Windows 10: Is it possible to speed up an application?

Discus and support Is it possible to speed up an application? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi! I'm a communications technician and I've got a radio programming application that is slow, slow, SLOW! When I run it in an XP virtual machine... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by n7slc, Jun 19, 2017.

1. n7slc Win User

Is it possible to speed up an application?

Hi!

I'm a communications technician and I've got a radio programming application that is slow, slow, SLOW! When I run it in an XP virtual machine (long story) it is lightning quick.

I uninstalled the app and removed all references to it in the registry. Cleared the temp folder. Reinstalled and the problem remains. I'm using Windows 10 Home on a core i5 laptop with 8gb of ram and an SSD, so the PC isn't the issue.

MS Office is quick. Photoshop is quick. Although it didn't start out slow, this stupid Motorola app is extremely slow now. A clean install of the application doesn't help.

Is there a way to troubleshoot the performance of an app?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Dan

:)

n7slc, Jun 19, 2017
  2. Sheena M. Win User
    Sheena M., Jun 19, 2017
  3. Is it possible to install an application onto an SD card?

No, you cannot load an app to an SD card for it to execute from there. The SD card is primarily an extension for media files, music, photos, video. Those tend to be the biggest space hogs in your core memory.

Sven Johannsen, Jun 19, 2017
  4. pyramid10 Win User

Welcome to the TenForums.

If there isn't a Non-Disclosure Agreement, would you provide the name of the app?

My initial thought is: Security is non-existent/non-interfering in virtual, but is 'TSA at the airport slow' in the real world.

pyramid10, Jun 20, 2017
  5. CountMike New Member
    Since it runs in XP, did you try setting it to XP compatibility mode ?

CountMike, Jun 20, 2017
  6. n7slc Win User
    Thanks Pyramid! That's a really good analogy of the issue. The program is Motorola's MotoTRBO CPS.

Hi Mike, yes I did and unfortunately, still slow.

Dan

n7slc, Jun 20, 2017
  7. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

If it runs FAST in an XP VM why not keep the VM - you can run an XP VM in minimal amounts of RAM -- if that's the only application that an XP VM needs then just keep it -- you can isolate most of the VM from the internet --if the XP machine needs Internet access simply use a gateway from your HOST rather than let the XP VM communicate directly with the Internet.

I'm still using an XP VM for quite a lot of things - no problem with it whatsoever.

Here's an XP (Icelandic version) system I'm still using to connect to my NAS (Linux server) - no problems at all with connectivity.

I actually like the theme much better than the current W10 ones !!!!!

Is it possible to speed up an application? [​IMG]

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Is it possible to speed up an application? - Similar Threads - possible speed application

2. Possible to bridge 2 Networks for faster speeds?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Possible to bridge 2 Networks for faster speeds?: Hi everyone, I'm currently downloading a game and was wondering if it was possible to combine my landline internet with my cellphone (unlimited plan), so I could download a lot faster? I've found some tutorials but wasn't able to configure them properly. Are there maybe...
  3. SPEED UP PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SPEED UP PC: Hi , May you please tell how to increase speed of my pc Sometimes its speed is too fast but sometimes it start hanging. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speed-up-pc/26e6a838-0db4-4e89-8e03-97302e9b89f2
  4. " Silver Speed up"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    " Silver Speed up": looking help removing " Silver Speed up" app safely from my computer. thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/silver-speed-up/86458186-c4ca-48d6-917d-0744e6916556
  5. Speed up logging in.

Speed up logging in.: Everytime I log into my user it takes a few seconds to actually log on to my laptop. If I see another person log into their Dell its way faster then mine and only takes a second then bam they are in. Mine spins for maybe like 10 seconds before it logs in. I even have a i7 so...
  6. speed up computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    speed up computer: how do i speed up my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speed-up-computer/66ed8e6b-a3eb-4763-85d3-a3f9af41b5f7
  7. Speed Up!!!!

Speed Up!!!!: Hey there. I'm using a 6 year old Pc. The specs are. Processor : AMD Athlon II x2 GPU. : Nvidia Geforce GT 610 RAM. : 8GB DDR4 Storage. : 1TB HDD OS. : Windows 10 (1902 build, i think) The problem is, PC is very laggy. I'm using Opera as browser. Loading that browser (Or...
  8. speed up computer

speed up computer: Want to speed up computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speed-up-computer/964fee4e-5a3f-493a-9efb-6d70fa341e22
  9. Speeding up computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Speeding up computer: Hi;I kindly wanna ask how I can increase the speed of my laptop which uses windows 10 and was bought around five months ago? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speeding-up-computer/7c4dfde2-c2c0-4118-a465-598ff22307dc
  10. speed up downloading

speed up downloading: my pc is typing slowly and downloading is taking a long time nor gives error message https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/speed-up-downloading/818265cd-e55d-43d9-9b39-d3f42106d0a5