Windows 10: Is it possible to keep the lock screen but remove the locked password?

Discus and support Is it possible to keep the lock screen but remove the locked password? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've got a client who wants to get rid of the lock screen password requirement but keep the lock screen with the time etc. Obviously disabling the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ITnerd, Aug 18, 2016.

1. ITnerd Win User

Is it possible to keep the lock screen but remove the locked password?

I've got a client who wants to get rid of the lock screen password requirement but keep the lock screen with the time etc.
    Obviously disabling the password requirement leaves the device vulnerable.

I've found plenty of information on how to remove the lock screen or remove the password requirement.

But is there a way to keep the lock screen itself and not the password requirement?

It would be even better to remove it only for the non-admin user intended for this purpose.

:)

ITnerd, Aug 18, 2016

2. Is it possible to disable the Lock Screen, or set it to longer than 5 minutes, using a 950XL with Continuum & Display Dock?

That's really great to hear @G.llex. Thanks very much for letting me (...and the rest of the Community) know about that.

I do have my own little update, in case it helps people before the update G.llex mentions, and it seems to have worked. I've not touched my phone, mouse or keyboard connected to the Display Dock for 25 minutes now and the external screen is still on and
    displaying things.

I found out that I was using the NoSleep app incorrectly.

What you need to do is connect the phone to the Display Dock and do something with it on the external monitor. (In my case I fired up the browser and logged into my companies Help Desk Portal Dashboard). Then on the phone only, you need to execute the NoSleep
    app. This then blanks the screen on the phone, hence the NoSleep app is the only app running on the phone in the foreground. You will know this because the screen goes totally blank. What this does is ensure the phone itself does not go to Lock Screen at all.

However, while the phone is in this state, you can do whatever you want with other apps etc. on the external display through the Display Dock.

So, this achieves exactly what I want! The signal is on, on the external monitor all the time and I can continue to work on other PC's with this constantly on, on another monitor on the wall next to me and keep track of the status of my companies Help Desk
    calls.

Hope that helps!

The Earl of Mowbray, Aug 18, 2016
  3. Is it possible to disable the Lock Screen, or set it to longer than 5 minutes, using a 950XL with Continuum & Display Dock?

Hi everyone, hopefully the subject title makes it clear what I'm asking, but to clarify... I'm using a 950XL with Continuum (...and really loving it!) however, the biggest issue for me is that when the phone locks and goes to the Lock Screen, the signal
    to the external monitor also locks up and ends.

I really want to have the external monitor connected and displaying the signal all the time and don't want it to lock up at all.

It's becoming a pain having to log back in all the time if I've not touched it for 5 minutes. What I really want to do is display the dashboards from our web based help desk portal, so that when I'm using another PC, I can still see them all the time on
    the monitor that my phone is connected to via the HD-500 Display Dock.

I've tried changing a load of settings, such as setting the Continuum app to always run in the background and trying to find a setting that will allow me to set the Lock Screen configuration to more than 5 minutes, but nothing seems to work and the Lock
    Screen setting has a maximum time of 5 minutes. I've even downloaded an app call NoSleep, that someone else on here suggested would solve this issue and which purports to enable this, but that doesn't seem to work either. (...in fact, it appears to be a complete
    waste of code!!!)

I've searched through a number of threads and have found a few similar suggestions but none of them seem to quite work either. So, can anyone tell me if this is possible to do this at all, either by a setting, an update or another app?

Thanks in advance (...and hope!)

The Earl of Mowbray, Aug 18, 2016
  4. Is it possible to keep the lock screen but remove the locked password?

AmericanPharaoh, Aug 18, 2016
  5. ITnerd Win User
    I already said I've seen ways to disable it entirely, I don't need commentary on why the lock screen exists.
    Why waste time with a post like that?
    From my understanding the goal is to have the lock screen with the time and use an image with instructions, but not to have them log in. I know the windows lock screen wasn't designed for that, but that wasn't the question to begin with.

ITnerd, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Is it possible to keep the lock screen but remove the locked password?

1. Is it possible to keep the lock screen but remove the locked password? - Similar Threads - possible keep lock

2. Can't Remove Login Password from Lock Screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Remove Login Password from Lock Screen.: Hi,I recently reset my laptop, and while setting it up, it is asking me to create a PIN. However, I don't want to have any kind of PIN or password on my lock screen. When I initially bought the laptop, there was no PIN on the lock screen. There was simply a sign-in button....
  3. possible to change the phrase “reset password” that is on the Windows lock screen?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    possible to change the phrase “reset password” that is on the Windows lock screen?: Good morning guys Does anyone know if it is possible to change the phrase “reset password” that is on the Windows lock screen? submitted by /u/Weak-Relationship924 [link] [comments]...
  4. Removing Password from Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing Password from Lock Screen: Whenever i open my laptop i always have to sign in to my microsoft account. Even whenever i turn off the sleep mode i have to sign in and type my password. I want to turn off the password option.I am using windows 11....
  5. Removing Password from Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing Password from Lock Screen: Whenever i open my laptop i always have to sign in to my microsoft account. Even whenever i turn off the sleep mode i have to sign in and type my password. I want to turn off the password option.I am using windows 11....
  6. Remove 'Lock screen'

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Remove 'Lock screen': My computer signs in without a password, but when it goes to sleep the lock screen appears - and I want to get rid of it. I've been to Settings> Power and Sleep and Lock Screen but couldn't find any suitable settings. Looking forward to solving it... Thanks....
  7. lock screen password

in Windows 10 Customization
    lock screen password: I don't want to have to enter a password on computer startup. How do I get rid of this requirement. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-screen-password/3f9bb64b-8cde-4b98-883e-2675817b5dba
  8. Remove lock screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Remove lock screen: I want to remove the annoying lock screen, I don't have touchscreen and there is really irritating. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-lock-screen/5f78474a-b086-416a-9ace-e132a83117b0
  9. lock screen password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    lock screen password: Hello, I have successfully disabled the request for logon password with netplwiz, but lock screen still requires the password. Is there a way I can disable this as well? I selected "never" not to require it upon the pc waking up, but it doesn't work. Thanks. 34777
  10. how to remove the password lock

in Windows 10 Support
    how to remove the password lock: It makes me use the password if it sets for 2-3 min. it makes me reopen with my password. how can I change it 8530