Windows 10: Is it possible to set up Windows 10 like this?

Discus and support Is it possible to set up Windows 10 like this? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Currently using Windows 8.1 http://storage8.static.itmages.ru/i/...26bdfdcc5d.png 93196 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Anixx, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Anixx Win User

Is it possible to set up Windows 10 like this?

Anixx, Sep 10, 2017

2. Windows 10: is it possible to set up shortcuts on desktop which automatically open in IE rather than Microsoft Edge

Hi wallace,

Thank you for being part of the Windows 10 family.

Sorry to know that you are facing issues with Windows 10.

I would suggest you to set Internet Explorer as default programs and check if it helps.

1. Tap on Windows Key and click on Search.

2. Type "Control panel" without the quotes and click on Control Panel.

3. Click on Programs.

4. Then click on Default programs and click on Set default programs.

5. Click on Internet Explorer.

6. Click on Set this as default programs.

When you want to open any html web page with Microsoft Edge. Then you can open it with Microsoft Edge by right clicking on the Webpage, click on Open with and selecting Microsoft Edge.

Get back to us if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Sep 10, 2017
  3. wallace99 Win User
    Windows 10: is it possible to set up shortcuts on desktop which automatically open in IE rather than Microsoft Edge

Hi Nyima, thanks for your reply. It has led me towards an answer which I think is fine for me

I found that, if I changed the default to Internet Explorer, then all the shortcuts on the desktop now opened in IE but all the shortcuts on the Start Menu continued to open in Microsoft Edge.

I think that is absolutely fine for me as my intention is to use the full screen Start menu as my shortcuts screen rather than use the desktop for this. This means I will be using Microsoft Edge most of the time which is what I want, Whenever I want to open
    a website in IE I will do this from the desktop

Thanks for your help

wallace99, Sep 10, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

Is that the standard Win8.1 Start button or is it a third-party thing such as Start8, Classic Start, etc.? The lack of Tiles on the screen suggests some customization, many things useful on Win8/8.1 can be used on Win10, degree of success unknown.

Berton, Sep 10, 2017
  5. nt62 Win User
    Is it possible to set up Windows 10 like this? [​IMG]

6. Berton Win User
    What program is that? I have a client who may be interested.

Berton, Sep 11, 2017
  7. nt62 Win User
    Not free.
    installed Stardock Start10 set to Windows 7 style and set to use global WindowBlinds theme
    installed WindowBlinds 10 Lantana theme

requires pressing Win X to get Win X menu
    enter "settings" in taskbar search to get to Windows 10 settings options or add to menu (see below)

EDIT: Windows 10 SETTINGS can be added to the Start10 menu
    at the CONFIGURE add shortcuts to the right hand side of the menu (display as or don't)

8. Berton Win User

Thanks, probably is over his head but he is a lot younger than me.

Berton, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Is it possible to set up Windows 10 like this? - Similar Threads - possible set

2. When I set my second monitor as my primary display in Windows 10, is portrait possible?...

in Windows 10 Customization
    When I set my second monitor as my primary display in Windows 10, is portrait possible?...: I need help to print screen Full Screen Mode of a letter in PDF format; but due to laptop screen is landscape, I am using external monitor.However, when Print Screen sometimes don't work, reboot always work but I prefer not to re-open my documents and Apps.When I set my...
  3. When I set my second monitor as my primary display in Windows 10, is portrait possible?...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I set my second monitor as my primary display in Windows 10, is portrait possible?...: I need help to print screen Full Screen Mode of a letter in PDF format; but due to laptop screen is landscape, I am using external monitor.However, when Print Screen sometimes don't work, reboot always work but I prefer not to re-open my documents and Apps.When I set my...
  4. When I set my second monitor as my primary display in Windows 10, is portrait possible?...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Is it possible to set my PC and Android alarms on both devices to go off simultaneously?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to set my PC and Android alarms on both devices to go off simultaneously?: Is it possible to set my PC and Android alarms on both devices to go off simultaneously? I would like my alarms to be in sync. This will be very helpful...
  6. Is it possible to set my PC and Android alarms on both devices to go off simultaneously?

Is it possible to set my PC and Android alarms on both devices to go off simultaneously?: Is it possible to set my PC and Android alarms on both devices to go off simultaneously? I would like my alarms to be in sync. This will be very helpful...
  7. Is it possible to disable access to a particular setting in Control Panel but not to...

Is it possible to disable access to a particular setting in Control Panel but not to...: So I know how to disable access to Control Panel by using Registry but I would like to disable access just to a setting that is related to Network Connections - Change adapter options. To disable access to Control Panel you need to create a registry called NoControlPanel and...
  8. Is it possible to disable access to a particular setting in Control Panel but not to...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is it possible to disable access to a particular setting in Control Panel but not to...: So I know how to disable access to Control Panel by using Registry but I would like to disable access just to a setting that is related to Network Connections - Change adapter options. To disable access to Control Panel you need to create a registry called NoControlPanel and...
  9. Is it possible to disable access to a particular setting in Control Panel but not to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. Is it possible to set up the calendar to pop up on secondary and tertiary displays from the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to set up the calendar to pop up on secondary and tertiary displays from the...: Is it possible to set up the calendar to pop up on secondary and tertiary displays from the taskbar in Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-possible-to-set-up-the-calendar-to-pop-up-on/6ba174d9-43fb-422c-bee1-45ce23c7a19b