Using a third party file explorer might be the solution for me actually, I had not thought of doing it! Anybody has a good one to suggest? I guess I can just try a few and see which one does not have the overlay icon issue...

LindyCogito, Sep 4, 2015
  10. begem0t Win User
    In Windows 10 I like to use Content View instead of Details View. Same information, large icons.

begem0t, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Is it possible to customize icon size in "details" view in explorer?

1. Is it possible to customize icon size in "details" view in explorer? - Similar Threads - possible customize icon

2. Detailed view in explorer - presets

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Detailed view in explorer - presets: Is there a way to always have the same chosen details displayed in detailed view for Windows 10?I'd like for, instead of the default - #, title, contributing artists, album - to have date created, type, size, length or anything else....
  3. Detailed view in explorer - presets

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Detailed view in explorer - presets: Is there a way to always have the same chosen details displayed in detailed view for Windows 10?I'd like for, instead of the default - #, title, contributing artists, album - to have date created, type, size, length or anything else....
  4. Detailed view in explorer - presets

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. File Explorer Custom Icon & Details Pane Custom Icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Custom Icon & Details Pane Custom Icon: I changed my default folder icon to a custom one of my preference so that all folders use this icon.I did it by following the steps in this reg edit method below"How to Change All Default Folder Icons in Windows 11 At Once" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tC04Nb8UUgTheres 3...
  6. File Explorer Custom Icon & Details Pane Custom Icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Custom Icon & Details Pane Custom Icon: I changed my default folder icon to a custom one of my preference so that all folders use this icon.I did it by following the steps in this reg edit method below"How to Change All Default Folder Icons in Windows 11 At Once" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tC04Nb8UUgTheres 3...
  7. Is it possible to change the size of icons in file explorer globally?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to change the size of icons in file explorer globally?: [ATTACH] What I mean is,normally file explorer icons have this size: https://preview.redd.it/by90ar9a5de71.png?width=1919&format=png&auto=webp&s=84893f6d9934b781170ff657239aa0ee75048e6b but what I want is that they are bigger,like this:...
  8. possible to show folder SIZE in details view?

in Windows 10 Support
    possible to show folder SIZE in details view?: Feels crazy that this doesn't happen automatically, but it doesn't seem to in ANY version of windows. When I look at the details view, the size column is empty for folders. Of course if I right click the folder and choose "properties", a dialog box will show me the total of...
  9. GPS data in Explorer details view

in Windows 10 Customization
    GPS data in Explorer details view: Can anyone explain me why in the details view of Explorer it is not possible to find a heading for a new column related to GPS info. It is indeed available in the Properties Tab but it is cumbersome to open it every time for each photo to check. If it was listed in such a...
  10. Detailed customized installation for Office 2019 possible?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Detailed customized installation for Office 2019 possible?: Hello, I have read that Office 2019 is no longer available in the form of a Windows .msi installation in which you could select the Office apps and various other features that you want to install. There is luckily an Office Customization Tool that makes customization...