Windows 10: Is it possible to use Bitlocker on a single folder?

Discus and support Is it possible to use Bitlocker on a single folder? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Is it possible to use Bitlocker on a single folder? The only option I can see it to lock the entire drive. 112392 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Tigeromega, Jun 16, 2018.

1. Is it possible to use Bitlocker on a single folder?

Is it possible to use Bitlocker on a single folder? The only option I can see it to lock the entire drive.

:)

Tigeromega, Jun 16, 2018

2. Windows 10 creates a folder that has label "xxxx" that is very large and I would like to delete it but it i locked

Hi Nigel,

It's possible that the folder you wish to delete is saved on a drive that is secured by BitLocker, we recommend that you first turn off the BitLocker on the suggested drive by following these steps:

• Search for Manage BitLocker on the Ask me anything bar.
    • Locate and select the drive where the folder is saved.
    • Click on Turn off BitLocker.
    • From the dialog box, select Disable BitLocker Drive Encryption.

Once you've disabled BitLocker, locate and delete the desired folder that you wish to remove from your drive.

Note: We highly suggest that you check first the content of the folder before deleting it.

Let us know if you encounter any challenge along the process.

Darwin Dim, Jun 16, 2018
  3. Paola Gar Win User
    Need to turn off Bitlocker to install Windows 10

Hi,

We suggest doing the following steps again to resolve the issue. To complete the procedure, make sure that you have the following information:

• You must be able to provide administrative credentials.
    • The drive must be BitLocker-protected.
    To suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption on an operating system drive, please follow the steps below:

• Click Start, click Control Panel, click
      System and Security, and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Suspend Protection for the operating system drive.
    • A message is displayed, informing you that your data will not be protected while BitLocker is suspended and asking if you want to suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Yes to continue and suspend BitLocker on the drive.

Let us know how it goes.

Paola Gar, Jun 16, 2018
  4. Ernie San Win User

Is it possible to use Bitlocker on a single folder?

Bitlocker

Hello Nandana,

To enable BitLocker on your computer, you follow the steps below:

• Sign in to your Windows account with an administrator access.
    • Press the Windows key.
    • Type and enter BitLocker.
    • Click Turn on BitLocker.
    • If the system is asking to sing in to administrator access, please do so.
    For additional information about BitLocker, we suggest that you check the frequently ask question on this
    link. The link provided applies to Windows 8.1 to higher version.

If you have other concerns, don't hesitate to reach us.

Ernie San, Jun 16, 2018
Thema:

Is it possible to use Bitlocker on a single folder?

1. Is it possible to use Bitlocker on a single folder? - Similar Threads - possible Bitlocker single

2. single use code

in Windows 10 Gaming
    single use code: I have had 2 emails from microsoft in the last 3 days giving me a single use code. I haven't requested these so hope someone is not trying to get into my account. The emails say to ignore them if the code wasn't requested but I am worried that someone is trying to get into my...
  3. single use code

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    single use code: I have had 2 emails from microsoft in the last 3 days giving me a single use code. I haven't requested these so hope someone is not trying to get into my account. The emails say to ignore them if the code wasn't requested but I am worried that someone is trying to get into my...
  4. Your single-use code

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your single-use code: i received this email 5 times in 5 days: "We received your request for a single-use code to use with your Microsoft account.Your single-use code is: 0000001If you didn't request this code, you can safely ignore this email. Someone else might have typed your email address by...
  5. Bitlocker for Windows 10 Home Single Language

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker for Windows 10 Home Single Language: Hey there! I recently bought an ASUS VIVOBOOK 15 X515 and It has windows 10 Home Single Language pre-installed in it. I thought I was looking at the demo because usually, the laptop you see at the store is a dummy. Anyways I got my laptop and it was at the OOBE. I went...
  6. Is it possible to only allow a single program to use tethered internet from a phone while...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to only allow a single program to use tethered internet from a phone while...: My friend and I have a problem that no matter what we do we have a relayed connection on hamachi between each other and we have like 70% packet loss, but everyone else in the network is fine. He tried using tethered internet from his phone, and it actually worked but a lot...
  7. It is possible to prevent a single application writing data to a specific folder?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    It is possible to prevent a single application writing data to a specific folder?: I have an application that writes temp files in %appdata%/Local/Temp. I wanted to know if there is a way, either using Windows 10 or a third-part solution, to prevent that application from doing it. The easiest way would be disabling writing on the entire Temp folder, but I...
  8. Resize everything in a single folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Resize everything in a single folder: i wanna know if it's possible in pathfinder to make everything i one folder one size for example extra large icon but every other folder regular sized....
  9. Backup single file in folder

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup single file in folder: Hi Is there any simple way, not involving 3rd party software to get File History to backup a single file in a folder? I'm trying to backup the Google Chrome bookmarks file, the file itself is about 1k but it's in a folder with 1Gb of files and I don't need to backup any...
  10. Setup/use a single networked music folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Setup/use a single networked music folder?: Hello, I’m trying to figure out a way to use a single network folder for my music across three local computers. I’d like to just be able to point the folder to a location on a networked laptop so that I don’t have to maintain and use the space on each machine. However, I...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can you use bitlocker on a folder

2. bitlocker for single folder

3. use bitlocker for a folder

4. can you bitlocker a folder,
  5. possible to use bitlocker on a folder,
  6. bitlocker for single folder windows,
  7. can you use bitlocker windows 10 on a single folder,
  8. can you use bitlocker on folders,
  9. use bitlocker on network folder,
  10. bitlocker a folder,