Windows 10: Is it possible to stay logged in on the main computer when using Remot

Discus and support Is it possible to stay logged in on the main computer when using Remot in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I downloaded Remote Desktop app from Windows store and it works fine. The problem is that when connecting to my laptop from my other computer the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by saud, May 13, 2018.

1. saud Win User

Is it possible to stay logged in on the main computer when using Remot

I downloaded Remote Desktop app from Windows store and it works fine. The problem is that when connecting to my laptop from my other computer the laptop immediately logs out. If I use chrome remote desktop I can see the mouse moving and everything but not from Microsoft. Is it possible to see what is happening on my laptop without logging out.

:)

2. Staying logged on

Thank you for that information.

If you want to stay logged in to your computer, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Personalization.
    • Select Lock screen.
    • Click on Screen timeout settings.
    • From there you can now change the settings to Never.

Let us know if you need further assistance and we will be glad to help.

Acelyn Alc, May 16, 2018
  3. Staying logged on

Thank you - that seems to have solved my problem. (But why could I not have been told this in the first place (rather than requiring me to look for "lower right hand corner select Screen Saver" direct from the Personalisation screen?!(

MichaelAyresS, May 16, 2018
Thema:

Is it possible to stay logged in on the main computer when using Remot

1. Is it possible to stay logged in on the main computer when using Remot - Similar Threads - possible stay logged

2. Log in to a work computer remotely

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Log in to a work computer remotely: Log in to a work computer remotely? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/log-in-to-a-work-computer-remotely/a1739706-971d-4b40-81c7-b422f7aad76a
  3. Log in to a work computer remotely

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Log in to a work computer remotely: Log in to a work computer remotely? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/log-in-to-a-work-computer-remotely/a1739706-971d-4b40-81c7-b422f7aad76a
  4. Can i use Remote Desktop on Windows 11 Pro to log in remotely to use the computer while my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can i use Remote Desktop on Windows 11 Pro to log in remotely to use the computer while my...: Hi, I am trying to understand if I can log via Remote Desktop in to my son's powerful gaming desktop with Windows 11 Pro while he plays games on it. I figured out how to enable Remote Desktop and logged in but it forces the local user to log out/lose control when i log in...
  5. Can i use Remote Desktop on Windows 11 Pro to log in remotely to use the computer while my...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can i use Remote Desktop on Windows 11 Pro to log in remotely to use the computer while my...: Hi, I am trying to understand if I can log via Remote Desktop in to my son's powerful gaming desktop with Windows 11 Pro while he plays games on it. I figured out how to enable Remote Desktop and logged in but it forces the local user to log out/lose control when i log in...
  6. Can't log into computer's main account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't log into computer's main account: When trying to create a local account without admin privileges on my desktop I ended up locking myself out of the admin account. When trying to figure out what to do with support I was hung up. When the account screen pops up there are two accounts. The local account and the...
  7. Everytime I log on to my computer using the Microsoft remote desktop app, the main session...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Everytime I log on to my computer using the Microsoft remote desktop app, the main session...: Hello Everytime i log on to windows 10 on my computer using the Microsoft remote desktop app on my ipad, the main session on my computer logs off. But the ipad connection remains active. If i then log back onto my computer, then the ipad session logs off with the following...
  8. Remote log in when remote computer has rebooted to password screen

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote log in when remote computer has rebooted to password screen: I use Team Viewer to remotely login to my home desktop computer from my laptop. If for some reason the home desktop has rebooted, it will not complete the reboot unless the password is used. When that happens I cannot gain access. I tried eliminating the password by going to...
  9. Remote log in when remote computer has rebooted to password screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Remote log in when remote computer has rebooted to password screen: I use Team Viewer to remotely login to my home desktop computer from my laptop. If for some reason the home desktop has rebooted, it will not complete the reboot unless the password is used. When that happens I cannot gain access. I tried eliminating the password by going to...
  10. stay logged in

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    stay logged in: How do I stay logged in, until I am ready to log out ie where is the setting ? 43644