Windows 10: Is it possible to use two host files simultaneously?

Discus and support Is it possible to use two host files simultaneously? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Is it possible to use two host files simultaneously in C:\windows\System32\drivers\etc?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jackin, Jul 16, 2018.

1. jackin Win User

Is it possible to use two host files simultaneously?

Is it possible to use two host files simultaneously in C:\windows\System32\drivers\etc?

:)

jackin, Jul 16, 2018

2. Hosts file editing

I have to jump in and say I use, and have used the host file for years. It's an easy way to take stress off of old name servers. I don't add everything, but major shares I do add to the host file. I've used the host file for some tunneling as well. I try to optimize my network as much as possible and I have a solid network. But Easy Rhino is right as well, you'll want to have everything he suggested as well. *Toast :toast:

Mindweaver, Jul 16, 2018
  3. Is it possible to play sound through headphones and HDMI output simultaneously?

Hi David,

I would like to inform that it is not possible to output sound through both the HDMI and the headphone jack simultaneously.

But you can watch video through HDMI and listen via headphone jack.

Follow the steps below.

• Right click on the speaker icon in the taskbar
    • Left click playback devices
    • Right click HDMI
    • Select Disable.

Hope this information helps.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Jul 16, 2018
  4. Louie Del Win User

Modern setup host

Hi Hermie,

Regarding your concern with the deleted Modern Setup Host file, we’d like to ask the following questions so we can isolate it at the same time:

• What particular action that you’re trying to perform at the time that it was accidentally deleted.?
    • May we know where and how it was deleted on your computer?
    • Were you able to check if the deleted file can be found in the
      Recycle bin?

As an initial step, we suggest that perform a DISM command. This will help repairing possible system file corruptions. Follow these steps:

• Type command in the search box.
    • Right-click on the result and select Run as administrator.
    • Type this command: DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
    • Press Enter.
    • Close the Command Prompt windows and check if changes were made related to the Modern Setup Host file.

We'll wait for your update after trying the steps.

Louie Del, Jul 16, 2018
Thema:

1. Is it possible to use two host files simultaneously? - Similar Threads - possible host files

2. Print the same document to two printers simultaneously

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Print the same document to two printers simultaneously: I have a Sharp printer with two paper trays. I have one Windows 10 computer that prints the same document to both trays simultaneously. It uses two configured printers called "Invoice" and "Plain". The configured port is set to: Port - 192.168.1.151; Description - Standard...
  3. Its possible to control 2 Lifecam simultaneously?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Its possible to control 2 Lifecam simultaneously?: Hi, I´m planning to buy this camera to record the behavior of a pet mouse in their homecage, but I would like to use 2 cameras connected to my desktop. Does anybody know if it's possible to control 2 Lifecam simultaneously? I mean to see and record both cameras apart? located...
  4. Its possible to control 2 Lifecam simultaneously?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Its possible to control 2 Lifecam simultaneously?: Hi, I´m planning to buy this camera to record the behavior of a pet mouse in their homecage, but I would like to use 2 cameras connected to my desktop. Does anybody know if it's possible to control 2 Lifecam simultaneously? I mean to see and record both cameras apart? located...
  5. Connecting to two SSIDs simultaneously

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connecting to two SSIDs simultaneously: Hello Community - I am experiencing something that I am unsure is an issue or Windows 10 networking working as intended. What I need to do is to connect to the Internet home Wi-Fi network using the onboard wireless NIC Wi-Fi and at the same time, connect to a hardware device...
  6. Is it possible to use two Bluetooth cards at once?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to use two Bluetooth cards at once?: I have been having some interference issues between my wireless headset and a wireless controller. I have a spare wireless card laying around, would I be able to put it in my PC and connect one device to one of the cards, and the other device to the other one? submitted by...
  7. Simultaneous dual ethernet networks? Is it possible?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Simultaneous dual ethernet networks? Is it possible?: Long story short: for my purposes, I have to connect via ethernet to one device hooked up to my computer in order to control it, which means I'm stuck with my onboard wifi for internet, which honestly isn't very good. I know it's 802.11ac and should be a theoretical 1300mbps...
  8. Simultaneously two microsoft accounts on two differenc notebooks

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Simultaneously two microsoft accounts on two differenc notebooks: Hi, The situation is that I have just recieved my new notebook Asus GA502DU-AL5002. On my old one, I am logged in to my microsoft account, and the settings are synchronized. If I want to install windows 10 on the new notebook, can I use the same account simultaneously on...
  9. Simultaneous Exclusive Fullscreen for two applications on two monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Simultaneous Exclusive Fullscreen for two applications on two monitors: Basically what I want to achieve is simple. I want to stream a football game via a browser, which has a full screen mode in the video, on my TV, which is my HDMI second monitor. At the same time, I want to run a game (Microsoft's Rise of Nations, for example) in full...
  10. Win 10 using two user accounts simultaneously

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Win 10 using two user accounts simultaneously: My Acer laptop running Windows 7 recently died. I bought a Lenovo with Windows 10. I had a backup of the old computer's User folder and sub-folders and everything in them. I renamed the Users folder to Acer and copied that folder from external drive to base C drive on new...