Windows 10: Is it possible to open the volume mixer instead of volume control

Discus and support Is it possible to open the volume mixer instead of volume control in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, Ten Forums! I was wondering whether it were possible to open the volume mixer instead of the volume control when left-clicking on the volume... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by QwertySpace, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Is it possible to open the volume mixer instead of volume control

Hello, Ten Forums!

I was wondering whether it were possible to open the volume mixer instead of the volume control when left-clicking on the volume icon in the tray. At the moment I have it set to open the old classic menu, but not the volume mixer.

So, is it possible?

Thanks.

-Qwerty

:)

QwertySpace, Nov 18, 2015

2. Volume icon missing after update 1/15/16 windows 10

This does not help with the volume mixer or volume control because this is not shown in the apps/controls it is possible to turn on or off. What do I do now?

CarolineRB, Nov 18, 2015
  3. Sound sources not showing up in volume mixer / app volume controls setting main volume

Hi,

I have noticed strange sound issues with Windows 10 and entries in the volume mixer.

For example, if I use the netflix app, there is no source added to the volume mixer for it. Instead, the Netflix app's volume control merely controls the level of the main sound device, so that if I turn the volume of netflix down, ALL sounds on the computer
    get attenuated as well. Definitely not acceptable.

Using Edge to run sites like Netflix that produce sound results in the same situation: Edge is not showing up in the volume mixer, and in-web-page-app volume controls either control the main sound device volume or their own sound, but never show up in the
    volume mixer.

Apps like Groove Music, however, while they don't show entries in the volume mixer, at least have their own volume control separate from that for the main sound device.

What am I missing? I haven't changed any sound settings other than sometimes switching the source from speakers to headphones and back.

Whether the main playback device is set to "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device" or not has NO effect on this situation.

Thanks!

LeslieCMiller, Nov 18, 2015
  4. jds63 Win User

Is it possible to open the volume mixer instead of volume control

All i see is right clicking to do this. What do you mean by classic menu ?

jds63, Nov 18, 2015
  5. This:

Is it possible to open the volume mixer instead of volume control [​IMG]

6. jds63 Win User
    Yeah, i knew what it was, but right clicking volume icon only way i know to bring it up, not by left clicking it. Normal way, yes.

jds63, Nov 18, 2015
  7. Edwin New Member
    @QwertySpace:

You could create a shortcut from within GodMode. Just a thought.

Edwin, Nov 18, 2015
  8. jds63 Win User

GodMode ? Software ? Assuming no other way in windows that i can see.

jds63, Nov 18, 2015
  9. Do you mean create a shortcut to the desktop? I can do that without GodMode.

10. jds63 Win User
    Truthfully why do you want the mixer so easily accessed since only raising volume and muting it, as i see it with yours only one item ?
    What sound device, integrated ?

jds63, Nov 18, 2015
  11. I don't understand the question.
    The picture I sent was not volume mixer, that was volume control.

12. jds63 Win User
    Look at Edwin's picture, then look at mine this is Volume mixer from right clicking the volume icon. This is what you mean ?

jds63, Nov 18, 2015
  13. jds63 Win User

Can pin it to the taskbar for easy access, when volume mixer is open it will be on the taskbar, right click it on taskbar select pin to taskbar.Can do that.

jds63, Nov 18, 2015
  14. Yes, that is the volume mixer I mean. I guess it's not possible to have that button open volume mixer then straight away then.

15. jds63 Win User
    Not that i can see unless using third party app like posted by Edwin or pin it to the taskbar. What about your sound device, what do you have realtek ?

jds63, Nov 18, 2015
Thema:

1. Is it possible to open the volume mixer instead of volume control - Similar Threads - possible open volume

2. Volume mixer not remembering volumes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Volume mixer not remembering volumes: Once a sepcific volume has been set for an application, it usually remains until the next time its been touched again. However here, everytime I change the volume and restart the application, it just falls back in line with the system volume. I am unaware of this happening...
  3. Volume Mixer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Volume Mixer: Why does "Host Process for Windows Services" randomly show up in my volume mixer and when I go to try and find it in the Task Manager it does not show up, do I have malware? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-mixer/0d2a473e-1770-4633-9b09-5703b09f05fd
  4. Volume Mixer

Volume Mixer: Why does "Host Process for Windows Services" randomly show up in my volume mixer and when I go to try and find it in the Task Manager it does not show up, do I have malware? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-mixer/0d2a473e-1770-4633-9b09-5703b09f05fd
  5. Volume Mixer: Can't Control Individual Application Volume

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume Mixer: Can't Control Individual Application Volume: Hello Microsoft community,I've been having some problem with my volume mixer lately.Normally I'm supposed to be able to mute individual applications by using my volume mixer. However none of my applications seem to registering? any sound and all the sound seems to be going...
  6. Volume Mixer: Can't Control Individual Application Volume

Volume Mixer: Can't Control Individual Application Volume: Hello Microsoft community,I've been having some problem with my volume mixer lately.Normally I'm supposed to be able to mute individual applications by using my volume mixer. However none of my applications seem to registering? any sound and all the sound seems to be going...
  7. Volume Mixer: Can't Control Individual Application Volume

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. [MISSING] Volume Mixer Controls

in Windows 10 Customization
    [MISSING] Volume Mixer Controls: Hi folks, I just re-installed Windows 10 and it seems as though the volume mixer controls in the task bar is missing. [ATTACH] Any help with this issue would be much appreciated. Thanks!...
  9. Device to control the Windows volume mixer?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Device to control the Windows volume mixer?: I often see in streams that the streamers can control the different sounds of Teamspeak, games or other programs with a knob, similar to a mixing console. I am looking for such a device to buy, but I have no idea what it is :). Thank you very much in advance. LG ~ Fang...
  10. Open Volume Mixer By Default

in Windows 10 Support
    Open Volume Mixer By Default: Windows 10 opens to a single slider, perfect for touch screens, but I want the mixer back. As it is right now I have to right click to open it. How can I make it default. 9581