Windows 10: Is it possible to find who the original creator of a file or folder?

Discus and support Is it possible to find who the original creator of a file or folder? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am trying to see who the original creator of a file or folder in Windows 10, or in general Windows OS. Is this possible if the files were copied from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dennrom77, Mar 9, 2018.

1. dennrom77 Win User

Is it possible to find who the original creator of a file or folder?

I am trying to see who the original creator of a file or folder in Windows 10, or in general Windows OS. Is this possible if the files were copied from another device or computer? I know I can change ownership of a file (or folder), but after it's copied to another device is the creator the same? And my focus is more on media files and folders such as video files, music, or picture files. If this has been posted, my apologies for my lack of search skills, but I have tried searching even in this forum, and can't seem to find the answer. Thank you in advance!

:)

dennrom77, Mar 9, 2018
  2. ekki---01 Win User

Is it possible to update the firmware of a pre-production N95?

@riki4eva

Check your PM.

ekki---01, Mar 9, 2018
  3. ninetyten Win User
    Is it possible to update the firmware of a pre-production N95?

I have exactly the same problem, did anyone find a solution to this ?

Justin

ninetyten, Mar 9, 2018
  4. EdTittel Win User

EdTittel, Mar 9, 2018
  5. dennrom77 Win User
    Thanks! I actually ran into that same thread before posting, but at least this will keep me from wasting time! Thanks so much!

dennrom77, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Is it possible to find who the original creator of a file or folder? - Similar Threads - possible find original

2. Cut, paste and find traces of the original file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cut, paste and find traces of the original file: If I have cut a file from its original folder and pasted it on an external hard drive, do traces of the file remain in the original folder? If so, how does one find the traces?...
  3. Cut, paste and find traces of the original file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cut, paste and find traces of the original file: If I have cut a file from its original folder and pasted it on an external hard drive, do traces of the file remain in the original folder? If so, how does one find the traces?...
  4. Cut, paste and find traces of the original file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. is it possible to return onedrive files back to original folders on the pc? Thank you.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is it possible to return onedrive files back to original folders on the pc? Thank you.: Hallo, ich habe seit 12. Jan. 2018 Daten in OneDrive und die Synchronisierung pausiert. Jetzt stelle ich fest dass ich an diese Daten rund 23,3 GB von 30GB möglichem Volumen nicht mehr runterlanden kann. Ich fühle mich reingelegt da ich von dieser gravierenden Änderung erst...
  6. is it possible to return onedrive files back to original folders on the pc? Thank you.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    is it possible to return onedrive files back to original folders on the pc? Thank you.: Hallo, ich habe seit 12. Jan. 2018 Daten in OneDrive und die Synchronisierung pausiert. Jetzt stelle ich fest dass ich an diese Daten rund 23,3 GB von 30GB möglichem Volumen nicht mehr runterlanden kann. Ich fühle mich reingelegt da ich von dieser gravierenden Änderung erst...
  7. Who owns this - an easy way to see who owns a file or folder.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Who owns this - an easy way to see who owns a file or folder.: [img] Information dir /q in a Command Prompt window will show you who the owner of a file or folder is. The following is my way of automating this so I can use it easily as often as I want. Add Who owns this to the Windows Explorer/File Explore/This PC right click...
  8. Creators Update rollback possible?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Creators Update rollback possible?: I am using the upgrade assistant to download the Creators Update and have a screenshot that states "It's easy to go back if you don't like it." I currently have Version 1607 OS Build 14393.1198 Windows 10 Home. I had read that Version 1703 is the more secure Windows 10...
  9. Find Out who reset HOSTS file ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Find Out who reset HOSTS file ?: Hi I have a custom hosts file which has a lot of entries redirecting back to 127.0.0.1 (this is normal) One of my DNS servers is being updated, so I added a new entry to the hosts so I could get to my sites. This worked fine. After about 30 minutes I noticed I'd...
  10. Possible to upgrade windows 10 to creator edition but keep files?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Possible to upgrade windows 10 to creator edition but keep files?: So i can ONLY boot up window recovery environment. I want to keep my existing files when installing window creator. To be clear: i CANNOT boot to windows 10. Something is preventing me. Also, i see there is a DISM GUI. Has anyone use this in Window preinstall...