Windows 10: Is it possible to keep Windows Update from deleting unsigned drivers?

Discus and support Is it possible to keep Windows Update from deleting unsigned drivers? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; We use a few Windows 10 Pro machines in a laboratory setting at work, and they use a particular piece of hardware to flash microprocessors with new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Gurn Blanston, May 29, 2017.

1. Is it possible to keep Windows Update from deleting unsigned drivers?

We use a few Windows 10 Pro machines in a laboratory setting at work, and they use a particular piece of hardware to flash microprocessors with new code. The device works fine, even though it was made for XP, however the drivers for it are unsigned.

The problem is that every time there is a moderate to major Windows update, the update kills off the device drivers for this thing. Yes, I can reload them, but loading unsigned drivers in Win 10 is a royal pain in the butt and I would rather not have to do it every two weeks.

Is there any way to keep Windows from getting rid of these drivers?

:)

Gurn Blanston, May 29, 2017

2. Is it possible to keep Windows 10 from displaying one's email address on the login screen?

Hi,

I understand you want to hide your email address from the login screen.

For doing so you may use the Local account, but it will not sync. However you may try the below steps related to registry and check if that helps:

1. Type regedit in Start Screen then open Registry Editor

2. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System

3. Set dontdisplaylastusername to 1

4. Right click then create a DWORD DontDisplayLockedUserID with value of

Then all information here will be hidden, and will need to fill both username and password to login. Username can use email, or simply all lower cases first name (username is case insensitive).

Registry disclaimer

To do so: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these
    steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article
    in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

322756 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/ )

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, May 29, 2017
  3. Notra Win User
    Is it possible to keep Windows 10 from displaying one's email address on the login screen?

I have had this issue since I had my laptop and upgraded it to Windows 8.1, but I am wondering if it is possible to prevent one's email address from showing on the login screen when starting a PC or a laptop. Also, if I decide to upgrade my PC to Windows
    10, would it be possible to keep my login credentials the same as I have them now instead of it converting all of my settings to my current windows account that I use on my laptop?

Notra, May 29, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Is it possible to keep Windows Update from deleting unsigned drivers?

dalchina, May 30, 2017
  5. Thanks. That looks like it will definitely do the trick!

Gurn Blanston, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Is it possible to keep Windows Update from deleting unsigned drivers?

1. Is it possible to keep Windows Update from deleting unsigned drivers? - Similar Threads - possible keep Update

2. Windows update tries to install unsigned driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update tries to install unsigned driver: Hello!Windows update tries to install driver without valid digital signature for "Ralink Bluetooth PCIe Adapter" RT3298 and driver later fails to start with error "Windows cannot verify the digital signature for this file. The signing certificate for this file has been...
  3. Windows update tries to install unsigned driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update tries to install unsigned driver: Hello!Windows update tries to install driver without valid digital signature for "Ralink Bluetooth PCIe Adapter" RT3298 and driver later fails to start with error "Windows cannot verify the digital signature for this file. The signing certificate for this file has been...
  4. Windows update tries to install unsigned driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Keep unsigned driver, in windows 10

Keep unsigned driver, in windows 10: I have a firewire device ctrlmixer/soundcard Tascam FW-1884 with drivers made for XP i think, it will not work with a modern driver. I had to install a OHCI firewire legacy driver to make it work and then install the Tascam driver in unsigned compability mode. Then it works,...
  6. Disabled Unsigned Driver Updates?

Disabled Unsigned Driver Updates?: hello. i am on Windows 10 Home and am trying to figure out how to prevent Windows Update from replacing non-signed drivers. i have tried several things... there was a registry entry that is supposed to disable driver updates, i find you can enable this option through...
  7. Installation of unsigned drivers

Installation of unsigned drivers: Hi, How can I install specific unsigned drivers on my machine without disabling Driver signature enforcement for all the applications. Regards, Ammar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installation-of-unsigned-drivers/f1ebc1f0-87d8-42e7-bf57-865984d0ac77
  8. Unsigned driver

Unsigned driver: I have Veikk v50 graphic tablet. When installed it all works fine apart from the pen pressure. Looking in device...... It shows with the alert sign and the unsigned message. I can go through recovery etc and switch off the block on unsigned drivers, install the driver and it...
  9. Unsigned Drivers Windows 10 - Removed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unsigned Drivers Windows 10 - Removed: Hello, one if you any of your clever people can help. We sell equipment where we supply machinery, PC with Windows 10 Pro and hardware interface system, the Interface is USB based and comes with drivers which are unsigned. Installing the drivers via the unsigned mode on...
  10. Macrium Unsigned Driver

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Unsigned Driver: Anybody else getting this when trying to mount an image? Don't look too good!! Build 2089 - latest. [img] 80117