Windows 10: Is It Possible to have a choice of what OS you want to boot up?

Discus and support Is It Possible to have a choice of what OS you want to boot up? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Ok so, several months ago, I visited the University of Arkansas Library and used one of their computers. When I set down, I noticed the image that was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by vgkfan83, Jul 22, 2018.

1. vgkfan83 Win User

Is It Possible to have a choice of what OS you want to boot up?

Ok so, several months ago, I visited the University of Arkansas Library and used one of their computers. When I set down, I noticed the image that was on the monitor and it basically said "Choose which operating system you want to boot in to".... It sort of looked like this, but the choice were Windows or MacOS. . . Is there any possible way I could partition my SSD, install Windows 10 on one partition, and MacOS on the other, then when the computer starts booting up, it'll give me a choice like the image below to select which OS I want?

Is It Possible to have a choice of what OS you want to boot up? [​IMG]

:)

vgkfan83, Jul 22, 2018
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jul 22, 2018
  3. Wiped Hard Drive Can't Boot Vista

I did try every possible boot order and even with deactivated options, which I don't even know how or if that is helpful. I will try the Vista possibilities. The OS was listed in the BIOS, whatever that means, and it said it was a factory version, which I think is a good thing.

The PXE error messages may have occurred when I activated the network adapter and tried that in the boot order. Obviously, I am in way over my head. Thanks for the suggestions!

Techtardette, Jul 22, 2018
  4. Solaris17 Win User

Dual Boot?

I can help here iv had both i used partition magic to split my HDD and i installed vista on one and xp was already on the other only problem is id watch out if i were you for some reason vista does not like to dual boot iv seen this on a couple of my machines and my buddys. so step one have xp installed step 2 find a partitioner of your choice i dont know of any except partition magic and the one included on xp...only thing is i dont think the one on xp will even partition them...then pop in your vista DVD and select the drive of your choice....the only thing i can think of that causes vista to hate dual booting sooo much is that when their are 2 OS's installed xp uses its own prog to list them on boot well vista uses a totally diff boot loader than the previous os's and i think they conflict the problems i hade were the standard missing windows folder missing HAL.dll and the nt one dont remember the name.....that and after your done vista and boot into xp things didnt like to start correctly specially if you scan disk with vista.

Solaris17, Jul 22, 2018
Thema:

1. Is It Possible to have a choice of what OS you want to boot up? - Similar Threads - Possible choice boot

2. is it possible to have taskmanager autostart when windows boots up?

in Windows 10 Customization
    is it possible to have taskmanager autostart when windows boots up?: I used to be able to do this in Windows 7 but I haven't been able to figure it out in Windows 10 Thanks for your help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-possible-to-have-taskmanager-autostart-when/a8a56901-e91a-43fe-b6bd-0068d5a84377
  3. Help about manual OS choice

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Help about manual OS choice: Hello guys. For use noxplayer android emulator, i used that codes in cmd: C:\>bcdedit /copy {current} /d "No Hyper-V" The entry was successfully copied to {ff-23-113-824e-5c5144ea}. C:\>bcdedit /set {ff-23-113-824e-5c5144ea} hypervisorlaunchtype off The operation...
  4. Help about manual OS choice

in Windows 10 Support
    Help about manual OS choice: Hello guys. For use android emulator, used that codes in cmd: C:\>bcdedit /copy {current} /d "No Hyper-V" The entry was successfully copied to {ff-23-113-824e-5c5144ea}. C:\>bcdedit /set {ff-23-113-824e-5c5144ea} hypervisorlaunchtype off The operation completed...
  5. Os wont boot up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Os wont boot up: Hello i have a bit of a problem my hdd wont boot up on gateway fx6800 pc. It works on my other pc but for some odd reason it doesnt. I installed other hdd and it booted up fine but those where about 40gb and 150gb the one im trying to upgrade to is about 500gb wd and my pc...
  6. Is it possible to merge the OS partition and the boot partition?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is it possible to merge the OS partition and the boot partition?: I have 4 partitions on my HDD and am unable to download some diagnostic software due to this. I have a 500 MB reserved, OS, boot and recovery partitions. Is it possible to merge any of these partitions to make one available in Windows 10 education version?...
  7. Is It Possible to have a choice of what OS you want to boot up?

Is It Possible to have a choice of what OS you want to boot up?: Ok so, several months ago, I visited the University of Arkansas Library and used one of their computers. When I set down, I noticed the image that was on the monitor and it basically said "Choose which operating system you want to boot in to".... It sort of looked like this,...
  8. OS choices during reboot

OS choices during reboot: Since upgrading to Win 10 anytime that I reboot my machine I get a screen where I have so many seconds to accept either Windows 7 or Windows 7 recovered. I let the timer run down or I hit enter which would load the Windows 7 OS. However Windows ten loads. Why am I getting...
  9. What I want in an OS

in Windows 10 Support
    What I want in an OS: IF Microsoft were to ask me what I want in an OS, it would be the following... Give me the choice to COMPLETELY decide what I want and don't want. And an explanation of why I can't refuse some particular feature. This would make me very happy. But alas it will never...
  10. Slow boot/shutdown sometimes & Sys Config shows a choice of OS?

in Windows 10 Support
    Slow boot/shutdown sometimes & Sys Config shows a choice of OS?: The PC of my Wife is suffering occasional slow shutdowns. Interestingly too, sometimes the Wi-Fi icon doesn't come on boot ups and it is very slow connecting to the internet. Occasionally and recently on start-up we get the option of which OS we want to use on a blue...