Windows 10: Is it possible to enable Hybrid Sleep?

Discus and support Is it possible to enable Hybrid Sleep? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is it possible to enable Hybrid Sleep in Windows 10? This is what WIkipedia says in the article about Sleep mode: Sleep mode and hibernation can be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ksio89, Dec 1, 2015.

1. ksio89 Win User

Is it possible to enable Hybrid Sleep?

Is it possible to enable Hybrid Sleep in Windows 10? This is what WIkipedia says in the article about Sleep mode:

Sleep mode and hibernation can be combined: the contents of RAM are first copied to non-volatile storage like for regular hibernation, but then, instead of powering down, the computer enters sleep mode. This approach combines the benefits of sleep mode and hibernation: The machine can resume instantaneously, but it can also be powered down completely (e.g. due to loss of power) without loss of data, because it is already effectively in a state of hibernation. This mode is called "hybrid sleep" in Microsoft Windows other than Windows XP.

It's not the same as Fast Startup, because this is basically a stripped-down variant of hibernation as described in the original post. I can't find the option to enable Hybrid Sleep anywhere. Thanks in advance.

:)

ksio89, Dec 1, 2015

2. Is it possible to auto-enable (default "on") the Windows 10 mobile hotspot?

I share my Windows 10 pc's wireless hotspot for home automation devices, and that part works great.

What doesn't quite work great is that every time the PC restarts I have to manually go into the "Mobile hotspot" settings and manually turn on the "Share my internet connection with other devices" option.

How can this be configured to default to "on" so that the hotspot is shared automatically after a computer restart?

Many thanks!

RussellDuckworth, Dec 1, 2015
  3. Is it possible to auto-enable (default "on") the Windows 10 mobile hotspot?

Hi Russell,

Your idea about auto-enabling mobile hotspot can be beneficial to others who share the same sentiment as yours. We encourage you to submit your issue using the Feedback Hub, so we can do a further investigation on this. Submitting your feedback in Windows Feedback
    hub will help us gather information regarding your concern so we can determine what's causing the issue. Your feedback will also help collate bugs and known issues, as well as the suggestions that will help improve the Windows operating system. Using the collected
    data, the engineers will come up with an update that will improve Windows operating system.

In order to submit a new feedback, please follow these steps:

• On a Windows 10 device, search for "Feedback Hub" in Cortana search, and then launch the app.
    • Navigate to Feedback in the left menu, and then press + Add new feedback.
    • Select the Problem, and share any details you think are relevant, and then choose an appropriate category and subcategory.
    • Important: If possible, reproduce the problem(s) after clicking
      Begin monitoring (or Start capture) near the end of the form;
      Stop monitoring when you're done.
    • Once you've completed the form and monitoring, click Submit.
    • Click Continue using Feedback Hub.
    • Click My Feedback at the top, and then find the item you submitted (it may take a while to appear).
    • Open the item you submitted, and then click Share.
    • Click Copy link, and then paste the link in your response (it will look like
      URL Manager link>).
    Regards.

Monica Cam, Dec 1, 2015
  4. philc43 Win User

Sorry to jump in here but I was looking into this earlier. I think you will find "Hybrid Sleep" is on by default. You can find the settings in Change Advanced Power Settings:

Is it possible to enable Hybrid Sleep? [​IMG]

philc43, Dec 1, 2015
Thema:

1. Is it possible to enable Hybrid Sleep? - Similar Threads - possible enable Hybrid

2. How to enable Sleep option.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to enable Sleep option.: i am not able to get a sleep option when i hit the power button in the start menu. also, in power settings, i cant see the option which allows you to put your computer to sleep after the lid shuts down. its like the sleep option no longer exists. >.< * Original title:...
  3. Hybrid drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hybrid drive: I ''had' a 4tb game drive before the big windows 10 update last week. New Windows 10 says it is 'unknown' 'not initialized' in disk manager. I tried to initialize the disk, it failed. I tried rebuilding the partition using a 3rrd party software called AOMEI Partition...
  4. Enabling Hybrid Sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Enabling Hybrid Sleep: Hello all! I hope to be a frequent contributor but I joined specifically to try and find a definitive answer to a question that I cannot find fully answered anywhere. I want my Windows 10 HP All-In-One desktop to enter hybrid sleep after I'm through with my work and be...
  5. Remover Power Supply during Hibernation or Hybrid Sleep?

Remover Power Supply during Hibernation or Hybrid Sleep?: Hello all, I have 3 questions regarding putting a PC into a lower energystate. 1. Can the PC be damaged if I turn off and remove the Power Supply and opening the case to clean the PC, while the PC is in Hibernation Mode instead of having it fully shut down? 2. I've...
  6. Disable Hybrid Sleep function no longer working

Disable Hybrid Sleep function no longer working: Since the 19th when my computer installed the following updates Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3135173) Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Update 4 Redistributable Package (KB3119142) Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for...
  7. Hibernation & Hybrid sleep causing PC to crash on waking up.

in Windows 10 Support
    Hibernation & Hybrid sleep causing PC to crash on waking up.: I had this problem when Windows 8 was new (but never had it with 8.1) and now it looks like it is back with W10. My PC was fine up until about 2 days ago, it would go into hybrid sleep and wake with no problems but now every time I try to wake my PC the LED's, mouse and...
  8. Problems with Hybrid boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems with Hybrid boot: Hello, I have 2 PCs, both running win 10 updated from 8.1. The desktop has an AMD processor and graphics card, the laptop has an intel i5 and nvidia card. Both have 8 gb ram. Since an update around 2 weeks ago both have a strange problem: fast booting does not work anymore....
  9. Can't do hybrid shutdown, despite enabled fast boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't do hybrid shutdown, despite enabled fast boot: Hello everyone. I'm writing this thread because I'm facing a behaviour of my computer I would like to change or fix, but I don't know how I should do any of these. The operating system I use is Windows 10 Home 1709 (Fall Creators Update). The undesired behaviour is that,...
  10. Hybrid sleep missing after Windows 10 anniversary update

in Windows 10 Support
    Hybrid sleep missing after Windows 10 anniversary update: Hybrid sleep missing after Windows 10 anniversary update Can anybody explain why and how to get it back. I go to power options --> advanced settings and under sleep I only get Hibernate after where as before update I got Hybrid sleep option as well. Please help....