Windows 10: Is it possible to manually install desired updates in Win 10-1709 FCU?

Discus and support Is it possible to manually install desired updates in Win 10-1709 FCU? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello everyone. So i decided to downgrade my windows 10 latest update to fall creators update 1709 by reinstalling it. The reason is that after many... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by FilipPusca, Aug 13, 2018.

1. Is it possible to manually install desired updates in Win 10-1709 FCU?

Hello everyone.

So i decided to downgrade my windows 10 latest update to fall creators update 1709 by reinstalling it.
    The reason is that after many updates i observed my CPU and RAM are throttled to work slower possible by so known Meltdown and Spectre "vulnerabilities'' which are patched in windows updates if not wrong after 3rd January 2018 to force me buy new hardware but i not have money to do that now maybe after 10 years.

Need to know which KBxxxxx installs are needed for 1709 and does not have those patches so i install the other essentials needed for windows to work properly, cause at the moment some softwares do not install at all or hang.

Also if there is some tool to let me install them selectively or i will search them manually and then install.

Almost forgot my PC specs are here.

Thanks for any help.

:)

FilipPusca, Aug 13, 2018
  2. chispy Win User

Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Aug 13, 2018
  3. Win 10 1607 update

Installed the update manually at the the moment everything is bueno.
    It seems that Microsoft has a big problem in there update department windows 7 update has problems win 8 update has problems. Windows 10 update is so-so.

Countryside, Aug 13, 2018
  4. t0yz Win User

Is it possible to manually install desired updates in Win 10-1709 FCU?

"Feature update to Windows 10, version 1709" appearing as installed on clean FCU OS

Hello,

Never seen this before. Installed Win10x64 FCU/1709 from a DVD made with the media creator tool. Hardly the first time, this should result in having the last "feature update" installed, am I correct?

Well now I see that on 17 March a "Feature update to Windows 10, version 1709" apparently installed, apparently the same time as KB4088776 was installed, from Reliability History of that day. That seems weird/or some bug, I most definitely not remember going
    through the steps of installing a feature update, I would say I'd notice the long install time and being locked from the PC for a good while while there's an upgrade, not to mention there's no sense to go 1709 to 1709.

Is this a bug? Others also affected? Can't seem to find anyone else on the web. Hope it's a "cosmetic" bug, not something that messes up things in the OS.

Thank you.

Thema:

Is it possible to manually install desired updates in Win 10-1709 FCU?

1. Is it possible to manually install desired updates in Win 10-1709 FCU? - Similar Threads - possible manually install

2. Manual Update Possible?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Manual Update Possible?: I just checked my desktop computer. The Windows Update shows 2 Updates. One says STATUS: Pending Install. The other says STATUS: Installation 100%. Its been sitting like this for 2 days. Anyway to get it to install when I want it? Like "press here to install now" button? 183849
  3. Manual Update Possible?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Manual Update Possible?: I just checked my desktop computer. The Windows Update shows 2 Updates. One says STATUS: Pending Install. The other says STATUS: Installation 100%. Its been sitting like this for 2 days. Anyway to get it to install when I want it? Like "press here to install now" button? 183849
  4. Manual updating Win 10

Manual updating Win 10: Hello, Since that KB4023057 issue, I have disabled windows update service for a month or more, then I plan to enable it again. In the meantime I visit microsoft update catalog if there are some new updates for my system, right now found two. Shell I download and install them...
  5. Manual updates possible or not

Manual updates possible or not: Hi there Is it possible to manually install updates. I don't like this "Dumbed down" methodology as you might with very good reason not want to install "all possible updates". You can't (or I can't find it) even get a history of your updates -- another retrograde...
  6. When's The Next Cumulative Update Out? (FCU-1709)

When's The Next Cumulative Update Out? (FCU-1709): As the title says. Just curious. Are they released monthly? Currently on FCU latest build 16299.19 96911
  7. NO SOUND after Windows 10 1709 FCU update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    NO SOUND after Windows 10 1709 FCU update: The troubleshooter suggest I download the Microsoft HD Audio driver, but I have not been successful. Currently I have realtek speakers, so I attempted to look for updated drivers again unsuccessful. 99052
  8. PC won't hibernate after Win10 FCU 1709 clean install

in Windows 10 Support
    PC won't hibernate after Win10 FCU 1709 clean install: Hi, I had installed my new i9-7980/Asus Rampage VI platform on Win 10 1703 and had no issues. When I did a clean install of Win10 1709, I can't get the PC to go in hibernate mode anymore. The PC "tries" (the screen goes black), but after a few seconds it just comes up...
  9. Update to 1709 (FCU) Made Fonts Small - How to Fix??

in Windows 10 Support
    Update to 1709 (FCU) Made Fonts Small - How to Fix??: I updated to 1709 (FCU) and my fonts have become small. How do i fix this? 98575
  10. FCU 1709 issue coming up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    FCU 1709 issue coming up: I have noticed that programs that use Runtime 1.0 and 2.0 and 3.0 and maybe 4.5 will not run on the new OS I'm getting request to install runtime 4.5 because it contains 1,2,3, however windows report it can not install 4.5 because its part of the OS already. For those of us...