Windows 10: Is it possible to extend Windows sytem partition to update to 1607?

Discus and support Is it possible to extend Windows sytem partition to update to 1607? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I want to update Windows 10 to build 1607, so I downloaded the Restone ISO and then created an USB bootable drive. I just want to upgrade without... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ksio89, Aug 3, 2016.

1. ksio89 Win User

Is it possible to extend Windows sytem partition to update to 1607?

I want to update Windows 10 to build 1607, so I downloaded the Restone ISO and then created an USB bootable drive. I just want to upgrade without losing my files and settings, but the installation wizard tells me I need more room on C: partition, when I currently have around 7 GB free, while it asks for 10 GB of free room in the C: partition. Is it possible to extend the Windows system partition (by shrinking the D: parition), or I risk making the system partition unbootable?

I use EaseUS Partition Master to perform disk and partitions management, but it seems like I can't extend the system partition. I'm able to shrink D: partition, but I can't use the unallocated space to extend the C: partition. Is it possible with another tool or I'd better just make a clean install on the system partition? I have tons of programs installed, and it would take days to install everything again.

I only have one HDD in my laptop, installed in UEFI mode with two GPT data partitions, C: and D: Thanks in advance.

:)

ksio89, Aug 3, 2016

2. Is it possible to partition this PC?

PC became a term for either a desktop or laptop machine..

To partition the hard drive, use this..
    Easeus
    .. Is it possible to extend Windows sytem partition to update to 1607? :)

Mike Hall... always, Aug 3, 2016
  3. talula000 Win User
    Is it possible to partition this PC?

i dont wanna sound dumb, or naïve but i was wondering if it is at all possible to partition this pc i am using, they call it a pc, but it looks like a laptop to me

[Original title: partions]

talula000, Aug 3, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

NavyLCDR, Aug 3, 2016
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    When you shrink the D: drive, just make sure to put the empty, unallocated space at the front of it. Then you can expand C: drive into the empty space. The MiniTool Partition Wizard extend partition function will do that for you. You select to extend C: drive and it will ask you where you want the space to come from and you would select D: drive. Don't forget to click the apply button to actually make it happen.

NavyLCDR, Aug 3, 2016
  6. topgundcp Win User
    Mini Tool Partition would be a better Partition Manager. However, you've already have EaseUS installed. Follow the video to extend C drive.
    Note: In the Video, I used drive G and K. Yours would be C and D.
    [youtube]6qxTHqe18Js[/youtube]

topgundcp, Aug 4, 2016
  7. Whatphoeb Win User
  8. RolandJS Win User

I hope you have made restorable full image backups of your partitions on trusted external media before doing all that good stuff.

RolandJS, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Is it possible to extend Windows sytem partition to update to 1607? - Similar Threads - possible extend sytem

2. Unable to extend partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to extend partition: I am aware that the unallocated space must be immediately after the partition that I want to extend. The default Windows application cannot move partitions, and I prefer not to use third-party apps.I want to implement the solution provided here first answer. But in my case,...
  3. Unable to extend partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to extend partition: I am aware that the unallocated space must be immediately after the partition that I want to extend. The default Windows application cannot move partitions, and I prefer not to use third-party apps.I want to implement the solution provided here first answer. But in my case,...
  4. Trouble Extending Partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trouble Extending Partition: I had ubuntu installed on my PC in dual boot. I delete ubuntu using DISKPART command. But, when I try to extend my HDD space using Disk Management tool, on right clicking, it shows only 'Help' and no 'Extend Volume' option. Please share me with the details how to successfully...
  5. Extend partition

Extend partition: [img] I am planning to replace my HDD with an SSD. I will image the HDD and then restore to the SSD. I have a OEM Recovery partition that I would like to delete after the image has been restored to the SSD. However, I would then like to move the 980MB and extend my C drive...
  6. Extending Primary Partition

Extending Primary Partition: Hi. I noticed my recovery partition was eating up a good 24 GB of my SSD, so I deleted it in Disk Management. However, the Extend Volume option on the primary partition is greyed out, so I am still unable to access the unallocated 24 GB. What must I do to as these 24 GB to my...
  7. Extend Disk partition

Extend Disk partition: Hi i want to extend disk my c drive with a free 48 gb space. but i cannot do that. The extend option is greyed out and i cannot also delete the free disk space. pictures of it are bellow. Please help me increase the disk space. Thank you.[ATTACH]...
  8. 1607 WSUS server updates - possibly not working?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    1607 WSUS server updates - possibly not working?: Hey guys, Being the IT guy at work, I upgraded myself (actually did a fresh reinstall) to Windows 10 Enterprise build 1607. Hoping I could find any potential problems before the rest of the company gets it - they're still on 1511. We have a Windows Server Update...
  9. Extended Screen Resolution Problem following 1607 update

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Extended Screen Resolution Problem following 1607 update: After waiting 2 hours for a windows 10 update this morning I found that my extended screen resolution (1600 x 900) is no longer supported, Control Panel only offers 1024x768 and 800x600. The laptop screen resolution has been unaffected (1366x768) The extended screen still...
  10. Removing Extended Partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Removing Extended Partition: We did a fresh install of Windows 10 on a computer. When it came to the point of deciding what to do to the existing partitions, we attempted to delete all partitions and end up with on unallocated partition. However there were two partitions which we could not remove so we...