Windows 10: Is it possible to place icons where ever you want on taskbar

Discus and support Is it possible to place icons where ever you want on taskbar in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is it possible to move the icons freely across the taskbar and place them wherever you want? Or they must be stacked up together? 40120 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mibaup, Feb 7, 2016.

1. mibaup Win User

Is it possible to place icons where ever you want on taskbar

Is it possible to move the icons freely across the taskbar and place them wherever you want? Or they must be stacked up together?

:)

mibaup, Feb 7, 2016
  2. garybear89, Feb 7, 2016
  3. garybear89, Feb 7, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

You can change the order in which they appear by dragging them around but you cannot leave any gaps between them. They will always stack up together as you stated.

philc43, Feb 7, 2016
  5. Edwin New Member
    You can place the group of them in a specific spot using the CTI trick.

Edwin, Feb 7, 2016
  6. mibaup Win User
    This CTI is cool! just found out how to do it, and btw, why do they call it "CTI"? I just created more folders other than CTI and named them differently, so I can have more movement on the taskbar
    Why in the tutorial they do not mention that it just a generic name and everything will work? Or if it's not CTI it can cause problems?

mibaup, Feb 8, 2016
  7. Edwin New Member
    You can name them whatever you want. I guess they use CTI, (Center Taskbar Icons), for identification purposes.

Edwin, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Is it possible to place icons where ever you want on taskbar - Similar Threads - possible place icons

2. Place a restart icon on my taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Place a restart icon on my taskbar: I want a one click restart icon on my taskbar instead of 3 clicks. Tried the youtube videos and it does not work. I cut and pasted the commands that were given. When I tried the shortcut , it looks like a command screen flashed very briefly and nothing happens. Why, oh why,...
  3. Place a restart icon on my taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Place a restart icon on my taskbar: I want a one click restart icon on my taskbar instead of 3 clicks. Tried the youtube videos and it does not work. I cut and pasted the commands that were given. When I tried the shortcut , it looks like a command screen flashed very briefly and nothing happens. Why, oh why,...
  4. "Where do you want to install?"

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    "Where do you want to install?": "It looks like you don’t have any applicable devices linked to your Microsoft account. To install, sign in on a device with your Microsoft account" Have tried everything from numerous amounts of youtube tutorials to reddit and still can't find any solutions. This is my last...
  5. Is it possible to change the win10 taskbar icon?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is it possible to change the win10 taskbar icon?: What it says on the tin, just wondering if it's possible and how. Windows 10 v20H2 172792
  6. Where do you want to install

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Where do you want to install: It looks like you dont have any applicable devices linked to your microsoft account. to install, sign in on a device with your microsoft account this is what i get when i try to download an app im signed in and still cant download...
  7. how can i place desktop icons where i want them

in Windows 10 Customization
    how can i place desktop icons where i want them: how can i place desktop icons where i want them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-place-desktop-icons-where-i-want-them/7c83c79e-b794-49fa-9fdd-4079d50e99fc
  8. Where do you want to install?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where do you want to install?: I am slightly at my wit's end... I am desperately trying to install the DSTV Now and Showmax app from the Microsoft Online Store. I have successfully 'purchased' the app from the store, but when I go to 'install on my devices' I get a dialogue box saying "It looks like you...
  9. I want to know where is this place?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I want to know where is this place?: I want to know where is this place? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-know-where-is-this-place/e3c518c9-de22-4ef9-b06d-0278f8c42d05
  10. Re-alighning icons on the taskbar - possible?

in Windows 10 Support
    Re-alighning icons on the taskbar - possible?: I have about 15 shortcut icons on my taskbar. They are all aligned to the left, leaving a big empty space on the right. Is there any way to to have the icons aligned more to the right...sort have them in the center of the taskbar? 36202